main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Based on the layout of this place, what are my options for moving away? And how much light is there right now?

2. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Axia: Axia looks over at her mother. "Shall we mother? Get a couple of speeders and go out to the old homestead."

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia: You mother gives you a peculiar glance for a split second, then replies, "Yes. Although I think I would prefer the comfort of a landspeeder, but you go ahead and take a speederbike."

4. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Axia: "Landspeeder then, I have no preference."

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Naboo:

Tira gets in the drivers seat of the speeder, and Axia and she zip over to the area where she used to live.

OOG: Axia, please tell me what you remember of this place.

Kleff: 3 Ninjas attack you. Roll defense.

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

Not too many. The light is not bright, but not dim. The main shadow here is under the table, and the door is closed.

7. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Ok, then I will take off my visor, look right at the guy with my glowing red eyes and let out a low growl.

Intimidate - 18 + 3 = 21
    Sleight of Hand (to palm visor) - 17 + 9 = 26

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Chance, roll spot.

Chance, you start to move into the area under the table, when the black thing in the darkness disappears, and then right in front of you floating in the darkness are red eyes and white fangs. You hear a menacing growl coming from the fangs.

Chance, you are intimidated, please respond accordingly for the next little bit.

9. Kronos

Kronos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    spot
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    11,+14
    Total:25
    Wouldn't I get at least a will save?

Either way I would shoot to stun if that happened.

Ranged
    Roll(1d20)+4:
    2,+4
    Total:6

Roll(1d20)+9:
    17,+9
    Total:26
    Heavy Blaster Stun

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I looked at the rules, there is no save against intimidate to my knowledge, it is just against a DC of your level+10, so Flizz had to beat a 18.

However, if any of you want to use intimidate from this point on, please indicate what reaction you are shooting for, or actually let the other person know ingame, such as: Talon shows up in a giant scary chicken outfit, and says to Kronos, "Put down the box of jerky." Talon rolls intimidate, beats the DC. Kronos puts down the box, and is intimidated.

Kronos could always pick up the box later, or if Talon failed the intimidate DC, Talon couldn't try again with Kronos under those circumstances. Another example would be that Talon could roll intimidate saying, "Back off", and if successful, Kronos would back off....

While you don't get a will save, you can apply any bonuses you have to saves against 'Fear'. I looked at your character sheet, Kronos, and didn't see any.

Since Flizz did not state to you what he wanted you to do, I imagined his growling, teeth and eyes would, when they intimidated you, just give you a 'back away' response. Plus, since you rolled so badly on your attack, I will let you keep it :) If you actually hit, well you deserve it!

So, you back away a step, startled and intimidated, but then pull your blaster and fire.

Flizz, roll defense, with all appropriate modifiers.

By the way, if modifying the 'Intimidate' skill rule into a more appropriate house rule is in order, I would be willing to consider one.

11. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    cool, I thought we were doing it the way we use to, but no issue here except a little overpowered to be able comand someone to do something. My 2 attacks were backwards by the way, the fiirst one was 26 and then the low one.

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    What was the old way we used to do intimidate?

13. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    It was a will save check and the degree of failure would add negative modifiers to the persons rolls. I am cool with what ever. The reason originally along time ago you and I changed it for the old game was for game balance, as being able to comand someone to do something with intimidate was stronger than the force with affect mind or even illusion. I am fine with whatever you decide.

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Dude, you have a great memory. It's all a blur to me. I looked in my files, and couldn't find it. I did find my house rule for 'Fear', but that does no good here.

Well, lets work out some a house rule, anyone else, feel free to chime in.

INTIMIDATE (CHA), House Rule
    Intimidate Roll is made against an opposed Will Save (plus any applicable bonuses) to see to what degree intimidation has occurred (amused, shaken, frightened, panicked, etc), subject to the GM. To intimidate someone, you must do something- non verbal threat, something you say, etc.

Check: If will save is matched, there is no effect.

If will save is beaten by:

1-4, target is Shaken
    5-7, target is Very Shaken
    8-13, target is Frightened
    14-17, target is Very Frightened
    18+, target is Panicked

SHAKEN: -1 penalty to attacks, will/reflex saves, & skill checks for 1 round

VERY SHAKEN: -2 penalty to attacks, will/reflex saves, & skill checks for 2 round

FRIGHTENED: In addition, if the will save is also beaten by 8 or more points, then the intimidator can gain momentary compliance from the target for the next round ("Back off!" or "Drop the package!" etc). After that, the target regains his composure. 'Frightened' effects stack with 'Shaken' effects.

VERY FRIGHTENED: In addition, if the will save is beaten by 14 or more points, then the intimidator can gain momentary compliance from the target for the next 2 rounds.

PANICKED: The will save is beaten by 18 or more points. Forget compliance, the target just freaked out. The target will physically panic and attempt to flee the scene if possible, and they have a 50% chance of dropping anything they are carrying. 'Panicked' effects stack with 'Shaken' effects only. This effect will last for 1d4+1 rounds.

'Compliance' has limits. You can cause an adversary to back down from a confrontation, surrender one of his possessions, reveal a piece of secret information, etc. You can't force someone to obey your every command or do something that endangers that person's life.

Retry/Failure: Intimidation cannot be repeated on the same target if it fails, unless the intimidator has increased his total intimidation modifier by adding ranks, gaining a new synergy bonus, or by some other GM granted bonus (like carrying a thermal detonator- that might give you a bonus)

Intimidation cannot be repeated on the same target in the same game day if it succeeds.

Failure: if the intimidation fails by 10 or more, the target gets a +1 confidence bonus to their attacks and will saves for 3 rounds- The intimidator tried to come off as menacing, but instead came off as silly or worse.

Special: You can take 10 when making an intimidate check, but you can't take 20. The Headstrong Feat gives a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks

Time: Intimidate requires a full round action

What do any of you think?

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    too complicated?

16. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    sounds fine to me. Seems more balanced.

17. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    That sounds great, so does Kronos do a will save now, or is that just from now on? Do his attack rolls still count?

18. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    If you need a will save here it is.
    Will
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    10,+8
    Total:18

19. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    If I see him pull his blaster I wanna use my sense to see if maybe there is something more there than meets the eye.

So is that just a D20 then?

If so here goes. d20+0

17+0=17

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I think sense is wisdom based. look at your sense based force skills to be sure. if so, your sense check would include your wiseom modifier.

BTW, House Rules are found here:

21. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    ok if it's wisdom based then it's 17 - 2=15

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The Storage Unit:

Flizz did this:

Intimidate 21
    Sleight of Hand (to palm visor) 26

Chance did this:

spot 25

shoot to stun: Ranged 6, 26 (Heavy Blaster Stun )

Will save 18

Resulting in the following scene:

Chance, you see the black thing disappear into the darkness.
    Chance, you are intimidated by the eyes and growl and are SHAKEN: (-1 penalty to attacks, will/reflex saves, & skill checks for 1 round)

Chance, you shoot to stun, and your new totals after being intimidated are 5 and 25.

Chance, roll a percentage dice. You roll between 1-10%, and you miss automatically.

(I am adjusting your miss percentage, Flizz, since you are under a table and he is firing under a table. Plus, it's not dim light in here, nor is it bright. It's about medium.)

Jank, you reach out with the force, but do not detect anything out of the ordinary. OOG: what were you trying to do? Sense is more for sensing the dark side, or 'tremors' in the force, etc. 'See Force', the skill, is for detecting the force presense of others.... what were you trying to do?

Kronos: didn't we work out some house rules for using the force to detect what is going on around you? Or was that with you, Gerson? Anyone remember what they were?

23. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i was trying to do more of the see force.

24. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    Talon in the barrior game at near the end we instituted a rule that a sense check of 5 that is a wisdom check (for a force sensitive character with the sense feat) could tell if there are lifeforms within 10 meters. A sense check of 10 can tell how many but not exact positions. In the Game you and I started it was the same except we added that the greater the roll the farther the distance they could sense.

Chance rolls a percentage

Roll(1d100)+0:
    52,+0
    Total:52

25. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Ok, defense rolls are 17+9=26 and 9+9=18. With the -1 penalty I think that means I dodge both. And with the sense, you were able to sense life forms around you with people that you know being the strongest sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.