main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Was there a reason we didn't do 'locations' in the sense check? Did that make it too overpowered and unbalanced?

And how far did we allow it to reach? Was there a max?

Vader sensed ObiWan from how far away..

2. Kronos

Kronos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    We never did locations to my remembrance, but we gave a rough direction that familiar people in areas that had no vegitation was easiest to find sense at long distances. We never set distances but said it had to be close by except with those times the GM used it to tell the story.

3. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    axia oog: Talon I remember there was an underground storage thing that Petra stole the amulet from. there was my house and a nieghbor who I believe gave me the holographic picture of Tira that Axia has. Other than that I dont remember much.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

Okay everyone, check this for the update to the house rule list, which now includes 'sense'.

Let me know if this is cool, or if it is too much, too little, etc.

5. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    Talon how can someone get a sense check of 30, as it is a D20 + wisdom mod. unless you are rolling see force intpo it. The original reason we did the sense check was to validate the books with Jedi knowing someone was near without them having to use see force constantly.

Also just opinion the Will save should a be easier than a skill that you can put ranks in, or some lv 8 could put 11 ranks in intimidate and have a small mod in cha, with skill emphasis feat and that lv 8 could easily intimidate Yoda. Most saving throws are smaller than the skill roll.

Just my 2 cents. Either way di my stun bolts hit?

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

[/quote]

Talon how can someone get a sense check of 30, as it is a D20 + wisdom mod. unless you are rolling see force intpo it.

Level 20 Consular has a plus 12 to Will Save, so in theory they could get a 32, prior to synergy bonuses.

The original reason we did the sense check was to validate the books with Jedi knowing someone was near without them having to use see force constantly.

Definitely! The house rule I typed up allow for just that.

Also just opinion the Will save should a be easier than a skill that you can put ranks in, or some lv 8 could put 11 ranks in intimidate and have a small mod in cha, with skill emphasis feat and that lv 8 could easily intimidate Yoda. Most saving throws are smaller than the skill roll

If you are talking about the Intimidate rule, what do you suggest? Perhaps the opposed check against Intimidate should be d20+Will Save Mod+Total Character Level? I am open to ideas before we cement these down.

I really appreciate your input, as well as anyone elses. I don't want to create house rules that are unfair or unbalanced, but I do want our house rules to reflect what we see/read in the movies/books. Wizards of the Coast will not be continuing publishing Star Wars RPG material, so we will not see a 3rd Edition Rule book to reflect Episode III. Which sucks. So, as you guys see or read about stuff not reflected in our rules, bring it up with me, and we will try to hash out some mechanics for it.

As for the stun bolts, your first one did not miss, your second one hit, what was the Stun DC on that gun? Was it just standard? Let me know, I will add it to your character sheet.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia, you and you rmother arrive on the scene. What was once a house is now a burned out husk. You mother gets out, and starts walking around, looking at it all thoughtfully.

"This was it, Axia. This, and a hidden cellar which would have been..." She looks around, a bit disoriented.

Roll spot, once to help you mom find the cellar, if you want, and
    another spot, to look at your mom.

8. Kronos

May 21, 2002

Talon how can someone get a sense check of 30, as it is a D20 + wisdom mod. unless you are rolling see force intpo it.

Level 20 Consular has a plus 12 to Will Save, so in theory they could get a 32, prior to synergy bonuses.

Yeah but isn't a sense check a Wisdom Check not a will save?

Also just opinion the Will save should a be easier than a skill that you can put ranks in, or some lv 8 could put 11 ranks in intimidate and have a small mod in cha, with skill emphasis feat and that lv 8 could easily intimidate Yoda. Most saving throws are smaller than the skill roll

If you are talking about the Intimidate rule, what do you suggest? Perhaps the opposed check against Intimidate should be d20+Will Save Mod+Total Character Level? I am open to ideas before we cement these down.

Usualy they make tables like
    1-9 roll 5 will save
    10-15 10 will save
    16-20 15 will save
    20-25 20 will save
    25 + 25 will save
    or something similar
    I am going off of stuff like Affect mind and the like.

I really appreciate your input, as well as anyone elses. I don't want to create house rules that are unfair or unbalanced, but I do want our house rules to reflect what we see/read in the movies/books. Wizards of the Coast will not be continuing publishing Star Wars RPG material, so we will not see a 3rd Edition Rule book to reflect Episode III. Which sucks. So, as you guys see or read about stuff not reflected in our rules, bring it up with me, and we will try to hash out some mechanics for it.

As for the stun bolts, your first one did not miss, your second one hit, what was the Stun DC on that gun? Was it just standard? Let me know, I will add it to your character sheet.

[/quote]
    I have a heavy blaster as you said I do not have Chances original blasters. I did send you a PM of the desire to find someone to master craft my heavy blaster and the hold out blaster. Either way the heavy blaster has a 17 fortitude save

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    okay, check this now, and see if this looks better. Let me know if it still needs tweaking.

10. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    17+6=23
    11+6=17

11. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    Seems like it works.

12. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    soudns good to me.

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

Yeah but isn't a sense check a Wisdom Check not a will save?

Oh yeah... it is, isn't it? Well, I guess they could roll a force point. Wanna suggest an alternate table than this one:

Sense (Wisdom) Checks and Results:
    6-11, you can determine whether there are lifeforms within a 10m radius
    12-17, you can determine the number of lifeforms within a 10m radius
    18-23, you can expand your radious to 20 meters
    24-29, you can expand your radius to 30 meters
    30-35, you can expand your radius to 40 meters

I am open to suggestions to make this a good, balanced rule.

14. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    sounds fair, it still leaves it open for gm to say " you feel a presence that is familiar miles away." aIF the GM wants. I say we roll with what you have.

15. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    OOG: Sorry, been laid up for a few days.

IG: Fort save 19 + 3 = 22

I will curl up into a ball after getting hit by the stun bolt, acting like I'm incapacitated.

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    not quite miles, but I did alter it slightly to allow for what you said about feeling a presence far away. If you roll a natural 20, you multiply your range by 1d4. How's that?

If cool, we will move forward!

17. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    it's cool with me yo.

18. Kronos

May 21, 2002
    cool with me.
    Sense motive on him acting like he is down.
    Roll(1d20)+11:
    20,+11
    Total:31
    Naural 20 baby

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    please roll bluff. Do you have any ranks in disguise or anything else that might give you a synergy bonus?

20. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well i'm invisible and just got hit by a stun bolt, does that factor in?

Bluff - 19 + 11 = 30

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    yes, it will. You are hard to see anyway.

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You look over at what appears to be a pile of cut branches some short distance away. You know that under there was the entrance to the cellar.

You look at your mom, and see her mouthing words, just barely. She is walking around, not quite facing you, looking at the ground.

23. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Jankarakk looks curiously under the table in the area that the stun beam was just shot. "What is that?"

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Jank, Flizz and Kronos:

Kronos, you think you stunned this thing, it's shape has changed, and it is not moving. You no longer see eyes or teeth.

Flizz, you are not stunned, but are faking it the best you can.

Jank, I am going to say that with our new house rules for sense, you determine that there is something alive under the table.

25. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.