main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    "Hmm...", Kleff says audibly with an inquiring look. He checks one more time, to make certain that they are indeed still not functioning.

If they still aren't working, I comm Kal.

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    "Yeah, Kleff, what's up?"

3. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    "Hey Kal, sorry to bother you. I realize you're busy, but I was just checking things up here in the cockpit, and I was under the impression you were able to repair the long range scanners. They aren't working for me. Maybe I can help you fix them."

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "No, what I said was that they are now ready to be repaired because of some repairs I did in the last couple of days. If you want to take a shot at fixing it, go for it."

5. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    ok, where am i at mr. GM?

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You are at your PM screen reading what I sent you!

I need to have your character sheet linked in your bio first.... I can do that tonight if you can't do it earlier.

I need a picture of you as well, btw

7. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia opens her eyes and decides not to bother her mother. She was unable to tell if her mother was in meditation or not. "Kal, any idea how much longer we might have to wait for your people to show up?"

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You hear Kal yawning into the comm. "Sorry. I haven't slept in 2 days working on those last systems, I just wanted to get them done. I am not sure how long it will take, as I am a little unsure of our exact position. The stars seem different somehow, its throwing my calculations and the computer's calculations off. I am gonna hit the sack for a while, I can't keep my eyes open. When I wake, I will work on the long range scanner. Good night, everyone."

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    "Sleep...", Kleff says to himself with a grunt. He decides that while Kal is getting his rest, he'll fix the dang scanners himself.

OOG: What do I have to do to attempt to fix the long range scanners?

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia: "I have no idea how long it will take them to show up, it could be anytime now, assuming we are where I think we are. My calculations are screwed up, so its hard to tell. The stars just don't seem to quite be where they are supposed to be. They are close, but it's like things have shifted a little."

Kleff: you would roll a repair, or some other more appropriate skill.

11. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Axia, knowing that her starship repair skills are nonexistent changes her mind about her mother and leaves the cockpit. She heads to her mothers quarters and lightly taps on the door.

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You hear her faintly say, "Come in."

You enter and see what has become a familiar sight. Your mother, sitting cross legged on the floor, wearing a loose fitting brown tunic and beige pants, reminiscent of homespun jedi robes. Her dark brown boots are off of her feet, and sit neatly at the foot of her bed. It is a conservative look, but one that seems to suit your mother these days. She looks healthier now as even the ships rations are an improvement to her diet from when she was prisoner to the dark side. Her lekku are crossed around the front and back of her neck and shoulders as if to mimic what her legs are doing. You, however, know this to represent 'serenity' or a concept similar to that in the Twilek head tail language.

Her eyes, half open and still distant as she emerges from her meditation, focus on you.

"My restless daughter." She smiles.

13. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Axia smiles. "Restless you say. Mother, I am, in comparison with days past quite content. I will admit I am tired of drifting out here in unknown regions. I have work to be done."

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    REPAIR ROLL
    Roll(1d20)+6:
    15,+6
    Total:21

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia: "Yes, I understand, but this drifting has provided an excellent opportunity for me to seek to purge the darkness from myself. It is a long, long process. Tell me again of the work you will seek to do, and how you intend to go about doing it." She motions for you to sit next to her. (give yourself 20 xp for your descriptive roleplaying earlier)

Kleff: You do you best to make the long range scanners work right. You connect the last wire, and sink the controls back into the cockpit console. You flip a couple of switches routing power to that system, and watch as it lights up. It would appear to be in working order once again! (give yourself 30 xp)

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    OOG: Nice, thx!

IG: With a sigh of relief, Kleff sits back in his chair. Then he shrugs and tests out the *hopefully* functional long range scanners.

17. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    IG: Warmth spreads through Axia at the simple joy of being invited to sit down next to her mother. How many people are able to truly appreciate that? To not accept it as something routine and expected? Its probably better that they do take it for granted. The price she paid to appreciate sitting by her mom was far too high and one she would not wish on anyone. Axia sat down next to her mother. "Yes, purging the darkness from one's self is difficult. I still feel it's influence, like a whisper in the back of my skull. I swear I can even hear it at times. However, I will not let it have dominion over me ever again. Hopefully I can purge the lingering shadows over time as you are."

Axia pauses for a moment gathering her courage. "However, as a disciple of the Dark side I did things I must somehow atone for. The force has shown me a vision of this other Skywalker that I must find and I will trust in the Force to guide me on this quest. Before I do that though I must return to Naboo. I murdered over 500 people in my selfish attempt to bring Petra back into my life. I must..." Axia stumbles for her next words. She is unsure of what she must do and is visibly upset by what she has done despite her attempt to hide her emotions. "I have to do something..." She finishes lamely turning her head away from her mother.

Then very quietly, to herself she added. "I could have saved her, if I had just been more..." Axia realized with a start that her thoughts were turning to the shadows at that moment. She had been about to say 'more powerful'. Purging the thought from her Axia repeated the last thing she said to her mother with her head still turned away. "I have to do something."

OOG: Thanks Talon for starting this up, to play Axia again is fantastic.

18. Keela

Keela Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2005
    OOG: Nice post Axia love! But...HEY TALON...How come Axxxiiiaaa gets extra xp for long, narrative, RPG posting here and I'm the only one writing a flippin book in the Modern game and have gotten bupkiss, squat, didly, nada, nill??? Huh? Huh? Huh? :D

19. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, to be fair, my modern character is a quick-witted, sarcastic, rich (inherited), snobby, arrogant, one-lining near prick so my short quippy comments are on equal roleplaying footing as any long narrative. And my Star Wars character is still floating in limbo somewhere, hopefully to be picked up by the newly fixed long range scanners.

20. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Yes as well as my character in the modern game is a lowly computer geek....he doesn't have much to say about stuff that isn't dealing with computers or technology. and my star wars character is in limbo....yep.

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OOG: You're welcome Kleff and Axia!

Also concerning XP. I just started doing this XP on the fly thing, because I realized that unlike a live game, there will be no 'end of night' in which I hand out XP. So, yes, look for XP On The Fly (TM) to come soon to a modern game near you!

And by the way, 'descriptive roleplaying' does not simply refer to the quantity of words your character actually says.

Take for instance, this post:

Axia, in the last couple weeks had crafted a new holster for her two lightsabers. Instead of hanging from a belt as would be traditional for a Jedi and attract much unwanted attention Axia had made a shoulder holster so she had a saber under each arm. Her own saber hung from her right arm so she could draw it with her dominant left hand quickly, and easily. Her father's saber hung from her left arm. With her leather jacket in place the weapons were completely hidden.

The jacket, she had recently cleaned. She had orginally purchased it for herself and then gave it to Petra Blackwing before reclaiming it after the incident in the alleys of Theed. Petra's scent no longer clung to the jacket and Axia found that appropriate. That was part of her past and Petra's spirit had finally been laid to rest.

Axia took a look at herself in the mirror and was satisfied that her weapons were not apparent. She noted the tattoo's that streamed down her left side Lekku and framed her left eye. This in turn reminded her of the large tattoo of Petra that covered her back. Axia had originally intended to get them all removed when she returned to known space. However she had recently changed her mind. The signifigance of the tattoos would serve as a constant reminder to follow the Jedi code. Before her knighthood Axia had reveled in the death's she cuased getting a new tattoo with each kill culminating in the large tattoo on her back and death of over 500 Naboo. She had tried to save Petra's life after she was shot by Redd. Calling on the Dark Side of the force Axia had tried to will Petra back to life with only partial success and steep price tag that the citizens of Naboo paid.

The tattoos would stay as a reminder, a constant reminder of how far a person can fall.

The last and possibly most important thing the mirror revealed was the metal sheath that now replaced the lost tip of her right Lekku. Axia still wondered what memories had been lost with the loss of the tip but she obviously had no way of knowing.

Axia pushed the thought away and rechecked her makeup before exiting her quarters. As usual she went to find her mother. She tried to spend as much time as possible with her mother in an attempt to make up for lost time. Not finding her mother right away Axia headed up to the cockpit were Kleff was sitting with a cup of caf. "Good Morning, Kleff. Morning, Kal"

In it, Axia only actually says the following: "Good Morning, Kleff. Morning, Kal"

See what I mean? Descriptive roleplaying means you decribe your characters thoughts, surroundings, perceptions, etc, etc, etc, not simply a sentence of what they might say.

Yes, typing is not as easy as talking, and yes, this means that I am asking players to put a bit more into this game than simple reactions or one sentence responses. I am certainly putting more into it, and so when you do as well, well... it is nice to see it reciprocated, especially since this is online and primarily text based. Thus, little XP rewards will be handed out now and then for stuff like that. If you type 1 word a minute, or have a lot of trouble being descriptive, just work at it. You will get better, I promise, and in the meantime, there are other avenues for XP as well.

22. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i shall strive for Axia's quality....because when you strive for perfection you're bound to at least become excellent. so i figure what the heck.

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Kleff, roll something appropriate... how bout Computer Use?

24. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    OOG: Wow, thanks for the compliment Jankarakk.
    Talon: Thanks for the compliment, when can I expect a post. My refresh finger is broke

25. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Computer Use:

Roll(1d20)+6:
    18,+6
    Total:24

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.