Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'Boise Idaho' started by Psxjedi76, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Just Currious who is going to be playing in the Star Wars RPG starting this Summer in August.

Time Frame Will be the Dark Times.

GM will be Gary, Brandons dad.

2. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm considering it. Do we know who often and what day or times it would most likely be on/at?

Maybe someone could get Gary to register with our boards, that would be helpful in communicating with him.
  3. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I will have to see what my new work schedule is. Should know by first weekend in August.
  4. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Got my regular schedule M-F 12:30 to 9. So if the RPG is on the weekend I am down.
  5. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    That is exactly what Marcus' schedule is! Haha, well I know I get off work at 5 on Saturdays but we have our Fellowship nights that start at 8, so that probably wouldn't work. Sunday afternoon's might work though.
  6. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    You know Marcus and I work across the street from each other right....Sundays would work if it ends before 6.
  7. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Decided as of last night was to do character creation on Friday Night 8/1/08 at All About Games @ 7pm.

And games will be 1 saturday a month determined after each game session.
  8. destined4gr8ness Jedi Padawan

Hello there,

Looking forward to getting this RPG off the ground. Friday should be a good time and we should be able to get the basic set-up/play completed so as to have the party/characters all together. We'll have to see how long the character creation takes. Hope to give everyone involved what they're looking to get from the game. It should be a good time. I think we also decided to cap the RPG at the existing players (5-6) we currently have so it doesn't get to overwhelming.

Let's have some RPG fun!

9. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Wrote a great background for my character. Getting excited to play.
  10. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Friday nights are bad for me. Sorry guys.
  11. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Talked with Gary and even though Friday's are bad, I might jump in on a future session down the road. Have fun with character creation and I hope the game is a blast!!!
  12. destined4gr8ness Jedi Padawan

Hey there everyone,

Need to know when will work for everyone to get together. This Friday has found some glitches in it and I think it may be best to postpone the character creation for a day when everyone can be available. I also have a few things to still prepare and don't think I can get them ready in the day and a half left to me. I'm sorry for the delays, but, I'm also really anxious to get this started. I know next weekend is Fandemonium so that weekend is out of the question as I won't be going and a couple other players can't make it. The following Friday August 8th should work though. Let me know!

Gary
  13. destined4gr8ness Jedi Padawan

Hello to all,

Spoke with Kasey last night and have no problem with others joining later, when they can and if they want. Right now we are sitting at 6 players, with the possibility of more wanting to join. Not to mention anyone that might want to join at the venue we decide to play at.

I was thinking if we get a group of 10 people or more, this would be alot for one game. Therfore, at this point, we would be able to break the group into two groups. We would then have two parties of 4 with two GM's running two sepparate games at the same time. These two games would actually intertwine so the characters could fight against or with each other, go on missions together (that would rely on both teams accomplishing thier portion of the mission), or even switch groups if they wish. This would be something that would have to be worked out between the GM's, but, I think it would provide a very interesting twist to the game. I also think it would be a good way of handeling an oversized group so it doesn't become overwhelming for one GM. Let me know what you think.
  14. destined4gr8ness Jedi Padawan

Ok, here is the lowdown on the Star Wars RPG.

WHAT: Character Creation/Party Gathering
    WHEN: Saturday, August 9th
    TIME: 7:00 pm
    WHERE: All About Games - Overland
    WHO: Those interested in participating in a Star Wars RPG campaign.
    WHAT TO BRING:
    1) A set of Dice for a d20 game (set includes: d20, d12, d10 x2 (percentile die), d8, d6 x?, d4)
    2) Any d20 RPG books you may have (especially the Revised Core Rule Book)
    3) An idea for your character with a basic back story, Name, Race, Class, etc.
    4) An idea of Feats and Skills and a characteristic for your character in mind.
    5) A miniature to represent your character in the game. (not required, see note below *)
    6) Something to write and erase with, scratch paper (notebook) for notes and tracking things, and Graph paper for map keeping.
    7) A sense of adventure and fun. (REQUIRED)

ERA OF PLAY: The Dark Times, (imediately after the delivery of order 66)
    RULES SET: d20 (with house rules implimented at GM's discression)

*NOTE*: This is NOT an RPGA sanctioned Campaign!!! Miniatures will only be used as character representation and for Visual/Locale refference during game play. Miniatures are not required to play.

I will be providing players with Customized Character sheets, so no need to bring any. This first session will be character generation and bringing the party together. As the characters are created I will run each player through a small solo adventure to bring the party together. Once the group is together we will end it there for the evening to continue as a group/party at the next gathering (time permitting). Anyone wanting to join after this date is welcome but will have to wait for an apropriate point in game play. If the Player count exceeds 7+ we may have to consider my suggestion of splitting into 2 groups.

I want this to be fun for everyone involved so my intention is that the game move along quickly and not get bogged down in alot of minute details. GM will be final arbitration in any rules disputes for the sake of the game. Again, Let's keep this FUN! FUN! FUN!

Any questions, Please post to this board.

Thank You for the oportunity to GM for you, and I hope to see you there!

15. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    The only conflict I see is our club meeting is set at the same time. Ron since the minis are not going to be out by then, maybe we could switch the meeting to 6pm on the 9th at All About Games to avoid the conflict?
  16. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
  17. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I understand what happened now BTW my time at All About Games did not go to waste at all. I got the greatest pack of minis ever: Jango Fett Bounty Hunter and Desert Skiff. It rocked.
  18. destined4gr8ness Jedi Padawan

Hey there,

Well, we had the first RPG session and it went well! Characters were created, and the group came together. We only had three players show up to play, that was a bummer. I know at least one other player will be coming to the next get together so we'll be at four.

Our next session has been set for Saturday, August 30th, at 7:00 pm at All About Games on Overland. Looking forward to a great game! I think the cliffhanger point at which we stopped left everyone wanting to know what's going to happen next.

Thanks, and hope to see you there!
  19. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Cliffhanger??? Thats the understatement of the century!!!
  20. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Now ya got me curious! What happened?
  21. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    We all were brought into the adventure individually and then while being pursued by Stormtroopers it ended
  22. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    8 of them to be exact and we are on Corucant and Order 66 has just been ordered. Yeah looks like a good time.
  23. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Reminder that this saturday is RPG day for us to continue the story see you all there.
  24. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Recap: While walking the streets of couracant we as a group we ran into two more Humans who joined our party a young Male about 20-25 years of age and a young Female 12-15. After meeting the two people a group of troopers came around a corner and yelled there they are.

WE ran into a Diner guess who Dex cafe after being stoped by a Server Droid. We headed out the back door.
    Where a couple troopers came through a door after us. After the first one shot Erics character to the ground. Trista Form hacked into a computer terminal and was able to hack into the dinners security systems and shut and lock the back door.

After a small battle almost loosing two of our party members a New member Joined our party from the shadows of the alley came a female twi'lek Blue in color. Clay tended to the wounded and whle that was being done Trista hacked further into the computer and was able to relay order to nearby check points to have the clone troopers dispatch as reinforcements to the Jedi Temple. We headed for the ship to make our escape Erics character stayed behind undressing a dead clone trooper. While heading for the ship we walked by a squad of clones heading for the temple. There was a clone comming after us yelling for us to stop. The group started to run. Clay turned around a faced the clone, and out of no where the clone flew through a local store window. Clay then headed back after the group.

As the group reached the Hangar there was 10 clone troopers standing out side the hangar. Clay presented a diplomatic form to the troopers and they cleared the way for him and his crew. Once inside the Hangar there was a change in plans.

The owner of the Ship started demanding for more money for passage off the planet. while this discussion took place the hangar door was shut and the young human female hacked into the ship and boarded the ship and locked the doors and started up the engines.

ending point.

Next game is on september 27th at all about games at 6 pm see you there.

25. destined4gr8ness Jedi Padawan

Hi there everyone,

Just wanted to post this here as I thought it would be easier for those that wanted a copy to get it. This is a Holonet News Broadcast I created for the RPG of Palpatines New Galactic Order Declaration to the Senate.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

HNN Broadcast of Palpatine's Declaration

The file is 36 MB so be patient as it takes some time to load.
    It plays in Windows media player.

Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.