main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SigmaRue, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Okay, so the following long-winded quote:

in one sentence: "I'm a whining OT purist who cannot stand Lucas changing his own creation without consulting me!"

Oh, and what the hell is wrong with being Australian? o_O

2. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Hi Bevan :p I don't have a problem with Lucas adding to his creation, but I do think that (like most art) he shouldn't change it. I think that he should have left it alone, his feelings for it obviously changed in the 20 or so years between the first trilogy and the prequels. I also wouldn't classify myself as an OT purist, because I do like most of the EU stuff NOT written by Lucas. In summation, Lucas had an awesome thing going, but he should have left it at that and not F-ed with it.

I said it's not ok for Boba Fett to be Australian... since he wasn't to begin with. I never mentioned you :D You're way cooler than Boba/Jango Fett. ;)

And yes, I am a bitter, tainted person, I blame Star Wars Galaxies and the Prequel Trilogy for my love/hate relationship with Star Wars.

3. SigmaRue

SigmaRue Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2008
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

4. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    We are still talking about playing as fictional characters in a fictional reality right [face_thinking]

Still not quite seeing why it cant just be a fun game we all play together.

Ohh nooooo I have to step out of my comfort zone :_|
    You can always bring the security blanket ;)

Im just messing with you. The game is all in good fun.
    Really just an excuse for us to see everyone more often [face_dancing]

5. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    a) The actor was Australian. Things like that happen in movies when people cast other people in roles. It's just a movie, and you weren't in charge of casting.

2) NGE was released over 3 years ago. Sony was the one who implimented it. We're not Sony, and we're not playing in SWG. It's also just a game. It's way past time to let it go, and move on to other things Star Wars

d) I don't think Lucas is doing anything other than beating the dead horse that is now Star Wars into a gooey paste and force feeding it to little kids who think Jedi are cool. That being said, it's his choice, not mine. But I won't let what he's doing affect my love for certain things Star Wars.

Maybe you should refocus your energies from hating Jedi, the prequels, and what Sony did to your game, and instead focus on the things about Star Wars that make you happy. Just a suggestion.

We're going to have some fun making new characters and growing them in the new campaign. No one is forcing you to participate, and I'm not running the group as it's supreme leader. If you want to come, awesome, we would all love to have you there. If not, that's okay too, it's not going to hurt anyone's feelings if you think it's a waste of time. There are other hats in the ring for GM, and I think each one of them would agree that if you wanted to join us at anytime, or just during one persons campaign, you are free to do so.

We've all got something about Star Wars we can't stand, or disagree with. Bevan really dislikes the continuity of "Han Shot First", Chris doesn't like the Saga system making Force Adepts a prestige class, and I really don't like the concept and art of the Old Republic MMO. But we're all fans of something Star Wars, and we should focus on that, and exploring the various facets we each like, for example RPGs.

6. SigmaRue

Aug 6, 2008
    Yeeeeah Star Wars Galaxies... the game that threw Han and Chewie at me about five minutes in to bust me out of an imp cell so I could be their only hope. Yeah, THAT'S an immersive world that doesn't shove marketable cannon down my throat to get the OT fanboys to play. The day Darth Vader stood up in front of a crowd and handed out a medal to some PC was the day SWG was banished from my computer forever. And I'm going to pretend that Boba Fett did NOT train me as a bounty hunter and that he was actually out doing way more important stuff... like, not sending out a level 3 Twi'lek to go kill lizards that respawn 20 for every one you kill. I'm just waiting for SWG to get the axe like Tabula Rasa. Rest in pieces.

To summarize: Galaxies sucked and pnp Star Wars kicked its ass with a zero-polygon count. Play something better, John. Like a Star Wars pen and paper where Han won't try to make you feel special for being a noob. :D

7. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
  8. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    That's probably the first thing I've heard you say that I 100% agree with you on. :D

9. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    You're ALL wrong!

The actors who played Jango, Boba, and the cadet Clones are all Maoris.

They're from New Zealand.

10. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    For the record, when I say SWG, I'm referring to original SWG, the SWG where being a moisture farmers was ok, and not everyone was forced into their rediculous "iconic" (iconic=lame) character templates, and when there were no jedi at all. SWG died for me the day the NGE came out, I had an incredibly hard time logging in after that (and quit soon after). Also, I agree, Han Solo and Chewie rescuing every frakking person in the game was incredibly stupid and Immersion-breaking.

Stan knows a lot of what went on during those times (from the Sony side), and he'll tell you that it was mostly Lucas Arts fault... also, Lucas Arts hasn't put out a single decent SW game since Jedi Outcast :\

I'd really, honestly love to, but I don't know if I can make a weekly trip into spokane to do it. I guess you guys are just getting to know me, notice that Alfredo, Smudge, my wife or any other long time members haven't said anything :p that's likely because they already know all of this about me. I don't expect anyone to agree with my love/hate relationship with SW, you all just have to understand that there are parts of star wars that annoy me as much as 20 crying babies in a small room. So I do my best to avoid those parts.

11. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Leave it to Chris to prove us all wrong ;) Thanks Chris. :D

12. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Oh, I should mention, even if I don't join the game, I could possibly offer some cool features on the website that will assist in keeping track of characters and story, etc... All you have to do is ask, that's part of my job here ;)

13. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Well, John, here's what I've got to say on the whole matter:

We have WAAAAAYYYY too many active Threads concerning the same subject.

I Posted something semi-deep and slightly profound for you in one of the other RPG Threads. Though I probably should re-Post it in this Thread, I just don't feel like it.

FYI: As one of the few Spokantina members who was actually alive and able to comprehend the Original Trilogy when it originally came out, I am FURIOUS at Lucas for fundamentally changing his creation.
    I don't think that I should ever meet him in person. I'd be too tempted to hug him and kick him squarely in the crotch.
    At the same time.....

14. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Alfredo's got my back [face_laugh]

15. SigmaRue

Aug 6, 2008
    I think it might be time for a separate RPG section. I'm getting lost in my own threads and we probably need a better way to discuss meetings, plot, characters, and all that good stuff. [face_dancing]

16. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    As I said, I can provide some pretty awesome features on the website. for instance, online character sheets (that you fill out on the site) that are also printable... that's just one example.

17. SigmaRue

Aug 6, 2008
    I've been using the site Corvallis showed us for that. It's a pretty sweet database for automatic sheets and the like.

Right now, I think we just need a place to keep a roster, changing schedule, and general discussion. Use those webmaster powers. Use them hard!

18. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, I have no power on these boards (and I wouldn't want any... the forum software sucks) so I'm limited to our domain, but I can pretty much do anything there, so if you'd like a roster page where you can edit the people playing, and what characters, etc. I can do something like that. If the site Corvalis mentioned (I did look at it, looks interesting) works, that's cool, though if you did something on the Spokantina site, it would be 100% under spokantina control and completely customizable to fit your needs, the only restriction is my time, and how much I have to contribute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.