NYC, NY Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mayhem, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    D&D, Star Wars, Mega-Traveller...I don't care what it is, I'm in! LOL
  2. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    WOW! This is awesome..last time I posted about this I got hardly a response.
    Manhattan can work if we can get a place. I would prefer to avoid Neutral Ground" because last I heard they charge and of course the hours aren't as flexible.
    I'll be picking up the new core rule book this friday too.
    Any thoughts on what generation people are more interested in? There is the "Rise of the Empire"(movie timeline) "New Jedi Order"(years after Retun of the Jedi) or "Tales of the Jedi"(years and years...before Phantom Menace)
    Once again..people can email me at edartdel@hotmail.com and I'll start making a list of people involved. I'll get people my home # then too if needed. You can also include times that you're pretty sure you'll be available(always able to change :) )
  3. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well Mayhem any weekend would be cool for me,also anytime after 7p.m. in the Bronx.As far as the time line I kind of like the Tales of the Jedi time line.
  4. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Why did I know you would like that time line.LOL Myself, I'm partial to then or the Rise of the Empire..but I'm open for anytime.
    With me..weekends are ok at night(I work during the days until close to 6pm) Fridays and thursdays are almost always good anytime.
    Depending on how many the final number is,and of course on Venom's availability, we can wind up with seperate groups and different characters and stories. They have a pre-made adventure for higher level(6th and up) characters too, so that can help..not too mention I am planning to try my hand with adventures(once I get the guts to try it)
  5. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling

star 3
  6. Darth_Mulder Jedi Youngling

I'm good for Friday's after 7:00, and any weekend day/evening. I'm interested in the Rise of the Empire (it's more Movie-centered than EU).

BenZ

7. cyranodb Jedi Master

star 4
    Just got the updated core rule book myself. What do you guys think of it so far??

Mike C. ;)
  8. Tremaniac Jedi Youngling

star 3
    My God, had I known it would be this easy to find SW players, I would've posted here years ago. Hell, for a while I was about to put all my second edition stuff in hock, but after seeing third edition, I figured I better keep it. I'm just not that impressed with the 3ed stuff.
  9. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I like the Rise of the Empire time period as well :)
  10. citizenjohn Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ed

Count me in for palying

John
  11. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
  12. ObiWill Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm interested in the Rise of the Empire period too. Friday nights would be best (I work Sundays, which puts a damper on anything I do on Saturday evenings), any location.

I have a feeling too many people will want to play Jedi-on-the-run. :)
  13. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Any of the movie timelines are cool. I have a feeling we'll get more then just Jedi. Especially after seeing the revised core book(I just got it yesterday). I for one am leaning heavily(pun intended) toward being a Gamorrean! <Snort snort..oink oink> They can't speak basic either...hehe..the fun I can have! Snort loud and carry a huge axe!
    I definately would like to get something going soon. Of those interested, who have the new core rule book, start giving us ideas of what/who you want to be. I have all the Star Wars gamers magazines too and worse case..if any can make it to the bronx soon(Or to dp4m's) I can try to throw somethign together...or maybe better yet..Aysardra and I have rolled up alot of characters, so we know the process well, we can just have the first gettogether to roll up characters and BS over some food about ideas and such.
  14. ObiWill Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As long as we don't get any Wizardmasters eating Filet-o-Fish. :p
  15. citizenjohn Jedi Knight

star 5
    As long as we don't get any Wizardmasters eating Filet-o-Fish.

LOL :D :D

That was the weirdest thing I have seen in this city in A LONG TIME!!!!!
  16. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    The Naked Cowboy in Times Square is the weirdest thing I've seen in New York in a long time...LOL.
  17. Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "Dragonmaster" eating Filet-o-Fish :)
    And please do not ask me how I remember the name of that man with the stained cloak.
  18. KitFistoRox Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I am so totally down with some SWRPG. Especially if someone wants to play 2nd Edition, though the Wizards versions are cool too.

(Oh by the way, hi all, first time posting on the board, I'm Jon, brother to Matt from the NYLine staff, that is all)
  19. Darth_Mulder Jedi Youngling

KitFistoRox! It's me, Zookus! I'm glad you found this thread... I, too, am down for some serious Star Wars RPG.
    BTW, anyone going to the 10:30 tomorrow night at the Zieg?

BenZ

20. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I just came back from Staples and made 50 copies of the new character sheet from the Revised Core rulebook. Once again, I am usually off thursday and friday(this week is tuesday and friday) and get out by 6pm the latest on the weekends. Let me know if anyone has any good days coming up and we can at least get somecharacters rolled up and go over some basics (for those that are new or just need to refresh)
    Venom and Cailinn, let me know how things are looking.
    personally I've been getting excited and getting some ideas now that I have the new core book.

people can also get some ideas and background at http://www.wizards.com
    Thats Wizards of the coast's official site and they have alot about the game there.

Get ready for a lightsaber wielding Gammorean!!!!...hehe...j/k they don't use the force.
  21. bobajames Jedi Youngling

star 3
    anyday but friday is good for me and any place if ppl want to do it in the city i think the neutralground is a good i know the owner pretty well and the hours r realy fexable they open around noon and close realy late some nights after midnight....let me know what u guyz think....
  22. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    James,
    Can you get me their schedualing at Neutral ground? Hours their open and stuff. Last I remembered they only had certain days that certain games were played? I could be mistaken. Also do they still require a fee to go there and play?

(My first character has been started...not a piggy....but a trandoshan Scout. he has decent stats, I am in the middle of picking out feats and stuff)
  23. bobajames Jedi Youngling

star 3
    well u can go to www.neutralground.com
    but the hours r fexable manily cause me and the owner r friends and magic the gathering is mostly played but d&d and swrpg is played too...
  24. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, the flexible hours are good of course. There is still a fee though...$7 a day/$25 a month.
    See what feedback the others say.
    (personally I am still leaning towards the comfort of in-home)
  25. bobajames Jedi Youngling

star 3
    k...i think that if i talk to the owner the fee will not b that much of a problem
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.