main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ken_the_CHOD, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Owwwwwch! I went out and bought the book tonight. It was a bit more expensive than I had anticipated.

Anyway, which method are we using to build characters?

Planned Generation
    Standard Score Package or
    Good old-fashioned rolling

Please let me know as soon as possible so I can have my character ready to go.

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll speak for him:

Good Old Fashioned Rolling. However, before you get too set on what you do, keep in mind that Ken intends to make a few special modifications himself to the system.

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    "a few special modifications"???

I thought Ken was a Dark Jedi, not a smuggler.

4. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Cinnea, please let me know as soon as possible. I went ahead and created a draft of my character last night. I'll just make modifications based on hiw new ability scores. The system is complex and if I didn't have so much experience with D&D rules I would have never figured it out.

5. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm sure he'll chime in - I've got no clue what his modifiations are. I think I heard something about armor as damage reduction. I'm sure he'll work it all out and help people generate characters as well.

And, I think, he was going to let Force Adepts start with whichever Force power (alter, sense, control) they wanted instead of what the book says.

Of course, I could be wrong. I'm no CHOD.

6. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I tried PMing him but apparently he refuses to read (or at least respond) to PMs. I want to have a couple ready to go since characters are sometimes known to die when they get to brave/careless.

7. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    So much preparing Roger has done. I've done none. I don't even know what I want to be yet!

8. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Valerie, are you familiar with RPGs? The reason I am so anxious to have Ken tell me what his rules are is so I can help others put their characters together. I think this will be a lot of fun! :)

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I know my husband, and I think I can safely say he doesn't know about PM's (or hasn't even noticed them) if he isn't answering. Maybe tonite I'll show him how they work. Watch - he'll have 100 messages waiting!

10. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    can I be a princess or something? I don't have much Jedi in me.

11. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Val, don't worry about preparing - all you have to think about is what sort of character you want to be - fighter, smuggler, Force Jockey, snooty noble, pilot.... If I can figure out the rules, anyone can. I guarantee it. Trying to convert my character has been quite a lesson.

12. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Thanks Cinnea.

Liz, there is a noble class which seems pretty useless as far as I'm concerned but it is a possiblity for you.

13. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    ooh snooty noble. :) or maybe a smuggler. hmmm so many possibilities!

are you saying I'm useless? ;)

*feigns indignation*

14. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    My top choices for character are soldier and slicer. I'm wondering if a mon Cal would be a good slicer. I'll have to keep digging through the rulebook to see if the character I want to create exists.

Edit: No Liz, there are just some classes that seem more beneficial to the group than others. Being an old DM I used to get so fed up with Cavaliers and other nobles that I wanted to single them out from time to time.

15. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Give me a Barbarian anyday. i used to love pissing the Magic users off by destroyer magical stuff to get experince

16. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I don't remember seeing any class that equated to barbarian in the SW RPG I'm afraid the closest you could get to that would be a mighty ewok :) seriously, A Gamorrean soldier might be similar.

17. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    a pig guard? no way, well maybe.

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Don't rule out Barbarians. Ok, it's hard to pull one off in a space game, but I do know that Ken intends to bring some D&D stuff in. For example, he's giving one NPC the "spell" Vampiric Drain (or whatever) from the D&D books.

19. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Tim, You could always go for a female Twi'lek character. :eek: That would be pretty cool.

20. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    female Twi'lick Jedi, yes!

21. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well, we'll have to see if he allows people to start off as Jedi class. Most DMs/GMs/CHODs have their own rules about stuff like that.

22. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I will probally be unpacking anyways

23. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Tim as a female twilek, now that I would like to see! :D

24. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Don't be silly. You'll be so burnt out on unpacking by then that you'll want a break for a few hours. Besides this will probably be a lot of fun. I figure if everybody gets into it we'll be driving Ken crazy about playing more often.

25. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    hello, not me, her. she won't let me go play if teh house isn't done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.