main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Star Wars RPG!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Master_Daylan, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Don't forget we've got a game coming up this coming Saturday. Email Hans if you want to come out.

2. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Dear Players & Prospective Players,

This is a reminder that the day soon approaches that we will be holding our Star Wars RPG (A Chicago Force Club) on Friday May 7th 2004 between 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm but if some of you like to come early please come around 1:00 pm. I hope that you can RSVP me so I can prepare the food and drinks! If you are late, I?m sorry that you may miss the great food because as many of you know I?m a Chef and I put out a wonderful spread.

As many of you may know we have been playing for approximately a year with our current game, which has just ended. We have completed our campaign and will now embark on a new one; I have been asked by many of the current players to restart our game to a new time line. Our new game will now take place in between Episode 2 and 3. The consensus is that we play as a unified group such as the Republic military, Jedi, Arc troopers, and other good alignment characters.

So, I have come up with a small out line for you and an adventure seed. The time: just a few months after the battle of Geonosis, Master Yoda has foreseen the dark times ahead for the Republic and Jedi Order and has chosen to assemble a special team of Jedi and Republic personnel to help save the outlining planets in the Outer Rim. Yet Master Yoda only has a small amount of resources to spare. He has put a young and experienced Jedi Master in charge of the first mission. He has also given this Master Jedi a Platoon of crack troopers and an experienced support team. First come first on all listed Characters types.

Young Experienced Jedi\Commander of Mission
    Clone Trooper Commander
    Brash Jedi\Starfighter Pilot
    Matukai Infiltrator\Crew Chief
    Ex-smuggler\Chief Engineer Slicer
    Counselor Diplomat\Historian
    Jedi Protector\Martial Artist
    Treasure Hunter\ Yong inexperienced Doctor
    Former Jedi Candidate\Ships Captain
    Human Replicant\Weapons Chief

You need to hand in a Character history for your Player Character. I also need to speak to or have e-mails from players who need to get the ball rolling on History and to create D6 stats. I would like to see some fleshed out story backgrounds as well.

Location: Call me or e-mail me at home or my cell if you need help finding my place. Also for people who are driving please let me know who is parking in my building, I ask because I need to inform the valet and get parking stickers. Sorry Parking in my building is $8 but if you do not get a sticker its $9. So please let me know so I can order stickers, and if you do not want to pay for parking you can find parking West of Sheridan RD and North of Grandville. I know a lot of you know one another so maybe you can car pool. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Hans, we have the game listed as a Saturday afternoon event. Are you changing it to Friday night?

Phil

4. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Yes, sir!

5. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Anyone interested in playing. A new game is starting next Friday. Contact THE EXECUTOR if you have a character, want to build a character, or have a D20 character you'd like to convert.

6. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    You need to hand in a Character history for your Player Character. I also need to speak to or have e-mails from players who need to get the ball rolling on History and to create D6 stats. I would like to see some fleshed out story backgrounds as well.

As many of you may know we have been playing for approximately a year with our current game, which has just ended. We have completed our campaign and will now embark on a new one; I have been asked by many of the current players to restart our game to a new time line. Our new game will now take place in between Episode 2 and 3. The consensus is that we play as a unified group such as the Republic military, Jedi, Arc troopers, and other good alignment characters.

So, I have come up with a small out line for you and an adventure seed. The time: just a few months after the battle of Geonosis, Master Yoda has foreseen the dark times ahead for the Republic and Jedi Order and has chosen to assemble a special team of Jedi and Republic personnel to help save the outlining planets in the Outer Rim. Yet Master Yoda only has a small amount of resources to spare. He has put a young and experienced Jedi Master in charge of the first mission. He has also given this Master Jedi a Platoon of crack troopers and an experienced support team. First come first on all listed Characters types.

I will try and explain my process that I use to generate characters and create a game background. First off the list that I sent off is a list of Character types or rather classes that you can pick from that will be an intricate part of story line and story development. I was asked by players to create a more cohesive player pool or a more unified group of Characters that will interact on a must need basses. The last game was a rag tag group that was assembled by common tragedy. This new group will be brought together because they all have a common goal, the preservation of the Republic and they are fighting on the same side. As for character history generation and story ideas for the background for your character type, I leave that up to you!

I will base all stats on how well you create a character, for example Joe creates a young brash Jedi and Sam creates a Middle aged bitter ex-imperial officer. I will award and take away character points accordingly for example Sam?s Bitter ex-Imperial will have more experience and have a few more higher skills because he has been around the block and experienced life, all this is according to his background story. On the other hand the story for the brash Jedi might be exceptional and have an extraordinary reason to have exceptional stats. So for example I create a Han Solo type Character and we all know Han?s background right? I will not start the character as a dummy in game stats terms he will have his stats that reflect his background and his life experience. Example: I will never give Han a diplomatic skill bonus, but I will give him a bonus to streetwise because his background dictates it.

The essential reason behind all this is so you the player can feel free to create a cool kick ass character that?s right for you! You can customize him or her, to your taste in play and let your imagination go wild! Also my biggest reason behind all this is so you the player can fall in love and care about your character. This helps you as a player think through what you will do during games, if you spend the time on a character and you love the persona of the character you have spent time creating you tend to be more involved in the game. So take the time to think out a character and give him or her enemies, defects, flaws, ego, education and most importantly personality. Give me reasons for the existence of your characters personality and explain why the character is the way he or she is!

So far
    Young Experienced Jedi\Commander of Mission - NPC
    Clone Trooper Commander - Lily
    Brash Jedi\Starfighter Pilot - John
    Matukai\Professor - Danielle
    Ex-Salvage Expert\Chief Engineer Slicer ? Ross
    Counselor Diplomat\Historian
    Jedi Protector\Mar

7. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Man the RPG sounds awsome.

8. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Yeah. Too bad it's the old D6 version.

9. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who showed up to this month?s game we had a blast. A many more thanks to Phil for brining freaks and geeks the DVD?s!!!

Game on Dudes!

10. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Great Turnout Saturday...10 people. We pretty much had to split into 2 games (same campaign) with our GM's.

Wow, if I go to the Toy Fair this month, I'll have completed the Chicago Force club Triple-Crown. Sad, isn't it.

11. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Nah, that's only if you go to all three clubs in the same calendar month... you went to Errant Venture in September. ;)

Glad to hear that y'all had a good game this time around. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.