main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ ** STAR WARS SAGA COMING TO TV3 **

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Also, a lot of younger viewers might not of seen all of the old films and despite ANH being on a weeknight and school having started again, I can wager we'll get a few fans into the fold.

:D :D :D

2. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Any cantabs keen for a viewing at Chan's place?

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I'd be keen, but alas, I'm still stuck up here in this **** hole some like to call Auckland. :p

//wants to get to Chch.//

Yea, I kinda am happy SW is on TV again. I'm too poor to buy the videos, and well my stupid olds taped over my SW "TV tapes" from several years ago. I sat there for AGES stopping and starting the Recorder to cut the ads, then the olds taped over it a little while ago.

BAH!

So, this time - set tape going, forget about ads I say.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Then once they've been recorded you break out the little plastic tab in the hole on the spine and the video is protected from being recorded over again ... unless you cover the hole with sellotape. :)

5. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    Yep that's what I do. :) That and I keep all my tapes in my room, out of sight from my family.

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Did that. Still got taped over.

[face_plain]

Was not a happy chappy.

7. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Speaking of old tapes, i found my vcr copy of ESB which was recorded from TV2 back in the days of the 'Wednesday Premiere Movie' - 1991 to be exact. It's so damn old, they're advertising the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) - the 8-bit beast with Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros!

Ironically, I still have my old NES, complete with 'Zapper' gun. There's a certain sense of charm in blasting fowl onscreen.

:D

Mark - do what i do with my video collection. Impose death penalties on all those who dare to even consider taping over them.

[face_devil]

8. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Old nintendo systems sell real good on trademe brought a snes for 20 sold it for 50

9. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I can remember when ESB premiered on New Zealand TV. I've still got the advertisements from the Listener, actually.

e: I'll scan them, just to share the memories :)

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Mark - do what i do with my video collection. Impose death penalties on all those who dare to even consider taping over them.

It was said that "if you leave your tapes down here by the TV, they get taped over!" I was like, "I was WATCHING SW TODAY!!!" But, obviously it was too late.

Yea, I think mine were from like early '90's too. I think ROTJ had Peewee Herman's movie ads - god they got annoying. (Missed a few ads when taping so they were included).

11. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    LOL, Peewee Herman movie.

None of my tapes got taped over I think. It helps that your mum doesn't know how to operate the VCR. ;)

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Looking in the new TV Guide, there's no other Star Wars documentaries during the Star Wars Weekend. :(

I realised last night that TV3 / 4 are shooting themselves in the foot by having the Star Wars movies on opposite Star Trek: Voyager (Saturday) and Earth: Final Conflict (Sunday). [face_plain]

13. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    "You can type that ***T George, but ya cant say it" -Good ol Harry, saying it how it is.

14. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Less than 1 hour to go!

:D

Edit:

And it begins!
    (in the middle, but at least it begins. ;) )

15. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Lock those S-Foils in Attack position boys and girls, its time :D

16. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    It's weird watching it in pan'nscan [/star wars geekette]

17. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    Ah, I can't remember the last time I watched ANH. :) Not that it's very long ago but I can't remember when.

My brother said the saber fight between Old Ben and Darth Vader is pretty lame [face_laugh] but I can't blame him because he's seen AOTC with me. 8-}

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Thanks to the stupid TV3 logo and the annoying advertising that keeps coming across the bottom of the screen, I'm not sure I'll bother watching the rest of the movies ... maybe I'll just watch my own videos at that time instead.

TV3's new slogan - "Ruining TV viewing for all NZ". :(

As for the lightsaber battle, you do have to remember that both Ben and Anakin are old men, and that Ben is only trying to create a distraction to allow the others to escape. :)

19. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    I hated the advertisements too, especially the first Malcome in the Middle one [face_plain] but I hardly paid any attention to the second--which was also the last. :)

Ah yeah that's what I said to my bro but he thought their escape would have been easier if Ben didn't let DV kill him :confused:. I told him he's creating a distraction and when the stormtroopers started shotting at Luke e went, "But they saw them anyway!"

8-}

20. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Master Yoda we shall see...

21. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    How about we try and integrate those 'Malcolm in the middle' ads and the TV3 logo into Star Wars canon :D

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I watched my own copy last night ... no ad breaks, no floating adverts, no stupid logo AND that means it finished earlier so I actually saw the entire movie. :D

23. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    ESB only ran until 10 or 15 past ten; you must go to bed quite early. ;)

24. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    HELP!!!!

I forgot to set my video for the doco that was on after ANH. I can copy tapes, so if anyone can part with their copy for a few days I would appreciate it.

PM me so we can come to some arrangement.

N_R

25. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm going out to a 21st tonight, so I can't watch ROTJ :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.