main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Saga on Digital HD

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Hoggsquattle, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015

Dark side is the easier path.:p

2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Just got a cereal box with a SW poster inside, I got TPM! DURP!
    Crazy theres no Ep Number there too.. Just StarWars: The Phantom Menace!

4. Lumpawarroo

Lumpawarroo Jedi Padawan

Apr 18, 2015
    I'm considering buying the new digital movie collection, but I have a few questions. I'd love some input from those who may have already purchased it:

1. Are they available for download, rather than streaming? And if so, what format (mp4, avi, etc)?

I'd really rather have the files on my own system than have to rely on Amazon streaming or whatever. If I want only the files, what vendor should I consider buying from?

2. Does this collection feature the audio commentary (director, actor, etc) that was on the normal 2004 DVD collection? What about other bonus features, like the documentaries? Somehow my google-fu has failed me and I can't find a complete list of everything that's included. Also, are these all also available as distinct downloadable files?

3. How's the quality, in your opinion? Better or worse or the same than the normal DVD collection, as far as audio and video?

4. Should I just get the blu-ray collection instead? It's the same price, and my comp has a blu-ray drive. Id' probably even rip and encode them all to a giant external hard drive. Would I be missing out any any spectacular bonus features or anything from the digital collection? I.e. is there any significant reason to get the digital download rather than the blu-ray, other than convenience?

Any input or opinions from those who have experience with the new digital version is greatly appreciated!

Bardan Edit: Merging this with existing thread on this topic.

5. Lumpawarroo

Lumpawarroo Jedi Padawan

Apr 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.