main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Saga on MTV

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by harrison13, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
    Saw a commerical last night for the saga to be played on of channels MTV. At first I thought it was a blu-ray commericial, but it said MTV will play all six movies this weekend.

Saturday
    Episode I
    Episode II

Sunday
    Episode III
    Episode IV

Monday
    Episode V
    Episode VI

2. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    So at some point they will have music videos on MTV?

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Not likely. They haven't had music videos on MTV in years. [face_laugh]

4. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    I can't imagine that there's anyone on these boards that doesn't own all six films on DVD anyways (except for prequel trilogy bashers, but then why would they want to watch them on television anyway).

5. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I like the idea that I'm watching it at the same time as a ton of other fans, but usually, I will just put my DVD in at the scheduled times so I don't have to deal with commercials.

6. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    [face_mischief]

7. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    This is actually a VERY VERY smart idea! If its anything teenagers listen too and obey above all else, its whats on MTV and if MTV says star wars is a cool and action packed movie series than maybe there will be less bully's and jocks rolling there eyes at star wars for a change -you know what i mean!

Now instead of 13 year olds idealizing biggie and tupac shooting each other they will get a chance to watch star wars and might actually get something out of it.

This is extremely smart because it might groom the new generation of teens into fans -or at the very lease have them except it more as an action/adventure series and not a "geeky sci-fi thing".

and dare i say..........bring in a few girls to the fan base :eek:.

8. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    For some reason, I've got this image of MTV deleting the entire Death Star trench run because it's an obvious metaphor for, um, something else. Seriously, MTV is possibly the most censored network on TV.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    "Luke, at that speed are you sure we'll be able to pull out in time?"

10. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    Does anyone know if they will be playing them next weekend too or is it just a one time deal? Now that they have the rights to the movies it would make sense to air them once in a while i would think. [face_thinking]

11. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    "Get clear, Wedge; you can't do any more good back there."

12. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    You came in that thing, you're braver than i thought...

http://strangeplaces.net/weirdthings/starwars.html ;)

13. NYjets1985

NYjets1985 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2009
    Gotta just be a one-time deal.

Not only was it memorial day, but the anniversary of the birth of SW! Thats why MTV picked it up.

14. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I agree! Anyone who watches MTV needs to see Star Wars. :p

15. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Now that's just juvenile, using single words. Plus, we were focusing on the Death Star trench run, one giant Does This Remind You Of Anything?.

16. socd14

socd14 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2009
    haha...i thought it was amazing, and i need to watch the movies agian, you pick something new out everytime, it just pisses me off about 1-3, i think id be able to watch em more if they had decent acting...the kid acting in it kills me...annie in TPM, and then fett in AOTC, just sucks, wish the casting director couldve done better, good casting for natalie portman though =P~

17. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Look at the size of that thing! (giggity)

And let's be honest! Even if you own a movie on DVD, if a movie you love is on TV while you're surfing, you'll watch it anyway, cuz it's right there!

18. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    And even if it's the crappy 'special edition'!

I felt like a bad son today, because my mother didn't yet realize that Lucas had put Hayden-ghost into RotJ.

Her reaction: "Why did they do that? Because he's better-looking than the bald guy?"

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I hate watching movies on television...I watched TESB and ROTJ last night on Spike, and boy, do those movies suck when you're suddenly watching an ad for Kia in the middle of the battle of Hoth.

They just can't build momentum.

20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The T-47 snowspeeders were actually made by Kia. [face_laugh]

We were together with some other families on the 4th and ended up watching ROTJ on Spike too. The kids ranged in age from 2 to 6, and it was great to see how enthralled they were and how enthusiastic about it all they were. They asked a lot of questions, and especially wanted to make sure they were right about who the good guys and bad guys were... interesting.

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Heh, that actually makes sense of a sort..I bet a Kia Sportage is about the same as a snowspeeder weight-wise. :p

22. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Interesting that they showed it I-VI and not IV-VI and then I-III. Perhaps Lucas will get his wish with TV channels showing them I-VI and everyone will slowly get used to watching them that way?

23. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I just don't start watching until they get to IV.:p

24. Moisdne

Moisdne Jedi Knight

May 16, 2009
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Imagine that! Watching something in order from beginning to end rather than backwards. Gee wiz!

[face_peace]

25. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    I think most network programmers won't concern themselves with the incongruities of storytelling order of the Star Wars movies. They're just going to see "Episode One" and think, "Might as well start there!" Also, it's possible that when Lucasfilm licenses the movies out, they stipulate the order in which the network is to air them as part of the contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.