main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars Saga to be released digitally on April 10th?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by D-Ludicrous, Apr 4, 2015.

1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
  2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Based off the trailers they stitched together for all six films, they're using the 2011 Blu-ray editions for the entire Saga. I highly doubt they made any further edits to any of the movies, it'd be a really weird thing to do now that Lucas isn't directly involved anymore.

Also, notice how every movie but A New Hope says "Disney Movies Anywhere" on the bottom of the image, and the '20th Century Fox' logo is absent from every trailer except for A New Hope's. It looks like Disney decided to buy the distribution rights to I-III, V, and VI early, as opposed to waiting until 2020 for them to revert, and worked out some sort of a deal with Fox concerning IV.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why release on VUDU of all places? Where's the announcement? The pictures used for the movies are very bootleg-looking.

This feels very fake to me.

4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Something is definitely out of place here

5. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Why not VUDU? As I said before I am certain these will be released on iTunes and Google Play and all. As for why Disney/LucasFilm hasn't said anything you will have to ask them.

6. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Ugh, the Special Editions. Do not want or care.

If they were to original cuts, this might mean something. Hope Celebration brings real change.

7. Luke_Spacewalker

Luke_Spacewalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2015
    I wonder when it comes to the deleted scenes if they will have some that were not featured on the Blu-ray? Such as the scene were Luke tries to escape from the Rancor pit.

8. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
  9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As far as the prequels go, it seems we'll be getting the finished deleted scenes as seen in the DVD releases.

10. Luke_Spacewalker

Mar 13, 2015
    Really puzzling why this is getting no big marketing push.

11. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

Because its just the blu-ray cuts on streaming. Who really cares in a year with The Force Awakens and a possible OOT release?

Cedric T Sealion likes this.
  12. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Star Wars fans, casual movie fans who stream

Regardless, the fact is it's rather strange that an ostensibly money loving company such as Disney would not be promoting this at all

13. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    They probably think a mere banner on the iTunes store home page will suffice :p which lbr, it probably will. It's Star Wars!

14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I just checked the page again out of sheer curiosity, and it no longer loads all the way, it's just a black page. If you search Star Wars in the search bar, it doesn't come up either, you just get seasons of The Clone Wars. So, it looks like they jumped the gun and put up the page before they were supposed to. Maybe we'll get some confirmation between now and April 10, like that one advert at Wal-mart indicated? Or maybe they're postponing the release by a bit and announcing it formally at Celebration? Either way, I really hope we get an announcement for an OOT Blu-ray release later this year as well, but that's neither here nor there.

15. Wampas_Have_Dandruff

Wampas_Have_Dandruff Jedi Master star 2

Dec 2, 2002
    I'm thinking postponement as well. Apparently Vudu forums deleted a thread about this and they are no longer responding to inquiries (including mine). I wouldn't place any bets on being able to buy these this Friday.

16. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Paid digital copies?

Interesting concept.

17. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm still not sure about this one. I would think they would be pushing this in marketing.

"Relive the magic of the Star Wars Saga before the release of The Force Awakens!" Something of that nature.

18. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The Star Wars YouTube just put up a bunch of trailers.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  20. Luke_Spacewalker

Mar 13, 2015
    Better late then never on the announcement huh?

21. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
  22. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Unfortunately the extras aren't enough by themselves. My complete Blu-Ray set suits me fine for the time being

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Will the FOX logo and fanfare be included on episodes I-III, V and VI?

24. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

My guess is no, but I'm really interested in finding out. I think this may give us our first hint of what the beginning of TFA will look/sound like.

25. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005

I'm guessing a silent Lucasfilm logo leading into the Star Wars theme, though with VII I have to wonder if Bad Robot will appear in the opening titles? Seems that like Marvel's films, there will be no Disney logo. Not that I expected one, but these releases pretty much confirm a Disney-free intro.