main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Saturday at Frank & Son Show in the City of Industry January 5, 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by FDC1, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FDC1

FDC1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    Hello everyone,

Just found out that there will be a Star Wars day at the Frank & Son toy show in the City of Industry on Saturday January 5, 2008. There will be Star Wars guests signing autographs there:

-Ray Park (Darth Maul)
    -Daniel Logan (Boba Fett)
    -Anthony Forrest ("Fixer" from the deleted Episode IV Luke & Biggs scene and the "These aren't the droids we are looking for" stormtrooper from Episode IV)
    -Bonnie Piesse (Aunt Beru from Episodes II & III)

Might be a good place to have an informal Fan Force meeting!

Here is the website for directions:
    Frank & Son

2. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Ooh! That place is awesome! We went last year and had a great time.

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Isn't that where you debuted your Tuskin Raider costume? I'll have to put it on my calendar. I haven't been there in quite awhile.

4. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    I've heard of that place! Sounds cool! :cool:

5. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Yes, and the robe sadly needs to be redone. Sadly, because that means I'll have to get past my lack of motivation and get on it!

It is a fun place. And a dangerous place. Many a coin was lost there. :oops:

6. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Ooh! I'm in!! Maybe I will actually dress up this time. lol
    I will have to bring DM too since he couldn't make it last time. :(

7. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I will be there. one way or the other.....

Franks good

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    AAAACK! :eek: =P~ Somebody better take pictures.

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Tempting, Very tempting, I may pop down.

10. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    some people do drugs

some people drink

some people smoke

some people over eat

I do frank - n - sons

:D

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    If Star Wars were a drug, I'd be an addict and F&S would be my main supplier!

12. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
  13. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Ditto to all that. We are so there. Maybe I can get the Doc to not send me back to work on thet day. I want togo.

14. JanDeis

JanDeis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2007
    I would want to go, but it is already a battle trying to convince my parents to let me go to the meeting next month...

15. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    you should show your parents the pictures from the parade and the x-mas party. Let them see it's a bunch of normal looking people (well as normal as you can be when you're wearing star wars costumes!;) ) they can go to the Frank and sons event also. I hear there's a lot more there to see than just star wars stuff.

16. JanDeis

Oct 9, 2007
    That might work. Then again, my parents are paranoid to no end about internet predators. I gave my mom your number, but she hasn't called you yet. I would give you my home number, but if I did that I would be lucky to be let outside to go to school...

I think I might try the pictures though. Hopefully I can get my parents to call you too.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Shoot, I'll even talk to your mom. I think I was one year older than you are when I went to my first IEFF meeting. :)

18. JanDeis

Oct 9, 2007
    [face_laugh] I told my mom that she could come with to make sure that everything is cool, and she said this (remember she is paranoid of internet predators)

"Oh yeah, sure. That way they can kill me too..." hmm. Do you guys know how I might convince that to let me go to one of these meetings?

19. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    To live a life in fear of predators is :( that's letting them win and feeding their evil minds. More likely to get hit by a car then stalked by an internet predator, morbid i know, but it's true. :oops:

Franks & Sons is a huge public marketplace for all things comics, star wars, lotr, trading cards, nascar, football.

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

Cookies. :p

21. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Yikes. And I thought my parents were overprotective. :rolleyes: Sorry.

We'll I know this won't help, but she's your mom. Her job is to worry about you. You wouldn't feel very nice if she didn't care, would you?

At any rate, whining won't get you anywhere, and neither will bribing. Figure out some way for her to meet everyone and then she'll feel much better and probably let you go to more events.

I mean, my dad and Mom were paranoid about me going to LA for a weekend (CIV) with people I didn't know. They thought I was going to get kidnapped or mugged or something. But after my Dad met the IEFF, he was much more at ease about it and gave me the go-ahead. After Mom had it explained to her a few times, she was okay, too. Sure, I could have gone whether they liked it or not since I was already over eighteen, but at the same time I didn't want them to faint over worry.

Anyway, good luck. Hope to see you at some events soon- and meet your mom!

PS: Maybe letting her see some of the video I've taken of the IEFF would help show her that these are normal people.

22. JanDeis

Oct 9, 2007
    I was actually able to talk to her about it this morning, and she said that as long as she is able to come, I should be able to go! And I didn't even need the cookies! Also, I'm only whining to you guys (if you see this as whining). I just kept trying to find a way that they would let me go. And I can go! Well, as long as my parents aren't doing anything on the 5th.

23. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm glad when I was a teenager, the internet was still kind of "new" and there weren't the types of problems that there are nowadays. My mom would've been the same way. Well, maybe not about the "they'll kill me too" part, but pretty bad. ;)

24. UsedToBeUndercover

UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    Okay, stupid question....
    Will they be charging for the autographs or signing for free? If they charge, how much would it be? :confused:

25. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    They charge. $20.00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.