main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Saturday at Frank & Son Show in the City of Industry January 5, 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by FDC1, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I plan on going to this event, either as an RFJ, an X-Wing pilot (thanks, JM, for the lone!) or a wrangler. I'll also be bringing a buddy of mine along. For those of you that were able to make it to my School Carnival event in early November, you met him. Lance, one of the 10 year old boys that was helping wrangle for our Sand Trooper will be with me.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/My%20Inland%20Empire%20Fan%20Force%20Scrapbook/2007-11-07%20Heritage%20Carnival/IMG_3813.jpg]

Lance is one of the happiest kids I know. Always a smile and full of life. Thankfully he's a very positive kid. Several weeks ago I noticed that he was acting sort of "off", kind of quite. I kept asking him if he was okay and he just said that his allergies were acting up. Well, I found out the truth of it last week... his mom's house had been broken into and ALL of his SW stuff had been stolen.

As mom was telling me what had happened, big tears just ran down his face. It broke my heart. There's not a lot I can financially do to replace anything, especially his games, but I'm so thankful that his mom is letting him come with me to this event. I know he'll love it and it will do so much to lift his spirits.

2. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    So sorry to hear of Lance's loss. I know how I would feel if that ever happened to me. It is great that you can take him under your wing and bring some joy back into his life. Looking forward to seeing everyone at F&S. Bill is going to dress up for the event. Kari, left you a PM before I read this thread.

3. FDC1

FDC1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    Just wanted to happy new year to everyone and hope to see you at Frank and Son this weekend!

4. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Happy New Year! See you Saturday!!!
    ~JO aka Nikol

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    ZOMG, ur coming?! YAY! I haven't seen you in AGES, lady!

6. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Of course I am coming!

7. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Bill wanted me to ask if any of us are dressing up for this? He is.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've temporarily got JM's x-wing pilot costume. If I can figure it all out, I'll probably be wearing that for a bit. If not, I'll do the standard RFJ and then photographer at large in civies.

9. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yes, Darren and I are going as well.

Ooh, Kari, you've got your name in Italics! Special, aren't we? ;)

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yes I am special!! And don't any of you forget it!!

:eek:

Even in jest, that doesn't work for me.

I had my name turned Smurf blue due to being the new CR and I did the italics because I thought it was pretty.

Yep, that sounds more like me!

:D

11. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I was hoping to be able to go to this, but I'm jusr not up to it. Hope you guys have fun. I'll look forward to seeing the pics.

12. UsedToBeUndercover

UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    I'll try and come. I want to see you guys again (someone forgot their Christmas card, LOL) and it'd be neat to see what all this fuss is about. If I have any tape left, I'll bring the video camera. Hey, any idea what time this thing ends and when we'll be heading back? My cell expired on the first of the year (darnit) and I'd like to give my parents some sort of ballpark figure.

I may or may not dress up. It would be cool to have it worn the first time in the New Year and it's finally cold enough for it, but at the same time I'd feel kinda weird. I've never worn my costume 'in public', so to speak, other than for an event. Besides that it needs to be washed and we're out of the gentle-wash stuff. :rolleyes: I AM bringing my lightsaber, though. I also want to find some way to display my patches and pins.

13. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Maybe someone can bring the pictures we took with Daniel at disneyland lat year. It would be cool to get them signed. Or see if he wants a copy for himself.

14. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    That would be a great idea. We have a couple of pics with Daniel from Disneyland. I was thinking of bringing my Darth Maul lightsaber (Master Replicas) for Ray Park to sign. I had him sign my plastic toy one at C3, but from handling it so much, the autograph wore off. Thank you everyone for answering Bill's question about dressing up.

15. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    'Cept of course you'll have to pay $20 apiece to have them signed. I know that's how they make money but sheesh.

16. UsedToBeUndercover

UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    Well, that killed it.

I'm not going to be there, guys. I've got a lot of work to do. My family needs help cleaning this house up. We've got until April to fix the garage door, landscape the front and backyards (i.e, pull weeds and reestablish a lawn), paint the entire house, fix the fence, fix the leak in the roof, and a dosen other things. In fact, 'cause of that, I'm probably going to be MIA until the house in finished...maybe longer.

Have a good time drooling over the merchandise!

17. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I can't make it. just got very sick. been sleeping a lot. going back to sleep after this. too tired to think. i'm very sorry, but I don't want to be in the way or bring anyone down. I gotta go.

thanks.

18. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    I might be rethinking about bringing the lightsaber. Not sure I want to spend $40 for an autograph. Been watching the news, they are talking about rain. Don't want to take the saber out in the rain.

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Looks like the weather is gonna be really wet tomorrow. Is that going to stop anybody from going? Those that plan on being there, what time are you shooting for?

If the rain is really coming down, I'll probably skip the event. If it's snowing in my mountains, I will skip it for sure. Basically, I won't know until tomorrow morning if I'm gonna go or not. That's a bummer cause I was looking forward to this!

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm not listening to the news about the weather at all. According to it, it's been "storming" in San Diego for the past few days.

I haven't seen a drop. [face_not_talking]

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It's blowing like crazy. The dang wind has moved my 10x10 chain link kennel about 40 feet across my back yard. The rain has also moved in; big fat cold drops that hurt when they hit because the wind has got them moving so fast.

I'm hoping all this wetness is bringing some snow to the mountains.

F&S tomorrow is still up in the air!

22. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    It aint raining down here now.

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I woke up about 4:30 this morning sick as a dog. [face_sick]

Not sure what hit me, but there's no way I'm making it down there today... especially considering that I've only just crawled out of bed.

I hope everyone that goes has a great time. Be sure to tell us about it!

24. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Sorry you guys missed it and for those of you who are sick! It was packed with people, and we had a really good turnout of members. They had a platform set up for us stand on if we wanted, which had a LCD TV to the side playing AotC, with banners and Yoda and stuff. There was a lady there who played one of the Ewoks (sorry I don't know her name or the character's name) and she had her Ewok head there, which she put on and took pictures of her choking a biker scout. It was pretty funny. Then another highlight was the two R2's having a bit of a "show-off" challenge. That really got the crowd laughing!

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It was good seeing you guys! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.