main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars - seen and heard

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Taeriel, Feb 7, 2007.

1. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Gang Fight with a great twist. Warning: Some language may be NSFW.

2. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
  3. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Steampunk Princess Leia

[image=http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/sp-Princess-Leia-Steam-Punk-Goddess.jpg]

4. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    ^^ There's also a guy named Sillof who does steampunk SW custom action figures.

Awesome Who's on First youtube vid.

5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
  6. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    My insomnia not only let me see Shatner on the Late Late Show, but Carrie Fisher was on Oprah....

7. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Loved it, Lis had it on the DVR, first time I ever saw Oprah! Very touching and her short and heartfelt song with mom was ....super cool amazing....IMO

8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I really enjoyed it, and hearing about her life is fascinating.

9. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    That totally rocked!

10. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
  11. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    I found something Star Wars-ey and Boba-Fett-cool that I wanted to post but I think it might violate TOS so I won't [face_worried]

It was really cool, though!

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Your sig, Joe. Your sig will keep me awake....

13. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010

[face_skull]

I <3 xkcd :D

14. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
  15. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    This really oughtta be posted in the Funny Stuff thread, but for a good laugh, read the reprinted 1999 Rolling Stone article highlighting Jar Jar Binks. I laughed and cried, mostly cried [face_mischief]

Features quotes like "Jar Jar's slapstick provides welcome comic relief to the film's Jedi solemnity, at least to most viewers."

[face_plain]

16. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I convinced a friend from work to watch Star Wars for the first time. This is her critique of A New Hope:

"Utinni!!! I thought I would be afraid of R2D2 because he has big eyes, but I liked him. I did'nt like the Yellow Man, though."

I laughed so hard I fell off of my chair and hit my head on my desk. My sup said my injury wouldn't be covered by workmans comp. :p

17. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    [image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2dw_LMWeE2w/TZKVDuZ20gI/AAAAAAAApUo/5RBJj0JaY9Y/s1600/200617_10100494899993380_13939580_69100651_3663814_n.jpg]

18. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    From TheForce.net...

The Holiday Special Coming To Blu-Ray

One of the most requested Lucasfilm releases ever: Star Wars the Holiday Special - Enhanced Edition TM arrives on Blu-ray. Fans worldwide will be able to pre-order in late September for $29.99 US $34.99 Canadian. Star Wars the Holiday Special - Enhanced Edition TM will also be available as a digital download.

An exclusive autographed edition limited to 1,978 units will be available through www.starwarsshop.com. Signatories include: Ben Burtt, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels and Carrie Fisher.
    >>

If only the wookie p0rn scene could be in "eye"-popping 3-D...

19. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ^^i saw that...is sd that is an april fool's joke if i ever saw one. a really GOOD one, but still.

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
  21. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    ThinkGeek had the TaunTaun sleeping bags as a April Fools Day prank a couple years ago. This year, it's...

Star Wars Lightsaber Popsicles

Saber-lickin' good!

Before Blue Milk, before Ewok Jerky, before that frog thing that Jabba eats, before even Yoda's stew, the main food of the Jedi was popsicles.
    [image=http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/carousel/e8b8_lightsaber_popsicles_vader.jpg]

22. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    So on our cruise a couple weeks back, Chris and I came across an ad for the 'Yoda Guy'. It turns out there is a guy, Nick Maley, who worked on Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back in the creature shop. He helped make masks for the cantina scene, and was on the team who built Yoda. He lives on the island of St Martin and has a little shop right in the main city. He mostly sells his own art, but also has a bunch of Star Wars art he sells, and a little (very strange) museum. Anyways, he was there when we stopped in and we met him. Very cool guy. I bought a signed print of his own art which he personalized for me, and got my picture with him.

Pics to follow when I get around to uploading them.

23. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
  24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    LOL, there's actually a user on OriginalTrilogy.com named Lando Lakes and his avatar is Lando wearing a headdress.

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005