main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars - seen and heard

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Taeriel, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    The local radio station morning show just played the Imperial March when talking about the rising price of gas. They used to do it all the time, but I haven't heard it for a while.

2. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    :-B

Tooth Tunes

These are awesome - they have a Star Wars one!
    It plays the main theme along with FX sounds and dialog! I got 1 and I was giggling the whole time last night while brushing my teeth. The boyfriend got one too, but used his "normal" toothbrush last night. Pah!

You can find them online - but they are running anywhere from $7-$20 more than what I found it at Target for.

:D

3. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
  4. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    [image=http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-expecting-skywalker-cat.jpg]

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
  6. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    I don't even know how to respond to that.

7. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

totally. Brilliant. And I agree with everything he said except for the parts that I didnt. :D

8. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I heart this essay.

But I've never had a problem defending Star Wars. (and I'm the person all my friends come to with Star Wars related questions. You'd be surprised how often Star Wars related questions come up in every day life.)

Here's what you say:

"Dude. Big space ships. Lightsabers. Harrison Ford. Dude."

That always gets 'em.

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I like the way you think Doni :D

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    And I just chuckled for the first time all day! [face_laugh] I really needed that

/goes back to mumbling about not really liking technical writing/

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I agreed with about 95% of that article. very well said.

12. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
  13. GA_Tompkins

GA_Tompkins Jedi Master star 1

Apr 5, 2004
    I didn't understnd it the first time and it kinda made me mad, then i threw off my simplistic navy ape thinking for a second and re read it... wow this is cool i agre with almost everything, but i will never hate the books...

we owned about every Essentail Guide to Star Wars books and i read every one of them over and over... i just bought the Essential Guide to the force... wow that was a great guide... and just today i just obliterated some of the guys in the divison by throwing a stream of facts in their face about how a Star destroyer could whoops up on the NCC-1701-E Enterprise ( i almost put the USS Enterprise whoops) and the said how do i know this i said "i also read the Star Trek encyclopedia"...

always know your enemy

14. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Well yeah. An Imp star duece is only about 5 times the size of the Enterprise.A simple ram wood wipe it out. If you want a good geek read find the physics of star trek. It knocks the crap out of the trekkie universe

15. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Yeah, they like to say that Star Trek is actually based in real physics. :rolleyes:

16. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Yeah, Its funny how wrong they really are or how the "simplest" things for them are next to impossible to acheive. Take transporters for example. Aside from the energy requirments , it would be impossible to send any sort of neural signals. Plus it would fuse with anything in the same space as the item beamed including gases, what ever surface beamed onto, the clothes being worn,Any youre holding onto, water vapor and so on. SO all that to beam a naked corpse into hard vacum.

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
  18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    You mean Obi-Shawn's H-Wing and Damien's X-Wing Pickup?

19. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Something like that. :D

The Colonial Viper looks really cool. I don't think i'm geeky enough to do that to my truck, but it is cool to see. :D

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, I caught the two wacko Star Wars nerds on American Idol tonight. It's people like them that make the rest of us look bad. [face_plain]

21. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
  22. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Just picked up the Family Guy "Blue Harvest" DVD, it was only about $13 at Target. Tonight there will be a viewing of AWESOME.

:D

23. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Steampunk Star Wars - check out the blog page, then follow the links - there's some INCREDIBLE stuff!

24. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
  25. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    More of an observation than a "seen and heard..."

Last night, I was baking cookies, and I put in "Jedi" just to have some noise going on in the apartment. And it occurred to me, for the very first time, that this has one of the most tragic moments in the entire 6 film series.

In Jabba's palace, the love of Han Solo's life is lying there in the hottest, sexiest outfit in the universe, and HE CAN'T SEE HER.