main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Seven Jedi (in production)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Hapajedi, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Based on the characters and films of Akira Kurosawa and George Lucas, I am proud to present my tribute to the great filmmakers of the samurai and sci-fi action genres,who inspired me to follow my dreams to a galaxy, far, far, away?
    JHM Productions presents
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/sevenjedilogo2.jpg]
    currently filming in Honolulu, Hawaii.

The emotional experience the star wars legacy has taken on myself as well as what it has done to all of us inspiring us our everyday life as well as our dreams and aspirations in life. Well after our last big experience of waiting in lines and dressing up (other than Halloween) the only other thing to look forward too is the DVD and the future scaled down versions on television. But nothing will have the same impact as it did on that last day on my 19th of May. To hear the 20th Century fox fanfare and seeing ?Along time ago, in a galaxy, far, far, away? one last time. When it was all over there was a deep sadness inside me. Although only we know what it meant. The years of anticipation, the waiting, the trying to stay spoiler-free, only us star wars fan can really know the pain of what to do now.
    So what do we do now? Like the time between the two trilogies, most of us were lost, didn?t know what to focus on? There are other franchises that are interesting but none as much as what star wars meant to us.
    Which brings me to my project. This is something I have been working for awhile. Story wise it?s been in my head along time now, but I didn?t want to start on it till episode 3 was over.

[Story Synopsis]
    The story takes place ten years after the events of episode 3.
    Focusing on a young commoner girl and her father as they set out on a quest to find warriors to defend their planet from the invading marauder army. The marauder's pillage and purge the commoner?s villages reigning terror and destruction in their path. Lead by a mysterious dark warrior who instills fear in the eyes of all who encounter him.
    On their quest to find warriors, they come across an assortment of characters, which turn out to be Jedi in hiding. Some of them include a powerful master, a young female knight wielding dual sabers, a mysterious sword master, and another who may or may not be a Jedi? They come to aide the commoners in their fight against the marauders army but their paths will soon collide with an even more terrifying threat?

Because we know that all Jedi are extinct by the time of episode 4, and after episode 3 ended, it opened the door to my story, so our characters will be new ones I have written and will focus on their fight against evil forces (not imperial, till the end at least).
    I have assembled some of the finest people in the Hawaii Television and Film industry on this project. I myself work in television and we have the equipment and the talent. I have assembled some of Hawaii?s top martial artist to be the Jedi and have a few digital artist and some great local actors as well. We have a good budget and lot of our production people work in the industry or are film and TV majors at the University of Hawaii.
    Of course we have the support of the local 501st legion, which will also be doing some filming with us in the next couple of weeks. We are doing awesome work with blue screen and digital environments, we are even building a large scale model for some of the blue screen shots of our starship, which is in reminiscent of the original trilogy. So were taking it back to the old school style which to me is more impressive that the all too common CG nowadays.

I have high hopes of making this the best one to come out of Hawaii and showcase our local talents.
    Will be entering this in either next year?s film festivals, either (HIFF) Hawaii International Film Festival or International depending on how long we will be in post-production. But this will be done slowly, which is good about being an independent filmmaker, no studio or execs rushing you to get it

2. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Hey cool, Kurosawa rocks. Don?t forget to have a look at the Magnificent Seven (the western version) and Seven Swords (the recent Chinses version) for different takes on the same theme.

3. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    Sounds interesting. Looking forward to this.

4. jedimasterowen

jedimasterowen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    Sounds very interesting. Watch the films other members suggest. For me, I recommend watching Seven Samurai again and again. Also, watch The Hidden Fortress, which is where C-3PO and R2-D2 characters came from, Ran, and maybe Dreams (all Kurosawa Films)

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Seven Swords isn't based on Seven Samurai!

Anyways, this is a cool idea!

6. kylepro88

kylepro88 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2004
    Hawaii should give you some awesome landscapes and filming locations. Can't wait for the end result. :)

-Kyle

7. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Technically no, it doesn't have the character-for-character match up as Magnificent Seven did but it's the same kind of story: seven warriors get together to save a small town from a warlord. The fact that they have magic swords is just a bonus for a guy doing Star Wars.

Haven't seen the film myself yet (waiting to see if they'll be an uber-director's cut) so I can't comment on it's quality.

8. jedimasterowen

jedimasterowen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    Yet Seven Samurai remains Kurosawa's BEST film.

9. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I actually like this idea a lot. Keep us posted!

M. Scott

10. uscmbuzz

uscmbuzz Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    Ok I dont mean to be a wet blanket as I have heard this time and time again.. You mention at the end of Ep3 all the jedi are extinct?.. Is that the way it is in the books.. Cuz according to the ROTS.. the jedi are not all extinct.. and no I am not includeing OBiwan and Yoda.. Obiwan and Yoda risk there lives to go to the Jedi Temple to Change the Recall Beacon to Warn the other Jedis not to come back to the temple or they will be killed.. Just thought maybe I missed something.. I dont keep up with the books very much.. just wondering..

11. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    Hapajedi, I knew it! I had a feeling you'd be posting here too. CHEEEHUUU!!!

12. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    No, he says by the time of EPISODE IV the Jedi are extinct. As they are NOT extinct when Episode III ends, it leaves an opening for his story. If he was under the assumption the Jedi were extinct, this story wouldn't make any sense at all.

M. Scott

13. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    .... so... lucas left it open so that Hapajedi could make his movie.... i wish lucas was that nice to me..... (j/k)

anyway, yeah, this sounds great, can't wait for it to get done so that i can watch it...

-Jacob "Sith-Man" Sheppard

14. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    Thanks guys for your replies, I have been watching samurai films from an early age, especially Kurosawa films. Like jedimasterowen said, The Hidden Fortress(Kakushi toride no san akunin)(1958)
    is one of the inspirations for Star Wars. Ran(1985) is based on Shakespeare's King Lear tragedy. I have done allot of homework on this one and have watched Seven Samurai(Shichinin no samurai)(1954), The Magnificent Seven(1960) ,and Seven Swords(Qi jian)(2005)(I have a copy of that film for a few months now) many, many, many times.
    Also A Bugs Life(1998), Galaxy Quest(1999), Three Amigos(1986)and Battle beyond the Stars(1980)are good references to the story as well.
    Well be shooting 24P and will be a full-length feature (90 mins). I know some of you will say its hard to keep interests alive in a full length "fan film" feature,but I have some suprises which should keep us all awake, hahaha. I'm also a Lord of the Rings fan, and love what Peter Jackson did with the triolgy on DVD so Im sure that I will have a longer "Directors Cut" version when were done.

15. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Awesome idea. Seven Samurai is one of my top favorite movies. Good luck and thank you for bringing some originality.

EDIT: But this will be done slowly, which is good about being an independent filmmaker, no studio or execs rushing you to get it done right away.

Exactly. That's the way good films are made.

16. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    Will be doing flashbacks of "Order 66" that will fill in our characters back stories.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/TrooperTest.jpg]

Here is one of our local 501st as a clone trooper executing "Order 66" for one of the flashback scenes.

17. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    One thing I'd love to see is some stills of your locations. I imagine you'd be able to find some incredible spots in Hawaii.

Will the bad guys be on swoops instead of horses?

18. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Hell, Battle Beyond the Stars was made specifically to be Seven Samurai meets Star Wars. That's outright stated in the director commentary on the DVD, never mind beind bloody obvious by the plot and some of the names in the movie...

It was my first thought when I saw this thread: "Hell, hasn't the been done already?"

Heh.

19. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    ...What about Cyber Ninja?

20. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    I dont read the books at all,and am not using any of the EU characters. Im keeping the storyline close to canon as possible with the exception of my characters. Those killed on screen were only that which Lucas had introdcued to us too. Being that their are supposedly thousands of jedi in the galaxy that recieved the signal to stay away from the temple on Coruscant. Their definite numbers of those remaining and or killed were never made known.
    We have a 20 years or so window to play within.
    Vader hunts down the jedi for those 20 sum years which factors into my story as well.

21. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    Heard its like Power Rangers on acid. =D=

22. uscmbuzz

uscmbuzz Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    Oohh.. My bad.. Ok by the beginning of episode 4 the jedi are extinct due to DV hunting them down.. dang.. it would help so much if I read instead of skimmed through this stuff.. but being on dialup it takes me a while to get something then I kinda read it fast.. totally my mistake.. thanks I stand corrected.. I humbly appologize ...

23. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    jedi are extinct due to DV hunting them down

...... DVeditor ?

24. Scott_M

Scott_M Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    ...spooky...

Don?ft forget to have a look at the Magnificent Seven (the western version) and Seven Swords (the recent Chinses version) for different takes on the same theme.

Don't forget A Bug's Life.

25. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    No worries, its all good![face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.