main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star wars shadows of the empire may be a tv series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by black_saber, Jun 5, 2015.

1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/star-wars-shadows-of-the-empire-could-take-120636536840.html

This just a rumor, and if its true I hope it would happen because many fans of the book, myself as well waited 20 years for this moment to happen.

Next year 2016 will be 20 years later. Can you believe it, it fells like yesterday?

My theory is if they do a shadows of the empire series, we may get animated thrawn movies but there's nothing of the news about that yet.

What are your thoughts. This just talks, not official news yet.

Darth_Pevra and whostheBossk like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not even a rumor. Read the article a little closer. ;)

spicer and thejeditraitor like this.
  3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  5. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I read that article and I can say you, 4chan rumours are mostly bs. I'm mostly on the 7SA forums and 4chan is infamous for its fake TFA rumours over there.
    Every time when someone says "This director is a Prequel hater, there is only the OT for him" or "This EU novel will have a movie adaptation" it is fake. Such posters usually say what a majority want to hear. And that is why it's fake.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I wonder who would be Rendar.

Vin Diesel?

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Or his brother Vin Gasoline. I would think if any of the SOTE rumors or whatever were possibly true, if they actually had canonized SOTE in the first place which still does not appear to be the case. More likelihood is certain characters could be re-adapted or even remade/rebooted.

8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I have always said that now that they are doing animated Star Wars shows, they should adapt some of everyone's favorite books. Of course that was before what Lit people called nucanon.

And before the Fire Nation attacked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

9. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Heh, on SB.com nucanon is commonly referred to somewhat derogatorily as "disneycanon". :)

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    No rumour. Just pure fantasy. Just like those, who still believe the ST will be carbon copy of the -thankfully- dead EU.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

WriterMan and Iron_lord like this.
  12. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I would love to see a post SOTE, or pre or any time frame between Empire and ROTJ including the SOTE characters. This was such a large scale multi media project that it will always be canon to me.

13. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    It'll probably be replaced as a animated mini-series on Disney XD when Rebels is taking a break in a season. Between Rebels Season 3- Winter 2016-Spring 2017.

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't know , Marvel seems to be covering the OT pretty extensively to the point where I am getting sick of it, combine that with Rebels. [face_plain] A series set after ROTJ or before the TPM would be more interesting and compelling imo. That said SOTE should've remained canon there was no good reason to de-canonize aside for it was connected to Dark Horse but it was a Lucas multimedia project that earned a cameo in the SE of ANH back in '97.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Marvel is covering the OT a lot, but there will be no SOTE or old EU. It's over Johnny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!