main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ::Star Wars:: SHATTERED EMPIRE ::Episode One::

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Burning_Endor, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning_Endor

Burning_Endor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2008
    STAR WARS
    SHATTERED EMPIRE

[i]It has been twenty-eight years since the Battle of Yavin and the Rebellion is a distant memory, the Consortium eradicated, the Hutts subdued, and all others resisting our control have been destroyed or subverted. However, something once more threatens the stability of this, the great Galactic Empire, and it comes from outside the galaxy.

They, whatever they are, have made themselves apparent. They are among us, living, breathing, waiting until their moment of opportunity presents itself to attack. They threaten the lives of every human and alien alike. They make no differentiations; we are all their prey. If we do not take action quickly, I fear we may live to see the final hours of Human rule in this galaxy.[/i] - Grand Moff Arsol, five years ago

[hr]
    STORY
    [hr]

In the five years since Grand Moff Arsol warned Emperor Skywalker, formerly Darth Vader, and his right-hand and son, Darth Aries, of a new threat to the Empire, many changes have taken place in the galaxy.

The extragalactic threat have revealed themselves as the Yuuzhan Vong, polytheistic aliens who embrace pain and death as if it were a passionate lover. They hate technology and rely on organisms created by their ?shapers.? In the first several months of their invasion, the Vong overran several Outer Rim worlds and used them to further their plans. However, their attack on the galaxy was quickly slowed as Imperial pilots and soldiers adapted to Vong technology?s strengths and weaknesses, as well as their strategy. The war quickly became a stalemate, neither side gaining the upper hand.

The relative peace lasted for several months until the Yuuzhan Vong managed to tap into Imperial Communications and convince a small portion of the public to believe in them, using subtle lies and half-truths to twist the facts. Those who were convinced became a self-titled Peace Brigade.

Foolishly utilizing galactic instability, several rebel and separatist cells have reawakened and launched attacks on Imperial planets, taking valuable resources from the fight against the Vong. They seem too organized to be simple terrorists, but no semblance of leadership has revealed itself to the public. Many believe they are all acting under command of a single entity while others dismiss the groups as what they appear to be.

And in all of this there are whispers in the Force hinting at something much more sinister than the threat posed by the Yuuzhan Vong alone...

[hr]
    THE FACTIONS
    [hr]

[color=blue][b]Galactic Empire[/b][/color]
    [image=http://mtfbwy.ca/images/logo_imperial.gif]

The Galactic Empire once controlled the entire known galaxy, but have steadily lost planets to both the Yuuzhan Vong and the ?reborn? Rebellion. Imperial forces are largely concentrated at important shipyards, such as Kuat and Fondor and key planets such as Coruscant. However, their military might isn?t sparse on other planets, which has kept the Yuuzhan Vong?s invasion at bay for the time being. Imperial command currently plans to retake Bestine, a once-major Imperial shipyard, from the Yuuzhan Vong.

[color=crimson][b]Rebellion[/b][/color]
    [image=http://sector.dsbleagues.com/images/logo_rebel.gif]

When the Yuuzhan Vong invasion began, many former rebel cells began to expectantly watch out and prepare for a lapse in Imperial security. They were not disappointed and began their crusade of liberation by freeing the fringe planet of Csilla from Imperial control. However, the act was practically ignored as the Empire?s military strength was, and still is, needed more critically to deal with the Yuuzhan Vong threat. The new Rebellion is planning to free another planet, Ilum, from Imperial grasp.

[color=green][b]Yuuzhan Vong[/b][/color]
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/4/4e/Yuuzhan_Vong_Logo.png/180px-Yuuzhan_Vong_Logo.png]

The Yuuzhan Vong worship many gods and painfully manipulate thei bodies in honor of them. They utilize complex, yet somehow simple, organic ?technology? to achieve their goals. They b

2. ForceForever

ForceForever Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    Expect a Cs from me!

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Ooooo

starts thinking up a new character

4. Burning_Endor

Burning_Endor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2008
    GM OOC: From 6:00 PM (North American) Eastern Standard Time, until the same time tomorrow, I will be unreachable and very, very busy. However, I encourage many, many more players to send in a CS to me anyway! When I return I hope that I will be able to have all positions filled and then some more for the waiting list.

I like what I am seeing so far people! If things go well, we may just be able to begin when I get back, but that may be a little too optimistic. But we shall see!

Happy RPing!
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.