main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Star Wars Ships vs. BSG Ships (pretty cool)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by GeekGoddess, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Who do you think would win?

2. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    If I figure right, the Galactica is an equivelent to a Mon Calamari Cruiser without shields.

Against a Star Destroyer, The Galactica would have no chance.

The Starvipers against Tie Fighters? That would be an interesting fight!

3. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Crap, I thought I put this link in the original post, but I guess not. It's what this topic was supposed to be in reference to, not just my question.

Star Wars vs. BSG Ships

4. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Boy, talk about epic battles. I would love to see that. You know that would make for an interesting crossover video game.

5. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    VERY COOL!!!

6. Cyke

Cyke Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    I'd say they got it right. The Vipers have the edge in manueverability vs. TIE's, but the Battlestars, without shields would not hold up long in a head to head fire fight against ISD's. They would be favored in hit and run strikes since they wouldn't have to get the right escape vector, deal with being to close to a gravity well (generated or due to planets), etc. Imagine a fleet of Battlestars jumping into low Coruscant orbit, unloading a bunch of nukes and jumping out again.

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    That was very cool. Command-wise I'd take Bill Adama over just about anybody in the Imperial Navy, but, yeah, a battlestar would get pulverized by a Star Destroyer. Maybe they'll make a sequel where a Star Destroyer and a Cylon Base Star fight.

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    You got that right!

I wouldn't rule out a Battlestar head-to-head with a Star-Destroyer so easily. Remember, Battlestars are designed to take a pounding and keep on smiling back at ya. If a Battlestar can withstand several nuclear missle hits from a Cylon Basestar or wave after wave of Cylon raiders, it can take a beating from Imperial turbolasers and return the favor, in-kind.

Now when it comes to Vipers vs TIEs (notice how the Vipers can rotate in all directions like the new BSG... but look like the vintage BSG Vipers). I think these new Vipers would give TIEs more then they can handle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.