main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Star Wars shopping spree

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by -SANBAS-, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -SANBAS-

-SANBAS- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Fustration has built up. Everyone seems to know one really cool place to buy Star Wars stuff in their neighbourhood that nobody else seems to be able to get. So I am suggesting we go on a Star Wars shopping spree. I've got a car that fits five. We could meet in one central location and just hit every cool spot for lonely Star Wars toys and give them a nice home. I was thinking late Saturday afternoon or early Sunday afternoon.

So far in the car is Nina, lisa and myself.

Places to go:
    Nina knows a Hallmark clearing house which has some of the birthday cards and lunchbox re-makes. They also have cool Harry Potter merchandise.

In my local Walmart they have just come out with the new lunch pails and packsacks. They also have Episode 2 bedsheets and pillows. As well as across the street has Count Dooku lightsabre candy.

Anyone else game, and know of a cool place to get stuff?

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    If your looking for a "real" shopping spree I'd suggest heading over the river to the U.S.
    If you decide on doing so, I'm sure some of the YJN members would love to go.

3. avatar

May 27, 1999
    OOoOOOOoOOO! Which weekend were you thinking of?

4. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    hmm... I tend to be across the board. Wherever whenever.

5. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Well I can't exactly go for I live in the USA and oh well. What else is there to say? Have fun with your shopping spree.

6. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Just a reminder that SFX is in just another little bit...less than 2 weeks to be exact and there is a huge-o dealer room for all your spending needs. while not everyone is necessarily keen on sfx, perhaps a big outing may be better received following the convention, when people are not saving bunches of money--just in case :D

7. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm almost certainly in for this, and I bring transport for up to 6 more... As for spots I'll think about that... I'm sure I've got at least one.

Also, as I'd suggested we could all do a big dinner thing the evening of whatever day we do this. Even if you don't want to join us for the shopping you could come for dinner. What think you?

8. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Food,
    Good.

9. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I hear of this little place in Burlington that has a crapload of SW stuff. Best part - all free. You just need to get the "store owner" a little tipsy.

:D

10. -SANBAS-

May 8, 2002
    In Burlington you say..hmmm...I do believe I know the place you speak of. What's worse is that he told us we are in his will for his collection. Now Crazy Mike watches his back more often now..

Seriously, Food sounds good. What place are you suggesting for the hunt David?

11. -SANBAS-

May 8, 2002
    Ok I was thinkin' this weekend,

David???? Hello? Daaaavvvviiiiiiiddd............

12. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Well I can't exactly go, but oh well. Have fun!

13. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    M'kay I will have to e-mail David but for the rest of those interested. It will be happening on Sunday. The time is 12 noon. We are meeting at the Hallmark store at Empress walk - 1 subway station north of Sheppard at the same mall where we got our Clone helmets while waiting in line for Episode II.

14. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    But I got my helmets in some Loblaws in Mississauga!

:p

15. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry I cant join you Sanbas, I just went on
    a $400 Star Wars shopping spree as I won 6 bids in a row :)

16. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

wish i could go but sadly i have to work on sunday :( have fun guys!

17. -SANBAS-

May 8, 2002
    Avatar from the 501st has e-mailed me multiple times and it looks like the bucket heads are interested. You all know the place and the time see you then.

18. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey, I'm afraid that I won't be able to join you, since I'm off in Buffalo visiting family until Sunday night or Monday morn. If I do get back on Sunday evening, is there a cell number I can try to see if you guys are still doing stuff? PM or e-mail me if so.

Hope you guys have fun.

19. avatar

May 27, 1999
    WELL?? How much loot did you get?? Tell, tell!! :)

Sorry we didn't make it btw. We didn't get home till pretty late the night before -- the bucketheads took a long time to put their helmets together. :p

Hope you folks had fun!

20. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    We did. Blew waay too much money. We actually shopped all the way to 6PM and stuck our noses against the glass at a Toy R Us because we ran out of time.

Did you know there's a Star Wars Episode II skateboard????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.