main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars, short story ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Do you have an idea for short story, that doesn't particularly involve any of the main characters from the saga ? A rogue Jedi Knight, a dashing female pilot or even an apprentice Sith.

I know there are Fan Fiction boards here but I was thinking that someone in our Chapter must have a story they want told. The reason I ask you say, well all will be revealed soon enough but please feel free to add your thoughts or even a brief outline of what I'm going to call 'Tales from the Midlands'.

Since I was about 8 years old I've tried to write a decent Star Wars tale but most of them seemed dull or just full of cleche with the imortal line 'I've got a bad feeling about this'. I know most of you have other various interests and writing isn't perhaps top of your list of things to do but I am asking for a very good reason, trust me.

2. elelith

elelith Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    I am a writer by nature. Writing is my life, but I never attempted fan fiction before. Tell us more about your story.

3. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    My story at this point is irrelivant Elelith, we (The Chapter) are going to be working towards having atleast 2 seperate short stories for a higher and greater purpose. I have some idea's on what needs to be included but I thought I'd throw it open to you guys for a fresh and not quite so aged approach.

The aim of this thread is get enough idea's together to produce what I can only describe as an online comic strip, based in the Star Wars universe, I'll give you more details as and when they're available but this thread is to test the water, a way of seeing if there's enough enthusiasm within the group to get it off the ground and make it work.

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i was at a car boot today and saw a book called The Black Sun and thought it would be really cool to look into the Black Sun side of the stories or even a chef on a battlefield. i havnt thought of a story yet but this might be a good starting point.

I used to right star wars stories but not the type you looking for so give me time and some info and a can come up with something.

5. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    I have one I did mate for my english coursework in year 12....its aimed at 8 to 12 year olds and is from the clone wars cartoon series....would you guys like me to post it up somewhere?

6. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    well here it is....hope you enjoy it and remember its aimed a 9 to 12 year olds.....

PROLOGUE

Star Wars: Clone Wars
    FALL FROM GRACE
    It has been six months since Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker were rescued from Geonosis where the CloneWar between the Republic and the Separatists began. Now the Clone Wars have spread throughout the galaxy where either side have won and lost battles. The Republic has still had no luck in contacting or finding the leader of the Separatists, Count Dooku. Unknown to them, he is working for the mysterious Lord of the Sith, Darth Sidious and has started to train a young girl called Assajj Ventress in the ways of the Dark side. Inside a domed roof hangar on a planet engulfed by the Dark side of the force, Count Dooku devises a plan for Assajj Ventress, which, if she succeeds, will wipe out one of the most gifted Jedi in the Jedi Order, who's hatred and anger is caged up inside, waiting for the right moment to unleash itself. His name...is...
    Anakin Skywalker...
    CHAPTER 1:
    ?Everything is going according to my Master?s plan,? a dark voice echoed through the hanger, "but they're is still one problem you
    have not destroyed."
    A hooded figure emerged from the shadows, "I tried my master, but he was too strong in the force." "Indeed, they do say he is the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy," Count Dooku said. "He will be no match for me at hand to hand combat, I promise you, my Master," said an eerie voice from underneath the figures hood.
    "That remains to be seen, but I believe that this new plan will finally bring him to our feet, then you will destroy him," Count Dooku explained.
    "Yes my Master. This time, Anakin Skywalker will die!"

CHAPTER 2:
    Above the tall towers and buildings that make up Muunilist's surface, one of the several battles that were spread across the galaxy were being thought. A Jedi starfighter led the Republic's forces into the heart of the Separatists anti-air craft guns and droid starfighter's. Fighters chased each other through the city like marbles in a maze, whizzing in and out of the buildings, firing at each other, trying to shoot each other down to the ground. Their leader was General Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Suddenly, another Jedi starfighter appeared out of the atmosphere and fell in line next to Obi-Wan's starfighter. Obi-Wan looked into the cockpit of the other starfighter and saw his padawan, Anakin Skywalker waving and smiling at him. ?Anakin, I told you to lead the assualt above Muunilist,? said Obi-Wan furiously.
    "I am fighting above Muunilist Master, if you get my meaning," replied Anakin cheekily.
    "Now is not the time for jokes Anakin, our forces above the planet now have no leader to give them instructions!" Obi-Wan was fuming as he explained to Anakin. 'Why doesn't he ever listen to me?' he thought to himself.
    "That's because they don't nee
    d a leader Master," Anakin answered.
    "And why is that my young Padawan?"
    "Because we destroyed them all Master," Anakin replied slyly.
    Obi-Wan was astounded. It had only been five minutes since they launched the assault and he had destroyed an entire fleet of the Separatist's forces already! He knew his Padawan was a gifted pilot, but no Jedi in the history of the Order had destroyed an entire fleet in under five minutes flat without a trace of damage on their own ship. Was it possible? It had to be.
    "I figured you could use my hel

7. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    That's just what I was hoping for, thanks Tom. Although the story had major characters, we might just be able to get around it, good story too even if it aimed at a younger age group.

8. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    cheers bud I wrote it a while ago now but hey could change the characters around like you said.....what exaclty is your big plan then martin?![face_thinking]

9. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Hes going to steal them and get them published in his name.

I could work on one, how short is short?

10. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    Good story. i dont have time to read it all now ill read it later.
    just one question[face_waiting]hat guidelines are there?

i've thought up a basic story in my head that needs padding out abit.

2 guys just excaped something on corellia. then go to coruscant to meet Elan slesebaggo in a cantina. as they arrive he walks out.
    "where are you going! you said you have a job for us"
    "i must go home and rethink my life"
    "yeah, yeah you can do that when you've given us this job"

then they go to a planet in the kamino system and meet a bounty hunter that requries a creature (which is illegal of course)

They fly to another planet and capture a reek or an acklay.

somewhere in there there is backstabbing, doublecross, sinister plot, and the biginning of the clone wars.

what do you think?

11. elelith

elelith Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    These ideas are all really cool. But I would like to ask. Are we using well known characters/not so well known/making up our own? And is it before the clone wars/during the clone wars/after the clone wars? Or does it not really matter.

12. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    yeah. Tay i think everyone needs to know more about this so we know what we can and can't write.

when i get my laptop sorted i will begin the story.

Does anybody need any ideas? i have plenty.

13. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok, I'll tell you what I can.

During a discussion with someone of great importance this idea was kicked around as a back up to another plan, details of which are still being ironed out and for that reason I won't go in to it. The basic idea is to use still images of various people to tell the story in an online comic strip, these images would use backdrops from the Star Wars saga to gel the whole thing together, for example the shot would contain a person standing in the hanger bay of Imp Star Deuce, looking like the deck officer, if the story required it.

I know I'm not being too forthcoming with detail but this is still a 'work in progress' and things will change as time goes on but Dave's breif outline is a good start although to make the process quicker it would be better to have it in 'Story Board' form, so please don't forget, planet names, locations and other bits to describe the scene.

14. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    thats the kind of info we want tay! = story board form.
    is there anything else? and are these going to be cartoon people or real people? and whats the main bit if this is only a back-up?

15. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Dave, do you not actually read what's written, or do you just not understand it.

Tay makes it clear that he can't go into anymore details on any of this. The MAIN IDEA is still being looked at, and since I'm the only one apart from Tay that knows anything about it, he can't really tell you anything, AS HE SAID IN THE POST.

With regards to the comic strip type thing, the idea is to put the visitors in the pictures, by photographing them in different poses against a greenscreen.

Combine these with a bunch of preprepared images taken from the movies, still sources on the web etc, will give us a short comic for them to look at online at a later date as a memory of the day.

16. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    oh right!

now that sort of info makes all the difference! you dont want a short story you want a comic strip that can be adapted slightly. and it really needs to be about a human.

that changes everything, well nearly everything, im sure i can adapt my idea to that. thanks.

17. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm glad you've got the idea now Dave, I couldn't and still can't give you any more info as I don't have it to give at the moment.

18. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I'd like to help out with this as much as I can...so anythin u think I could help with just ask..

19. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    this is getting really good! it is set just before and as the battle of Geonosis occurs.

Do you want us to look for pictures for the backdrop? and do you want a full sentence thing at the bottom or speach bubbles or just a general jist at the bottom?

20. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    I think we're going to go for lines of dialogue above or below the the image, with the descriptive bits as txt between the images.

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    right. so you want us to send you the story in a format which is easy to copy and pate into that sort of thing.

I have a basic story i will pad it out a bit and simplify it.

How long does it have to be? comic book size or bigger?

22. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Whatever you want m8, Size matters not !

23. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    hurray! Yoda! Yoda! Yoda!

is this going to be a powerpoint sort of thing? or just a normal page?

24. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    You must do what you feel is right, of course young one !

Tom, you asked if you could help with this one, well my friend can you do a story board type document for your story and email it to me please ?

Dave could you do likewise please, we have some time to work on these so no rush guys.

If any of the other members would like to add something to this project feel free, it's going to be a team thing at the NSC and it would be great if we all had some input.

25. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    right. will do. are we doing NSC for both days? because its on sat and sun now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.