main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Star Wars Show in Memphis? Yeah... right... and I'm hotter than Hayden Christensen.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    TFN has gotten wind that there's supposedly going to be this huge Star Wars event this November right here in Memphis.

Well, after doing some checking, let's not hold our breath that this will even pan out. I've learned not to trust promoters after dealing with a certain one, whom I will not name here. Well, it seems that the promoter involved in this project is merely seeking money to make this event happen. MTC Promotions- out of Illinois- doesn't even legally exist according to the Illinois Secretary of State, the phone number listed in the article from Festivals.com is a cell phone number, and the email is a Yahoo address. (The "company" doesn't even have a website.)

Also, this promoter has posted other listings just like this one on similar sites, none of which seemed to have ever materialized. That, and he's posting right and left on sites discussing investments trying to get folks to invest in his planned events.

It's amazing what you can find with 10 spare minutes and Google.

So, dude has big dreams and no money to put on a show. Welcome to TimmyCon! [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:D

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Wow. We should start calling you Qui-Gon Google...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.