main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Soundtrack ScreenSaver Doesn't Work :(

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by ChrisSkywalker, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisSkywalker

ChrisSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    i just bought the star wars soundtrack at walmart and i can't even get it to work. okay first i put the disk in, screen comes up and says click to download pc version of screensaver. i do that, and it downloads the screensaver. but then, after it hits 100% nothing happens. no prompt or anything. so i check my screensaver box and it's not listed. so i do a search through my hard drive to find the folder it's kept in; nothing found. so i decide to reboot and see what happens. it's still not there. what's up with this thing? and on the instructions that were on the little white sheet on the cd, it says "Please refer to the README.TXT file on this disk for more specific instructions and troubleshooting guide." And guess what, it's no where to be found on the disk or on my hard drive. could someone please help me out? i'm using windows xp, dell laptop, 128 megs of ram, 20 gig hard drive with pentium 3. i also tried to do it on my desktop computer which uses windows 98 and it still didn't work. :(
    HELP!!!!

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    There's a screensaver on the soundtrack?! Where? I have the CD playing in my computer right now and nothing popped up about a screensaver. ?[face_plain]

3. Le_Seide

Le_Seide Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    I believe the screensaver only comes with the wal mart version.

4. rogue_five

rogue_five Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    i cant get mine to work either

5. filmfreak16mm

filmfreak16mm Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2001
    mine does not work either. It just says that there was an error, please check your net connection and try again. I thing we should complain to these people.

6. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    you have to be online i think. cause it was saying that to me & then i got online. so then it would download but then i couldnt find it anywhere.

7. filmfreak16mm

Jun 5, 2001
    i just tried it again and i does not work. i really thing we should complain or tell wal mart that it does not work.

8. filmfreak16mm

Jun 5, 2001
    does anyone have a mac. computer that is working now, if so try it on the mac. side

9. rogue_five

rogue_five Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    walmart may have just put that sticker on there becasue the cd is cheaper at best buy & walmart wants you to buy they're $16 cd over bestbuy's $12 one [face_laugh]

10. filmfreak16mm

Jun 5, 2001
    that cant be, because that would be false advertisement. and they can get in big trouble.

11. filmfreak16mm

Jun 5, 2001
    I tried to do it again and saw at the bottom rigth corner a sony link. so i clicked it and it took me to the star wars soundtrack site and then i clicked on the multimedia. and on the side it said the screensaver and video coming soon.

12. filmfreak16mm

Jun 5, 2001
    is anyone out there!!! speak to me.

13. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    i think rogue_five was joking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.