main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Special Edition On Ch5!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    See if anyone can spot any scenes/seconds they (TCS 5) cut as they are know to. [face_plain]

2. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    I feel like May 16th.... :)

3. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Actually, TCS had the freakin nasty, bad timing habit of going to commericals 'tween the action shots...typical.

4. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Woah, I am on a STAR WARS HIGH now!!!
    Whoo-hoo!! :D <-- that's me grinning like crazy, haha!

5. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    hi there! have not posted for a long time but thought i need to clarify some issues brought up earlier in this thread by u guys...

1)there are malay pilots in the rsaf. even one who is a fighter pilot.

2) there are several high ranking chinese officers in the m'sian armed forces...

3)there is no such policy against other races such that onli chinkies become generals... jus so happened that these posts usually go to "scholars" and i dun know of any malays who have joined the armed forces under this "label"...

4) i am not propagating for the gov... jus wish to "educate" some ignorant ppl :p its sad to see singaporeans havin this mentality of racial discrimination when racial cohesiveness/integration is one our the foundations our country's success...

MTFBWY

ps: first hand news... we even have 1 female fighter pilot akan datang :)so much for sexual discrimination?

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Welcome back DarthSyn! :) So your trip had been most productive? ;)

7. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey DarthSyn, glad to see that you're back too! :)

8. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    what a waste...channel 5 should have shown ANH,ESB and RoTJ together...3 weeks in a row...now we got armageddon...sad... :(
    did anyone notice that the death star battle @ yavin seemed shorter then usual?

9. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Sounds The Trumpets!

On 15 Dec 02 (Sunday), Channel 5 will premiere the 2nd Special Edition of the Star Wars trilogy - The Empire Strikes Back Special Edition on Ch5!

More cute icons and ads to discover!!!

Ch5 - Home Of Star Wars!

10. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Was the Battle of Yavin shorter? I didn't notice [face_blush] Then again I was watching parts of ANH at my grandparents' house and Luke taking the shot onwards in my home :p

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Aiyah! TCS5 what; they will surely cut something from the movies they show.

For ESB, they surely cut the part when Luke is first seen swinging at Dagobah and when he first entered the cave like they did back in 1996. And maybe we'll not see the Ice-Cream man on Bespin Cloud City.

I think one of the only movies they never cut anything was Schindler's List but it was shown at 12.45am.

12. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Why do I doubt that they actually left Schindler's List fully intact??
    Schindler's List has full frontal nudity in it, and even though none of it is in any way sexual at all, I would still expect that they would have cut that out entirely, despite showing it at that late hour!
    After all, it was rated R(A) when it first showed in cinemas here, and the reason I remember it was that I was in JC at the time and couldn't watch it 'cos I was "too young" - drats!
    Eventually I managed to watch it on video though...

Another R(A) movie that I REALLY REALLY wanted to see when it was first released in cinemas here was Bram Stoker's Dracula, but again, I was considered "too young" to see it back then.
    But thanks to one of my JC friends, I managed to watch it not long after it was released in the cinema, 'cos he had somehow managed to get it on video, so a bunch of us went to his place to watch it together.

Both of them were good movies, but just because of certain scenes, they were rated R(A), much to my frustration back then.....

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Schindler's List shown by TCS5 did show all the nudity of the stripped Jewish if I'm not mistaken. I remember seeing this old guy naked kena made to show how "active" he's still to the German Officer, the ladies get stripped in one of the Acid/German Gas and the German soldiers killing the Jewish who tried to escape the moving of them to Concentrated Camps, worse than like killing chicken. But it was the first and last time they show it anyway in 1998(?).

Another R(A) movie that I REALLY REALLY wanted to see when it was first released in cinemas here was Bram Stoker's Dracula, but again, I was considered "too young" to see it back then.

Me too!! :D And I was way too young then when it was released in 1993.

Anyhow, I get to see a cut down version of it countless times on AXN. They cut away all the stuffs about that guy who was the Count's assistant when he arrived in England (the one who goes "Masssterrr . . . Masssteerrr . . . ), the part where his first victim was almost naked in the garden, the first part when her friend Mia visit her after receiving the letter from her fiance (who told her to meet him and get married) and when her head goes flying after being chopped off. And the funny thing is, Channel i showed all these but cut some parts which are not violent or sexuality related. ?[face_plain] (Ps: Anyone got the full version of it somewhere? :D )

14. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Mediacorp will also premiere Return Of The Jedi Special Edition in Jan 03. Stay tuned!

15. sullustansultan

sullustansultan Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2003
    I have a bad feeling about this...

16. Peacekeeper

Jan 29, 2001
    hahaha... why do i think that they wont show it???
    Chinese New Year???

17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    It was postponed due to unforseen circumstances...

18. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    But it looks like it won't be shown in January.. :(

19. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    y wont we assemble a small jedi strike team and hijack TCS5, and make them show all the sw movies back to back, sw movie marathon!

20. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Yup, riot MediaCorps studio and make them show all movies back to back !

21. Peacekeeper

Jan 29, 2001
    ya...we should do that but not @ the moment...
    we should do it once ep3 is out...then we can watch ALL 6 MOVIES @ one go...
    anyway medicorp's movies list this year doesnt look to impressive...

22. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    so its time to get our jedi garb and 'real' sabers(whole with those virtually indestrutable EL lamp tubes...) and raid. we shall establish the Jedi Council to fight against out tyranical government, lol.
    (i pray our EL sabers can deflect bullets, lol)

23. Peacekeeper

Jan 29, 2001
    hahaha...i think sabers can defect bullets... they only cause the bullet to melt when they hit the sabers blade...
    to war we go.....

24. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    EL can deflect bullets. As a proud owner of a EL kit *LoL* It is made from bulletproof lexan polycarbonate tubing which is used on airplane windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.