main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Star Wars Spin Off

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Feb 12, 2013.

?

Which Star Wars Character(s) Would You Want A Spin Off Movie To Feature As Lead?

1. Qui Gon Jin

50.0%
  2. Obi Wan Kenobe

33.3%
  3. Yoda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mace Windu

16.7%
  5. Darth Maul

16.7%
  6. Boba Fett

33.3%
  7. Jabba the Hutt (The Hutts)

16.7%
  8. Aayla Secura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Count Dooku

16.7%
  10. Bail Organa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    So this is my first poll in years. Savor it, in all it's delicious glory. Or not.

So you may have noticed I've omitted Darth Vader. Reason is, in my oppinion his story is done. Over. I have no interest in any more of his story.

I have picked Qui Gon and Darth Maul, because both of them were horribly misused characters, and deserve much more screen time. In my opinion. :)

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I'd like to vote for Obi Wan Kenobe, but I have no idea who he is.

And please please let's leave the damned Fetts alone.

I'd like to see Dooku :)

Yoshee likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've gone for Fett and the Hutts. I've always liked the 'underworld' side of the saga.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Can we combine some of them into one movie adventure?
    We could have Yoda Fett, Bounty Jedi Hunter.

Dooku might be interesting, his fall and involvement in the Syfa Dias situation (which was never really explained in the movies) and the fact he was trained by Yoda and trained Qui Gon would make for a good story I think.

Yoshee likes this.
  5. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    So many possibilities for these spin offs.

A story of the Sith and how they came to be is very appealing. For the benefit of people who don't read expanded universe stuff.

I think any story about Fett would also have to feature the Hutts quite heavily. But, given his lame arsed death in Jedi, don't see the point in making the character any bigger. Unless of course they plan to resurrect him in Episode VII...

I'd like to see Dooku's rise and fall. But that would involve Palpatine again at some point, and well...bleh...

#EDIT: Richie, I like the sound of that story. Alot!

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I would think if they did something with Dooku down the road they would have to use a different actor. Christopher Lee is 90 now and I'm not sure how good his health is. Remember, they shot his scenes for RoTS when they shot AOTC just in case of health issues.

7. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Whilst I'd love to see a Dooku movie, the story would be too similar to the fall of Vader.

8. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm thinking along the same line as Richie. Yoda, Dooku and Qui-Gon could be very interesting.

Jedi Knight Fett and Yoshee like this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If it deals with younger Dooku you wouldn't need Sir Lee, use another actor like they did for Obi Wan.

Dooku & Padawan Qui Gon would make a cool team.

I still hope to see an Old Republic era movie, I enjoyed the KOTOR games very much and the characters of that time (4000+ year before the movies) allow for many possibilities. Not least more Sith vs Jedi because it was long before the Rule of Two was established.

10. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    I keep hearing horrible rumblings of a Yoda movie. I really hope that's all they are. Rumblings....

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If there is one I think it would probably be animated.

12. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    I'd be interested to see an origin story of Yoda actually. And more of his species perhaps. But told in a bigger context, not just a movie solely about him. If that makes sense?

13. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I like the mystery behind Yoda. I don't want that expanded upon