main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- EXCLUSIVE

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Krueger, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I want an unknown actor for Han. Ewan McGregor was pretty much an unknown at the time of TPM and look how he turned out.

The Star Wars name alone will sell the movie. It doesn't need a big name star.

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Unknown before TPM?

Are you serious?

3. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    ^ Internationally yes.

4. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    GangcIt would be Awsome if the Crawl went something like this................

The Galaxy is in turmoil, Jabba the Hutt has been
    Destoryed at the hands of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
    And his friends.
    Now a great power struggle has erupted in the Underworld
    As Gangs, Rouges, Criminals of all types rush to Tatoonine to
    Salvage the rich remains the Hutt left behind
    As the entire sector enrupts in a bloody gangwar for control
    Of the vast territory, and surrounding system, deep out
    Into the Dune sea, a old Bounty Hunter is on another mission,
    One that could change the fate of the entire .....

(Break to Dengars ship arriving out in tatoonies Dune sea and reaching the
    Wreckage around the Sarlacc & disembarking form in ship amid vicious desert winds
    He employs serveral small scanners and devices, a few Jawas surry about salvaging the wreckage
    Of Jabbas sail barge around them, then out of nowhere, a explosion is heard near the pit of the Sarlacc creature...

5. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Trainspotting? Not international????

6. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Awesome!

7. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I concur and like your opening.
    . I wrote this opening a while ago, paralleled to the norm Star Wars opening.

Dengar definitely.

8. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I would much prefer Fett stays deader than a doornail within the Sarlaac's gut post-ROTJ.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  9. LaForzaViva

LaForzaViva Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2008
    Not Cooper. Hedlund is a fine choice, he was decent enough in Tron: Legacy (plus all the green-screen acting will help). NOT CHRIS PINE for goodness sake you can't have Kirk be Solo...

My only other choice is Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Showed anti-hero chops in Looper; he'd make a perfect rebel (also think 'Brick')

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Totally. have it start like this

edit: ok for some reason my video isn't showing up but its supposed to be the robot chicken scene of Boba's return

11. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I would rather see him help Vader hunt down Jedi in a Jedi Purge movie, or right after TESB with him trying to deliver Han to Jabba with Bossk and IG-88 as the antagonist.

12. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    I really hope that the folks doing film goes post Jedi, this is the one way to truely redeem one of the greatest of all cinema
    characters who captured the imgination of the entire fan base with just a handfull of lines & about 3 minutes of total screen time over 2 films........Boba Fett.

1.) Could show Bobas escape form the Sarlacc
    2.) Could explore the gang war resulting from Jabbas destuction, possibly bring in black sun.
    3.) Redeem Bobas fighting skills as he gets involued in the Gang War fighting alongside Dengar & others.
    4.) Lead into Fett being the Hero of the film basically stopping a gangster worst than Jabba from taking over.
    5.) Could bring in new locations such as Hutt space, Nar Shardaa and touch on Fett trying to survive in a Galaxy where the Empire has Fallen.......

13. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    If there is a Han Solo movie, I think it would be cool if they had him make some kind of comment about shooting first. :cool:

That would be great.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this (maybe I'll be more inclined to go along with it after Episode VII's release), but if it absolutely needs to be done, then I'd rather they stay away from well-known actors who have already made a name for themselves. I want to see some new talent for this sort of thing. You know...surprise us.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and LawJedi like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So stoked! The Hyperspace Exclusive pic looks brilliant!
    [​IMG]

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt ? Not rogueish or able to deliver comedic lines/quips like Han would IMO.

17. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Perhaps. The Solo film is risky, but the payoff could be huge.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Isn't there a thread where people can complain about the prequels.

19. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    While a film set in the purge or before or after Empire could be good, it does ,not have as much, unexplored territory as post
    Jedi. We could see Boba Fett acting as the main lead, driving his own recovery and this could possibly if its good make more sequels that could lead into Fett becoming the next Manalore and tieing into the ST.....

Furthermore......I DON'T WANT ANT PREQUELS after the last three unless its KOTOR !!

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Absolutely agree with the above two statements. And if you want to get right down to it, this is the very thing I'm having trouble coming to terms with. I understand that if they are going to do an origins story, a recast is inevitable, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Maybe I'll warm up to it once things get rolling (and if this bit of news even turns out to be true), but until then, it's going to be tough. Besides that, I'm still torn on the whole "spin-off" thing to begin with, so we'll see.

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    You're basically describing the Bounty Hunter War Trilogy.

22. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Actors now are so young for so long, if that makes any sense, that it's hard to find someone mature enough to pull it off. Look at movies like Top Gun and Beverly Hills Cop and Pretty Woman. The leads in those were 22, 23. A 22, 23 year old now looks and especially sounds like a kid, like Juno Temple, Shia LeBouf a few years ago, Anton Yelchin.

23. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    Han Solo is really what made the OT so great. His absence form the PT was clearly felt. I really hope they get hiss movie right.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Han Solo has already been portrayed by someone other than Harrison Ford, by Perry King, in the Star Wars Radio Dramas. I encourage you to check them out. He's actually a pretty fun Han.

TheBBP and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  25. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like the idea of a stand-alone young Han Solo movie. He's really the perfect character for it because he's outside the Skywalker Saga but didn't fit in the Prequels. I didn't get people who wanted to see Han shoved into the Prequels. This way we can see the meeting of Han, Chewbacca, Lando, the Millennium Falcon, maybe even Jabba the Hutt...wow, I never even thought of it before. I'm sure the canon-preachers will complain but this is a lot better than shoehorning these characters into the Saga (and The Clone Wars).
    I'm sure in 1968 people thought only Sean Connery could play James Bond. Everyone is always skeptical and wary but sometimes actors are chosen as classic established characters and pull it off. I thought it was odd to see Sean Patrick Flannery in 1992 and even that a prequel was being made for Star Trek in 2009.
    I like Daniel Logan, but don't expect him to be cast in a Boba Fett movie though. He did well conveying the kid, and doing so on the cartoon but a role would hopefully require some complexity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.