main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- EXCLUSIVE

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Krueger, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Both sound great if they are true :). I would hope that Joe Jonston would get the Boba Fett gig! As for Solo, since this is a Solo would likely be quite a bit younger than when Ford first portrayed him in ANH, I can get behind that :) There isn't a set precedent for what he would look like that young, so they just need to get an actor that resembles Ford enough, and then use some CGI touch up and make-up to make it work. This technique worked very well for making Joseph Gordon Levitt look like Bruce Willis in Looper, and the technology may be even better when they make the movie.

Echo-07 and Revenge of the Dak like this.
  2. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    All of these sound like great ideas IMO.

Love the idea of a film about the early smuggling days of Han and Chewie.

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  3. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    They can always do this to someone

[​IMG]

vinsanity likes this.
  4. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Disney is really pulling out all the stops there.

STAR WARS IS FOREVER!

5. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Why so much hype over Boba Fett? Let's face it; he's an amoral bounty hunter with armor and a weird helmet. His story is OVER. He's the clone of another bounty hunter who grew up to be a bounty hnter himself and died after getting et by the Sarlacc. End of story. No more resurrections, please!

Young Han Solo, though...his story really hasn't been told in the movies. Where did he come from? Why is he the way he is? It would rock to see him and Chewie meeting up.

6. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Does it always have to be about characters from the films we don't already know about?... Can't we have something NEW for a change? [face_sigh]

Think we already know the answer to this one...

7. metr0man

metr0man Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    Joss Whedon already did a Han Solo movie... Serenity! :cool:

Seriously though, a Han Solo movie pretty much lives or dies based on who they cast. If it's a bland actor, it's going to die. If it's someone instantly charismatic it will be great.

Pro Scoundrel , Echo-07 and dolphin like this.
  8. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    If these films are set between EP 3 and EP 4 (or even after really) all the crime family and underworld stuff can be interwoven with the Live Action TV show and the 1313 game or franchise if it becomes that.

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  9. YodaDooDahDay

YodaDooDahDay Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 20, 2010
    All I know is this: If it were George Lucas proposing these ideas, there would be a chorus of "MY CHILDHOOD IS BEING RAPED AGAIN!!!!" from the Internets.

But these aren't George's ideas, of course, so... surprise! They're the Bestest Idea's EVER! [face_hypnotized]

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Totally right, man. He even shot first

11. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
  12. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Wow - but, actually, this is no more of a surprise than River Phoenix and SPF playing a young Indiana Jones in the 1989 LC film & the early '90's "Young Indiana Jones" chronicles (respectively) - IMHO, the YIJC was an underrated & excellent TV show.

So, though I don't think anyone other than HF should play an old Han Solo, if they get a good young actor who looks enough like HF, IMHO this has the potential of being a decent film. Re: this Han Solo film, I wonder how much will be taken from those late '90's A.C. Crispin novels which told the origin of the character? I wouldn't mind seeing the original meeting between Han & Chewie, when Han rescued Chewie from slavers/Imperials. Also wouldn't mind seeing some scenes from the superb Brian Daley HS novels from back in the day, i.e. HS at Star's End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo & the Lost Legacy.

Re: the Boba Fett film, this character is such a fan favorite I could see this coming. Still not sure they can pull it off, but, as I said in another post, if they look at the early '80's Marvel comics where Leia met the Mandalorian warrior Fenn Shysha (an armored Boba Fett look alike) and took some elements from these comics, that may be interesting...

Pro Scoundrel , Echo-07 and Iron_lord like this.
  13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yeah...not getting the Fettlove. His defeat was played for laughs and he went out screaming like a puppy's momma ;)

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Talking back to Vader probably played a big part.

"He's no good to me dead."
    "What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

Also the look of the outfit.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. Wonderllama

Wonderllama Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2013
    Movies? Personally I'd rather see a multiple part television miniseries. The only Star Wars movies should be the official Episodes.

16. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    I'm with you. I have zero interest in seeing a young han solo played by another actor. If they want to tell a story about smuggling in the star wars universe, i'd rather they center it on a brand new character. anything else would be distracting. Perhaps there could be a han solo cameo, using cut footage from the OT with digital wizadry to insert a young harrison ford into a scene, but thats it.

That said, this story reaks of false information and is about as stupid as alot of the ideas posted in the bad spin-off idea thread.

17. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    A Fett film would be much like a Man with No Name film.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Boba Fett
    [​IMG]

Give it to Daniel Logan!

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Why do they need to shoehorn Vader into the film. You think they could give him his own which would be good enough

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    "Git emm Dad foire!"

DarthBreezy likes this.
  21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    A Joss Whedon/Kasdan Solo film is my thinking.

The Boba Fett film with Johnston/Kinberg.

22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost) would be the perfect choice for a Han Solo movie. These spin-offs sound much better than that awful Yoda rumor.

23. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    While I agree that no one is probably completely in the know at this point, I just hope that our first spin-off isn't Boba Fett. It's going to happen, and it'll probably be the first Star Wars movie I'm not excited about, but I just hope I get something else to soften the blow beforehand.

My wife said the same thing last night!

Graphic likes this.
  24. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Whats up with Darth Shirtless... Brainless what ever?

Bradley Cooper. no wait... bad idea... [face_whistling]

25. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    You shut your mouth! Fett's role doesn't even APPROACH the significance of Yoda's! You take that back right now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.