main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- EXCLUSIVE

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Krueger, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    A cross between that and Iron Man.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    No. I must be like 'Drive'.

3. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    Why use an actor whose older than Harrison Ford was when he filmed Star wars to play a YOUNGER version of Han Solo?

A Han Solo spin-off is to stupid of an idea to actually happen. Right now, i garauntee you every single character in the star wars universe is being considered for these spin-offs. We'll hear reports about alot of possible options, but until someone writes a good script that would make a compelling story, and a director pitches his idea to make it actually work (and not suck), I take all these reports with a grain of salt. Its highly probable that the first star wars spin-off movie will focus on a character that hasnt even been mentioned yet.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well to be fair, Kasdan and Kinberg are writing something and it is possible that it is these Han Solo and Boba Fett films being reported.

5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Not likely. Han Solo and Fett are extremely popular characters so a spinoff film for them was always likely. Who the hell else are they gonna make a spinoff film about? Salacious Crumb?

6. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Sounds great... If they get clever they will be able to tie elements into the Solo that relate directly to Episode 7.

I've been saying that Disney will recast the big three with new actors in the spin offs for weeks now.

It's obvious and it's actually great forward thinking for the franchise. It means we will get many more years with these characters without recasting spoiling the continuity of the 'saga' films.

You guys that are worried... Just you wait, this is going to be AMAZING.

Bravo Lucasfilm/Disney, bravo...

7. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    As long as baby Han doesn't say "now that's podracing" I'm psyched.

[​IMG]

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    TBH all 3 ideas of Yoda/Young Han and Boba all leave me a bit cold and unenthused

9. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Another guy they can cast as Solo is Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy.

10. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    How about a Lando movie? :) Or better yet, a Han/Lando/Chewie movie.

11. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Would love to see some upgraded Mandalorian armor similar to Iron Man, malfunctioning jet packs were the death of both Boba & Jango.

Lord Optimus likes this.
  12. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I really want to know which one Lawrence Kasdan is doing. I'd prefer that he write/direct the Yoda picture.

Jedi Knight Fett and Cad Carnage like this.
  13. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    I think he'll do the Solo film. He's excellent at writing that kind of character. I don't think they'll make a Yoda film, it was probably a false rumor from the false rumor monger Harry Knowles.

14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    This rumor is having far more articles and is far more credible than the Yoda film rumor from the other day. We'll have to see if LFL confirms/denies it anytime soon.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Good god, the Zack Snyder ''debunked rumor'' film is actually starting to sound appealing now. :rolleyes:

16. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Every day now is a Star Wars day. What a great time to be a fan! I wonder how much of these plans will change as time goes on.

I like this a hell of a lot better than yesterdays news

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    An animated Han Solo movie is something I would probably love! However, someone stepping into Harrison's shoes... no. Unless it's Han as a teenager or something, where he is so young it's OK to recast. but then again, I don't think that would make a good movie.
    A Boba Fett movie? Yes, absolutely if they make it like some of those old comics - dirty and gritty. I don't want to see the 'soft' side of Boba, like involving a love story or something. Make him like Clint Eastwood's "Man with No Name" (also known as Joe, Monco and Blondie) - a badass with some humanity, though no sentimentality.
    Also, the story would have to be very interesting for it to work. Maybe a heist-movie? Could feature Dengar, Bossk and other bounty hunters.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    "Meh" concerning the potential Fett film (he's FAR overrated), but the Han Solo film could work if they cast the right actor for the role. He would need to look close to HF and still carry the same charisma and charm that he had in the original films. A difficult order for sure, but definitely possible. We shall see what happens going forward.

I still don't like the idea of recasting the original characters, but if it's to tell the story of a younger version of Han, then they don't have much of a choice. Unless they decide to go animated, which could be interesting.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  19. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    [face_shhh] Careful, you may end up giving Lucasfilm ''bad'' ideas.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Agreed all around.

This I can get excited about. This is something that I have some semblance of an idea of how you can do a good movie. Hell, I can think of a 100 ways you can do a good movie with Han Solo.

And we gotta have a young Lando too. The Falcon, Lando, Chewy... This could be awesome. :cool:

Yay, Disney. And thank you, George Lucas, for creating it all in the first place.

21. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    YES. Seeing a young Lando would be AWESOME!

22. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Errrr Revan, Kyle Katarn, Thrawn, Quinlan Vos, Darth Bane, Plagueis, Celeste Morne, Zayne Carrick, Theron Shan, Harron Tavus, Jace Malcolm, HK-47 Post Mustafar, Xendor, Anyone in the far future where technology visible advanced from Kotor levels

23. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Come on people, a Han Solo origins movie has the potential to be amazing. The OT hinted about backstories that I expected to see in the prequels years ago. I am super pumped about this idea. I'd love to see a Han Solo movie where he meets Chewie, wins the Falcon from Lando, has a run in with Boba Fett, outruns Imperial starships and makes the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

I'd much rather see a Han Solo film than a Boba Fett film. Boba Fett was barely in the movies and personally I don't get why people think he's so great. He's a secondary character with a very small role. On the other hand, make him the villain of a Han Solo movie and now I think that has potential!

24. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Still just a minor rumor so I am not really reacting much to the info yet. Just some personal thoughts though on if this ends up happening.

I love Han. My main beef with a standalone film for him is not even the need for a new young actor. I just wish they would do it more on characters we already know very little about. Let me remember Han as the way he has already been portrayed. Instead get me excited by helping me learn more about a character I already do not know that much about. I'm not sure what benefit his character would receive by knowing more of his backstory. Not sure the rewards outweigh the possible risks, but I could always be proven wrong.

The Boba Fett movie would not be surprising, but imo still rather undeserved. I still believe the character is the most overrated one in the entire franchise. The only film evidence we have of him being awesome, is his armor, and all the fans assuming because of that he must be amazing. He even captured Han Solo! Which required the entire Empire. However, Solo proved him to be a little clueless when he managed to press a button on his jetpack while still being blind, and thus Boba miraculously was incapable of controlling his own jetpack. That's called a fail. The film will inevitably make good money though, and I would be thrilled if it entertains me.

In the end I can say one thing for certain. I'm just happy we are finally getting more Star Wars.

Krueger likes this.
  25. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't want a young han film. It would probably screw up his EU origins, and i liked those books. I wouldn't want those books to become non-canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.