main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- EXCLUSIVE

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Krueger, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Nobody knows any of those characters. Fett and Solo SELL.

2. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  3. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    I'll take that bet

4. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    *Looks for a rock or a stick or something to hit him with... *

:cool:

Graphic likes this.
  5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Though this hypothetical new han film could destroy that "Han Solo Trilogy" via the retcon bomb.

Personally, i don't think we need a new han origin, we already have one. They should make a movie about something that hasn't been done before, not tread on previous canon, destroying said canon in the process.

6. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Your going to hit me because i like books?

Weird.

Sith_Knight087 likes this.
  7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    For obvious reasons I'm leery of a Han Solo film only because of recasting, but I would love to see more of Han obviously. I'm torn. Let's just say if they appease me by having Harrison in Episode 7 (or more) I could chillax enough to allow for as re-cast, since obviously he'd have to be a younger man. TORN!!!!

Abso-smurfin-lutely!!! I'd bet real money on it!

8. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I figured we'd get a Boba Fett film sooner or later, and now it seems it's going to happen. I hope the rumor is true and that it will take place during the OT. I know there's a lot of you out there that can't stand Fett, but he's a fan favorite with a legion of followers (including myself). Really hope the directing gig goes to Joe Johnston. I know he gets chastised a lot for Jurassic Park III, but that entire production was chaotic and filled with problems, and that mess isn't entirely his fault. Johnston is the perfect type of director for an adventure film of this sorts. The Rocketeer, Hidalgo, and Captain America are all solid, fun, adventure films. October Sky is also a pretty good movie. From a visual and production design standpoint, Johnston is a good director, and plus, he already knows Star Wars. Temeura Morrison is perfect for the role, aside from obvious reasons, he's not a star, so they won't have to worry about devoting a chunk of the film's budget to a massive salary. No need to hire anyone else for the role, because it's Boba Fett, we won't be seeing his face on screen that often, I imagine.

The Young Han Solo film is a bit hit or miss with me right now. It potentially could be really cool, but at the same time, I think it could turn out horrendous. Also a bit hard for me right now trying to imagine a young actor playing a young character that was totally owned by Harrison Ford. Course, as some of pointed out, we've had 3 different younger actors play young Indiana Jones, and we've also had other SW characters portrayed by younger actors (like Kenobi, for instance).

The rumored Yoda film, I hope, remains a rumor and nothing more. I honestly have no interest in a Yoda film.

Exciting times to be a Star Wars fan, for sure. Hope Disney is careful with this, because over-saturation of the brand can happen quickly.

9. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm calling BS on the Han Solo film, at least for now. Iger himself the spin-offs would be about characters that aren't part of the overall saga. Unless I missed another altered version of the OT Han was a very big part of the OT considering he:

*Was the one to get Luke and Obi Wan off Tatooine
    *Saved Luke during his trench run
    *Was used as bait by Vader
    *Led the attack on the Death Star II's shield generator.

I still would like to see a film set during the ST or sometime after ROTJ that features one, or more, of the future Skywalker/Solo kids off on an adventure of their own.

10. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Would love a young Han Solo film, a Boba Fett film, and I think a Yoda origins film would be ill too, but maybe that's overkill.

I still want to see a film between ROTS & ANH based on the Rise of Vader novel

11. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Stoked: Young Han and Boba Fett flicks

Not Stoked: as much as I love Yoda, I don't think I can handle 2 hours of his backwards dialogue. Annoying, this will be. Better in small doses, he is. Want to know his race/origin, I do not.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  12. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    You don't know that. When the D-Day news broke George specifically said he wrote treatments for the ST as well as some spinoff/stand alone films. I bet these are his ideas that are being worked on.

13. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Feb 1, 2013
    First, yes, it was a joke.

Second, no, not because you like books. No, because the mere notion of not doing what could potentially be a cool movie because it would overwrite an EU novel(s) is something that I ridicule.

And it's nothing against you personally or anything, so don't get that idea. No, it's again, just the mere notion of having the movies adjust to the books and not do something because it was done in the books first is like... what, are you kidding me?

I'm kind of sorry I did it now since I've had to go and explain it...

Either way, we might get a Han movie, and at the end of the day that's all that I care about, so, sorry to make fun of your post.

SlashMan likes this.
  14. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Well according to the Plinkett reviews -and it's viewers- the only thing the prequels did right was not including kid Han Solo. I doubt we should see the womanizing gunslinger as a winy teenager ans which high school bully caused him to become a smuggler. Han Solo IS Harrison Forde. End of the line. By the way, he had 3 movies and god knows how many from the new trilogy before being killed off. Now, about some of the unknowns(in case you are not joking but I hope this will be a waste of time):
    Thrawn: Brilliant Military tactician, antagonist of the most popualr star wars novels, The face of the EU for some.
    Kyle Katarn: The Jedi Chuck Norris, the protagonist of the best star wars games, he stole the death star plans(well a part of it) the other face of the EU.
    Quinlan Vos: Rather awesome jedi master, survivor of Order 66, Was seen on-screen in Phantom Menace, mentioned by name in RotS, Ayla Secura(half naked twilek in case you don't know her either)'s master.
    Plagueis: Palpatine's master. Mentioned by name in RotS
    Darth Bane: Not mentioned in the films but in the visual dictionary and novelization of Phantom Menace. The one who established the rule of two. The chosen one of the sith.
    Revan: A cross of Luke and Anakin kinda. The biggest badass of the old republic era. His plans were used a lot by Bane.

By the way: this is an opportunity for unknown background characters to become known. All of them did a lot to shape the star wars galaxy to the one we see in the films.

Sith_Knight087 likes this.
  15. Thomas Solo

Thomas Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    Not positive I'm sold on any of these ideas. I LOVE a Star Wars movie as much as anyone....PT and OT...but would rather more quality than quantity.

16. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Huh? I must have fallen asleep. Did somebody say Boba Fett and young Han Solo spinozzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Can't help to laugh at everyone instantly shouting that Han Solo will be a kid in a Han Solo spinoff, for all we know, it might take place five years before Episode IV.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm really surprised some peeps don't want a Fett film. That has a ton of potential. And could/should lead into the Underworld series.

BTW -- Daniel Logan should totally play young Fett!

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm really surprised some peeps don't want a Fett film. That has a ton of potential. And could/should lead into the Underworld series.

BTW -- Daniel Logan should totally play young Fett!

20. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Well you have to understand where i am coming from. I see one large star wars universe. To me, canon books, and the movies, are just as important, both playing there role in creating a history of the GFFA. I don't like seeing contradictions, it ruins the history, and making books that were originally canon, non-canon. Contradictions destroy parts of what makes the star wars franchise special.

I feel that a young spin off han origins film is not needed, because that story has already been told. Instead they should find another story to make a film about, for there are plenty of stuff in star wars, that the EU hasn't covered, that way adding to the star wars universe, without destroying anything.

21. jordantwodelta

jordantwodelta Jedi Master

Feb 6, 2013
    I'd love to see and hear the Falcon and Slave 1 in action again.

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  22. Tibanna Gas Mine

Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Just let this dude do it

JainaSoloYJK and darthzac14 like this.
  23. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

I've been waiting my entire life for an IG-88 stand-alone movie. :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm not sure where people are getting that they are using established characters from the existing movies (Yoda, Han, Boba, et al).

If they really are setting up things similarly to Marvel's method, then they'll have spinoff films of individual characters in Episode VII - so a young Yoda or young Han Solo film wouldn't make as much sense.

Not saying it's impossible to have films with established characters, I just think them marketing any hot new character more likely.

E.g. Ahsoka.

25. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Feb 1, 2013
    No, I get all of that.

I was just a joke. And it's over, and we're done.

SlashMan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.