main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY STAR WARS spinoff movies...ya or na

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by WookieeJedi, Feb 7, 2013.

1. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    OK so all the buzz lately is about doing spin off movies.... the top 3 rumored are a Yoda movie...a Han Solo movie.... and a Boba Fett movie....whats everyones thoughts on these and which would you most like to see??????

2. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    of course would love to see a Boba Fett movie ...unless.... they cast daniel logan as Fett...then I wont go see it. although a yoda movie would be pretty awesome or even better a chewbacca movie ....except for the fact would probably have to be in all subtitles

3. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    All three but no Chewie. Even some of the fringe characters like Fisto.

4. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    A spinoff on Palpatine might be interesting...however given the choices, I think a spinoff on Han Solo might be of interest. We know a LITTLE about Yoda and Boba Fett, but not much about Solo, other than he's from Corellia.

5. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Are these spinoffs in addition to Episode VII or are they what will be the next trilogy of movies? If they are in addition, you would think that the powers that be are a tad out of focus, no? I mean, wouldn't you want to focus on one story first and then move on to others? Gives me even more reasons to have a lack of faith in Disney's abilities to continue the Star Wars saga.

6. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Id love to see any of these. as much as i love the movies and seeing them in live action, i wouldn't be opposed to them in the style of the clone wars cartoon.

as of now i feel that Disney's heart is in the right place. now that they have star wars in their fold they want to give the fans as much content as they can. the skywalker saga movies i do believe will always be their main focus, hence the reason for pulling the other 3D releases. but at the same time they want to let fans know they are wanting and willing to expand the movie universe to include other popular characters.

One example that always comes to mind is marvel studios. after disney acquired marvel they put out the incredible hulk(with edward norton) and iron man. both movies blew me away and i feel they did the respective heroes on screen justice.

I am optimistic on the future of star wars under the disney flag.

7. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    I hope they don't do too much of these. It removes the magic of the real movies. But Yoda and Palpatine would be very interesting.

8. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I was speaking with a coworker yesterday and he mentioned that Lucas had a lunch meeting with Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher three months before the sale to Disney. He said that there would be more movies. I just saw that both are supposedly in episode 7 along with Harrison Ford and then the story takes off from there.

As for the spin offs, a yoda movie would be cool as would a palpatine movie. Not sure about a Fett or Chewie movie. I would really love to see something from the Old Republic era, going back thousands of years before Yavin, or even an "I Jedi" type of movie. Something to establish some movies and storylines away from the traditional characters and bring in some new actors.

9. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
  10. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Any product would be good. Amazing that in the saga 90% of the characters spoke english. I'm all for anything...except for remakes of the original trilogy

11. RingoStarrkiller

RingoStarrkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Since Ewan McGregor expressed interest in returning as Obi-Wan in some shape or form, I'd LOVE to see a spin-off film of his time in exile, right after Episode III, dealing with crime syndicates and having other adventures.

12. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Old Republic stuff would be awesome.

13. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I think a movie that has an A-story of Obi-Wan makes the most sense from a spin-off franchise perspective. He is a live character from movies 1-4 and would be a great subject with a currently aged Ewan McGregor as OWK during the period between Ep 3 and Ep 4. Depending on where in that time of 19 BBY and 0 BBY we could have B-stories involving Boba Fett and Han Solo.

Yoda on Dagobah? Pass. Yoda before the Clone Wars, meh. He works great as a support character but not really the stuff to support a lead.

14. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Porkins: The Musical!

15. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    It would be awesome, but they would never do a movie in that period. Not in our lifetime. Not even under Disney and their big projects and spinoffs.

16. mJedi775

mJedi775 Jedi Knight star 2

May 18, 2013
    If you read the books (Han Solo Trilogy, some of my favorites) It actually goes quite a bit into Han's past (except about his Imperial service), how he was abandoned as kid, how he learns how to fly, how he meets Lando and wins the Falcon. But I could see a TV show or movie doing some of his a view on his Smuggler life cause there are some large gaps in there.