main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars Spotting

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Aug 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    There is a doctors surgery down from where I work, the doctors name is O.B.King. But someone has attacked the sign with a marker and it now says O.B.1Kingobi.

Oh and by the way, the Soprano's rock !

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    And after the final of this series (this coming Thurs), TV2 are rescreening the first series. YAY!

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i try not to watch too much tv, it pollutes the soul, now my ninetendo on the other hand!

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    > ninetendo

I didn't realise that they'd released version nine of the Nintendo system. :D

I usually have the TV on next to me and on TV3 in the afternoons (about 2:00pm) is this extremely boring Australian "drama" called Above the Law. Yesterday there was a ploiceman giving a kid some advice about something and the kid said "Thanks for the advice, Yoda."

The policeman turned around and said "Hey, don't you ever disrespect Yoda!"

:)

Then, on today's equally boring episode, the same kid had barricaded himself in a hospital room and asked for the policeman. When the policeman turned up the kid said "I didn't think you'd come."

The policmean replied "I couldn't get hold of Yoda, so I thought I'd better."

:D

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    i was just watching "Big Guy and Rusty" a cartoon, anyway rusty was showing a recorded hologram of this doctor and she was explianing to Big Guy bout these prehistoric/alien life forms - they could take over the world.

she ended by saying:

"help us big guy, you're our only hope!"

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    A repeat of the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids TV series is on now. Wayne stuffed up again, making himself and his wife grow older really quickly. They were talking about all the things they were going to miss, like their daughter's graduation, etc., but Wayne's big regret was ...
    "I'll miss seeing the next Star Wars movie."

Sounds like a man with his priorities right! :)

7. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I overheard "queen amidala" on Roswell last night. apparently it was a rerun.

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Yep, TV2 are repeating Roswell from the first episode.

Yep 2, one of the girls called one of the others "Queen Amidala" behind her back (I can't remember all their names).

9. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    LAst saturday on big guy and rusty

the chick doctor recored a message on rustys braain it went something like this

we are in grave danger help us big guy your our only hope.

well thats what i remeber of it and the big guy played it back through rustys eyes like a hologram.

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ACE - read my post, about 4 posts up /\

hehe (oh,well at least it shows i was telling the truth! :p ;))

11. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    there was a doco on just before called 'Legends'. It was about Harrison Ford and it had heaps on SW and interviews with Irvin Kershner and others. quite interesting!

12. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Sfl i have been away for a while so im sorry

13. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    MaytheHorsebewithU is racing in the Melborne Cup. They interviewed the owner, and apparently it was named after someone took their daughter to Ep1.

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    damn fine name i must say!

pitty the force wasnt with it - came in 5th :(

hehe

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Last night (21st) i was watching Shasta (very funny programme on 10:30pm monday - thursday) anyway, way of the characters was in hospital and one of the other characters grabbed an oxygen mask and did the whole "vader" thing:

[breathing] "Luke, I am your father" [/breathing]

then tonight (22nd) the main characters were thinking about stealing a neighbours satelite dish to watch football. one character was against it, so the other guy did the jedi mind trick (waved hand in front of face) the other guy was in a trance then goes:

"damnit - enough with the stupid jedi crap!"

did the mind trick twice.

then later in the programme something happened again and the guy that was doing the mind tricks earlier goes:

"not a jedi, my arse!"

i cant remember why/what he said this to, but it was funny! :D

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    On Wednesday (??) Caroline Rae, from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, was on that Celebrity Squares quizz show on TV3. She used the old joke about her father being a "women's doctor" and a Star Wars fan, and liked to be called OB-1-GYN - or something like that, I was only half-listening to it. ?[face_plain]

17. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    thats right, you werent really watching celebrity squares... WERE YOU???

Watching a thing on TV4 last night, Robbie concert in Manchester where he left the stage saying May the Force be with you, and the y played SW theme as people were leaving.
    go Robbie!

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    yea she was talking (caroline - celebrity squares) said her dad was a big SW fan and he liked to be called something like that.

then at the end when the lady was playing for the car tom said: may the force be with you, for some stupid reason! :p

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    A couple of references yesterday ...
    • On Quantum Leap, Sam was in the late 60s (?) trying to resusitate a dying boy who like sci-fi, and he said something along the lines of "If you don't live you won't see Star Wars".

• At lunchtime on TV3 there was a kids sci-fi movie called Earth Minus Zero which had a few Star Wars references in it, including one of the kids playing a Star Wars game where he was piloting the Outrider ship.

20. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Does anyone here go to Rangitoto College? Anyway, during our senior prizegiving, our school orchestra played "a collection" from The Phantom Menace, and they had the disco ball to create the star effects, the video clips showing, and get this: two guys putting on Yoda's and C-3PO's masks and saying the opening crawl lines! I nearly shouted out, "Look, threepio had no face, and you are playing it all wrong!" It was very, um, interesting...

21. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    the number of my girlfriends flat is Too-onebee. Well, 21 B actually, but I thought that was kinda cool.

22. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Doco series that started on TV1 last night, Child Story.

A six year old girl was shopping for a friend's b'day prezzie with her granny in this humungous toy shop. The cameraman does this 'stand in one spot and spin around' shot and there was this gigantic Star Wars display stand full of EP1 figures. [face_drool]

23. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    WAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA! I WANT ONE!

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There's a couple of HUGEMUNGOUS toy shops in the UK and US that sell anything and everything. We've got nothing like them here - we did have a couple of Toy Warehouse stores, but they went under. :(

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There's a new-ish show on TV4 on Tuesdays (8:30pm) called 18 Wheels of Justice. It's not brilliantly good (the usual good guy on the run/hiding all over the place helping out those in trouble), but one of the main co-stars is Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.