main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars Spotting

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Aug 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    LAst night one whose line is it anyway they had the dating game skit and one of the people had to be jar jar binks

tonight ont he simpsons when the lepricon married the gypsi yoda was the preist person

2. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I didn't watch that but I taped it.

I saw the ending--it was the TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!!! Ilove those ones because tv2 never repeats them. :(

3. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    My stupid tape ran out of time. :mad: I only saw two of the three stories--if there are indeed three--so I caught the Yoda bit. He was not green enough, IMO.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I was just watching the Pepper Ann cartoon and this episode was 15 years in the future of the normal episodes, and they had Mark Hamill as the President "of the free world" speaking at the school reunion. :D

He's been on the show a couple of times before too. I'm pretty sure the real Mark does the voice for the character.

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I can't believe I forgot to post here!

Master Chan did the whole:

"hmmm help you I can, hmmmm yes"

It was great. :)

6. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    last night on futuerama bender got electrified and fell over and made an artoo noise like when he got electrafied by the jawas

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    //also see "New Shows"//

:p :)

8. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    I forgot to post this before, but if any of you remember this~ ah you prolly don't. Anyways, this is going to sound realy far-fetched, but there was one Simpsons episode when Disco Stu started dancing to the song that goes, "More more more/ How do you like it/How do you like it", old song form the 70's or 80's. Mark Hamill did an intervuew with Empire back in November, and he mentioned that Harrison used to dance to that song. I've got that issue of Empire (costed me nearly $20! [face_shocked]) and I thought it was quite funny.

9. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    error message indused double post. :mad:

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    anyone see buffy on Wednesday?
    had a bit where Spike visited the "nerds" and threatened to pull the head off their "limited edition" boba fett action figure :)

11. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Yes! :D Taped it and saw it this afternoon. :) So many SW references this season.

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    aaarrhhgg!

About a week ago - I "spotted" 2 or 3 SW references and thought - I gotta up that old thread and post - but I've forgotten them. :(

edit = spelling

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There was a Star Wars reference on this morning's episode of the Sabrina cartoon (yes, I watch almost ALL cartoons shows :p ).

Sabrina was trying to get some tickets to a Bubblegum Girls concert. She magically called up an Other Realm Ticket Seller, who couldn't get those tickets, but could get others ... including Premiere tickets to every Star Wars release for the next 30 years. Sounds good to me - especially after actually seeing the Bubblegum Girls at the end of the episode. :)

14. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    In the main section on today's (Sats) Herald, there's an article about the Jedi census craze with a picture of Yoda and Obi-Wan.

15. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    *streaks past*

*wonders why never noticed Buzz's feminine side*

:D

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

> an article about the Jedi census craze

Yep. I saw that last night after I'd logged off. I was thinking of retyping it to post here (MUCH easier than trying to hunt it down on their website - IF it's even there), but it doesn't really say much. [face_plain]

> Buzz's feminine side

Ewok warriors do NOT have a "feminine side" ... Grrrrrrrrr! :mad: ;)

> streaks past

And put your clothes back on - this is a family message board. :p

17. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Someone stole my clothes. :(

Family message board?! [face_plain]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

18. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Did any one see Freaks and geeks last night

Repeat on sky 1

The little guy was wearling Star Wars PJ's

I want a pair of those

maybe Lit_Lisa needs a pair also if she is running around this family board naked

Give her back her clothes

19. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I meant to mention this one earlier, but I forgot about it.

There's some relationship help guide on the new books stand at Whitcoulls, and the cover has a Darth Vader action figure with some kind of scaled down girl doll together on the front. I wonder how much they paid to use that on their book ... a hefty price, knowing Lucasfilm.

The Darth Vader figure is one of those '95 'I spent the last ten years on steroids' action figures //shudders oh, the memories, the memories ...

20. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Yeah I saw that one too

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    not exactly spotting but yesterday at the garden party this band was playing some jungle beats and the imperial march came into it - man it was cool and there were a number to cheers and woohoo's from the crowd!

//was shocked at crowds reaction//

:D

22. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Tonight on the Simpsons Halloween Special XII there was a skit (Hex & the City) where Homer was cursed by the gypsie, so trying to cure the curse, he sent a crazee little leprechaun, which turned out to fall in love with the gypsie, & they get married.

Yoda is the priest & says 'Married I pronounce you two I do.'

Nuts.

23. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    lots of refs in buffy last night, "laugh it up fuzzball", and mention of Midichlorians.

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I was watching a tape of the first episode of this series of Stargate SG1 and Jack said: "it doesn't matter, as long as it's a galaxy far far away."

25. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    South Park Last Night was funny as. It was all about how directors keep rerelesing movies. It had steven spelberg and George LUcas as the two main "villans"

heaps of star wars references in the eposide.
    ESB 301 edition were the term wookiee is changed to being with hair problem and the whole cast has been replaced with ewoks

ewoks were after indy in the remake of raiders of the lost ark

and theres a sort of mock documentry with the creators of South Park before one of the ads talking about the re release of the first ep. "take the bus top scene we always wanted imperial walkers and dewbacks in the background" then it shows a the scene with the modigfications

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.