main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Star Wars Stone Carvings by me :)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CarbonFreezer, Dec 30, 2013.

1. CarbonFreezer

CarbonFreezer Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2013
    Hi I'm Jack, I'm brand new here and have come to be a part of a community who love Star Wars as much as myself.
    I am a trainee stone mason, with two years on/off experience. A couple of weeks ago I began to undertake proper training from Master Stone Mason, Ayley Fridlington, in Lincoln (UK).
    My first piece that I have produced in the workshop is an Ewok, check it out here:

https://www.facebook.com/JackDarlingtonCarvings

It is an aim of mine and Ayleys to produce a series of Star wars and other Sci-fi themed pieces, to form a collection to photograph and then sell. We have big ideas and aspirations!

Id love to hear what you think about my work, so leave me feedback here and/or on my new Facebook page if you can spare the time!
    I look forward to hearing what you have to say about my carvings!

TrakNar and kecen like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is brilliant. I have absolutely zero skill with masonry of any sort, but I can certainly admire solid artistry. Oh, and welcome to the forums.

3. CarbonFreezer

Dec 30, 2013
    Thankyou very much mate! Ill be back in the shop on Thursday getting started on Star Wars piece two, so watch this space! :)

4. CarbonFreezer

Dec 30, 2013
    Sadly Ill now not be able to get to the 'shop until Monday, this does however lend me time to ask you folks for some suggestions of what to carve in stone next!

Fett helmet Paper weight? Small character bust? Quotes/sayings?
    Can only really be something small as im yet to order in anly large pieces of stone, but all ideas will be considered!

And just so you all (who are interested) know, my Ewok carving has a few hours left on Ebay! Its on £130 (about $240), so take a look and drop a bid if you want a piece of original and totally unique Star Wars artwork by myself, carved from English limestone by hand!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231122355687?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Paperweights might be a good way to go.

As for the Ewok, it's awesome but waaaaaaaaaay out of my price range. :p

6. CarbonFreezer

Dec 30, 2013
    Ill have a crack with some smaller stuff then! :) Hopefully they will sell faster. The Ewok went for £130 in the end, so I was pleased but the hours that went into him didn't make it financially effective :/

7. CarbonFreezer

Dec 30, 2013
    Some of you may have seen my Ewok on my artist thread, which is where ill post all my updates and WIP's, but Ive started this thread so I can get some feedback on what you folks would like to see next.
    My next project is going to be carved from a small piece of stone for use as a paperweight/desk ornament.
    Im wanting to do either a bust or full body piece (depending on which character I do).

Out of these four, who would you like to see me carve from stone? :)
    Looking forward to hear from you!

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Hi CarbonFreezer.

Welcome to Fan Art and the boards. :) Your stone carvings are impressive, especially that Yautja! I can tell a lot of work and care goes into your works.

As a rule, we do only allow one thread per artist for art and feedback to keep things together and so that everyone can view your progress in one location. You do have the ability to edit your first post with the edit button at the bottom. A small dialog box will appear and the middle button at the bottom that says [More Options…] allows you to add a poll and also change the title of your thread to reflect the latest updates.

If you have any further queries, please let me know. I'll merge this back into your original artist thread.

I look forward to seeing what you will develop next :) Boba/Jango Fett's Helmet might be a good project to tackle next.

9. CarbonFreezer

Dec 30, 2013
    Corellian_Outrider,

Thankyou for your compliments on my work, I really appreciate it! I apologise for the lateness of my reply, and my misunderstanding of the board rules, thanks for condensing my threads for me.
    Im a little lost as to how to convert a now started thread to have a Poll included?
    Either way, Ive acted upon your feedback and today started on a small mock up Fett helmet in limestone! (see link below) :)
    It should be finished tomorrow, and hopefully ill be able to purchase a larger piece of stone to make a full size copy and/or a full body version.
    Give me all you've got with C&C, all welcome! :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.388122314656760.1073741831.384268008375524&type=1

10. naibaf

naibaf Jedi Knight

Dec 15, 2013
    Digging the boba helmet! Goodluck with your future creations!

11. CarbonFreezer

Dec 30, 2013