main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Strike Force - Anyone like bowling?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE
    I want the Stormtrooper Ball!

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050527.html

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I saw this over on the North Ridge board. I am very interested in this. We used to bowl on a league a number of years ago. I'm just not sure if we'd be able to get a regular baby-sitter.

~Doc_Bev

3. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    It looks like it's happening thru the AMF centers. I just looked real quick & Olympic & Terrace Gardens both have infor (not Much ) on Thier Site. It looks like a 25$ registration Fee & $13 dollars a week. but you get the bag & ball. I don't think it's a bad deal.

Edit......Here's more info from our friends in Buffalo.....

JEDI_SMURF

Date Posted: 6/6 7:19pm Subject: RE: The Empire Strikes: Star Wars Bowling League - Date Edited: 6/6 7:23pm (1 edits total) Edited By: JEDI_SMURF
    I got details and sign-up sheets tonight at bowling. Here are the details:

The league goes every week for 18 weeks.
    The league is either every Saturday at 1:00pm or Sunday at 4:00pm.
    The league starts either on Sept. 10th (Sat.) or Sept. 11th (Sun.).
    The league costs $12.99 per week. This includes either a bag and ball or the Jedi package that includes a life-size Darth Vader standee, a Star Wars cap, and an exclusive set of six movie poster replications - one for each Star Wars episode - previously only released to movie theaters.

I have information and sign-up sheets from Rose Bowl Lanes on Harlem and Mineral Springs in West Seneca. If anyone wants to bowl at another AMF Center, such as Thruway or Lancater Lanes, let me know and I will get information on the Star Wars Strike Force league at that house.

There is a registration fee of $25.00, which will be applied to your total league fees.

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    OH I'M IN! I AM SO IN!
    Who wants to make up a team for Olympic Bowl?

That Stormtrooper ball is mine!

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think KnightShade and I would be interested if we can get a steady babysitter. Personally, I'd prefer Gates Lanes since it's closer to me, but would probably still participate if it was elsewhere. It looks like all the AMF lanes have the same generic info on their individual sites. I'm curious how many folks will sign up for this league or will we just be bowling against ourselves?

~Doc_Bev

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    OMG I would travel for this one ;)

I doubt we would get enough interest in Syracuse for a league.......I love the Yoda ball! :)

7. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'd probably be in! Stormtrooper ball for me DUH! I don't like the league times though........... I'd perfer Olympic based on lane conditions. Gates is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to oily. My average dropped 21 pins bowling at Gates :-(.

D-

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    We can divide into two teams
    A Jedi Team and an Imperial Team....

Just battle every single week. That'd be fun :)

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I just noticed that Princess Leia is on the opposite side of the Padme ball (which makes sense I guess...). Initially I was going to go for Boba Fett, but now I'm torn between that and Leia. Although... I really don't like pink. :p I guess I'd really have to see these things in person.

~Doc_Bev

10. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I like the C3P0 & R2 Ball I think I could talk Dar Solo Into this.

11. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I am a novice bowler but I do enjoy it. Sounds like fun but probably could not afford it.

12. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Oh I am so a novice bowler too, I hope that if we do actually get a team formed that no one expects us to win anything :) except maybe the horses ass trophy for coming in last :)

13. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I wish I wasn't so far away! This would be fun...eventhough I'm a terrible bowler. ;)

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Wha?!?!?!?!?!:mad: :_| :p

I cant bowl very well either but..........we have all the fun bowling balls in our house, Spongebob,Wildthornberrys,now to add Star wars :) Would love to get a Harry Potter one .......hmmmmm....

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry Strawbary... [face_laugh]
    I'm just not very "girly" I guess.

~Doc_Bev

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    its all good ;) no worries......

I dont consider myself too girly I can play baseball with the boys and hold my own ;) I just REALLY like the color pink ;)

I dont think I would go as far as getting a "pink" car however .......... hmmm..........welll........mayyyybe..... jk.....

seriously if you guys all play I would love to make hike out there and play...would be fun :)

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    AMF now has something on their site mentioning a free "3-D VividVision" poster, just for signing up (while supplies last) by July 30th.

So who's seriously considering this, keeping in mind it's once a week for 18 weeks and will cost a little under $250.
    What are folks preferences on day/time to bowl? It looks like our only choices are Sat at 1pm or Sun at 4pm. I think I would vote for Sunday myself. Sat at 1pm is just too smack dab in the middle of the day. Once we figure that out then we'd then need to form up into teams of 4.

~Doc_Bev

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm digging Sunday
    but where?

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    TD-027 voted for Olympic and I think KS and I are fine with that.

~Doc_Bev

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade took a call from Terrace Gardens this morning. I filled out an online form for more info on the SW league, maybe the request got sent to them because they're closest to me? Not sure... but here's the info they gave. It's for The Incredibles league (which is what they thought I signed up for :confused:, but supposedly it's the same info...

16 weeks
    starts Oct 11th
    options of Sat at 1pm, Sun at 3pm or Wed at 6:30pm
    $10.99 a week
    you don't get the ball until the end

I can call Olympic and confirm that they have the same details.

~Doc_Bev

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Obviously I'm in
    :)

Just kinda down that we dont get the ball UNTIL the end.
    Ah well no biggie.

22. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I think DarSolo & I may be in also.

Not getting the ball till the end......Just think it'll be in mint condition :)

23. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Hi,

Here's the information that AMF Olympic Lanes (1350 Scottsville Road) faxed me earlier this week:

Registration fee is $25 (which will be applied to your local league fees). Norma of Olympic Lanes thought that if we registered by July 31st., that we would be eligible for the "free Star Wars collectible '3-D VividVision' poster", however, she could not find a date to verify that.

Teams of 2. Norma thought it was only 2 games per night, but it could be 3. Shoes are included in the price. You get the ball at the end and will be able to choose design and weight. She thought it was only a plastic ball, but did not know if drilling of the holes was included - that would be up to the pro shop.

14 weeks of bowling starting:

Monday, 9/19/05 6:30 p.m. - adult and jr (under 18)
    Tuesday, 9/20/05 4:00 p.m. - jr only
    Tuesday, 9/20/05 9:00 p.m. - adults only
    Wednesday, 9/21/05 4:00 p.m. - jr only
    Wednesday, 9/21/05 9:00 p.m. - adults only
    Sunday, 9/25/05 10:30 a.m. - jr only
    Sunday, 9/25/05 10:30 a.m. - adult and jr
    Sunday, 9/25/05 5 p.m. - adult and jr

Pricing:
    Package - Jr (under 18) - Adult + jr - adult - adult with no merch.
    Ball - $10.99 - $21.99 - $11.99 - NA
    Jedi - $9.99 - $19.99 - $10.99 - NA
    No Merch. - NA - NA - NA - $5.99

Ball package includes a choice from 6 ball designs "in an exclusively designed Star Wars ball bag and an award certificate."
    The Jedi package "includes a life-size Darth Vader standee, a Star Wars cap and an exclusive set of six movie poster reproductions - one for each Star Wars episode - previously only released to movie theaters."

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Cool! Thanks for the info! I haven't had the time to follow up on that yet.
    Unless we have someone under 18 interested in bowling with us - am I reading it correctly that our bowling options are:

Monday at 6:30pm (starting 09/19)
    Tuesday at 9pm (starting 09/20)
    Wednesday at 9pm (starting 09/21)
    Sunday at 10:30am (starting 09/25)
    Sunday at 5pm (starting 09/25)

If so, I would vote for Sunday at 5pm myself as my first choice and Sunday at 10:30am as my second. 9pm is too late for us babysitter wise, and I would think that 6:30pm on a weekday might be pushing it for some folks to get out of work in time.

I was just looking and 14 weeks puts our last day to bowl right on Christmas Day, but I'm sure that will be altered. I also noticed that there are already 2 of those Sundays I'd have to skip and/or make-up.

How strange on the teams of 2... I guess it'll make bowling go quicker if each team gets their own lane though.

~Doc_Bev

P.S. Welcome back to the boards DarSolo!

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    WB indeed :)
    I'd be up for a Sunday game and I'll obviously take the ball :)
    I need to find a teammate..hmm..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.