main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Strike Force - Anyone like bowling?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    of what's available Sunday would be best for me

2. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    :confused: ok whose ready to commit to the Sunday at 5 timeslot...... We are, 're going down to register tomorrow at Olympic.

3. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Speaking for myself - I don't have any interest in a weekend league.
    By the end of 18 weeks - I totally despise that I have had every weekend taken up by the league.

If Sunday is the day that people want - I would be up for doing the occasional sub.

4. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I hear ya, I kinda got forced into it because of work, , Being Out of town so much for work during the week, i'd miss a lot, but weekends are the only days I'm pretty much gaurenteed to be home. Truthfully I'da preferred a saturday but that wasn't an option.

5. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    ok We did it!, D & I went down to Olympic to register .We both put down our $25 deposits. We did the Sunday at 5. I f you go down soon & sign up you get a free 8x10 lenticular mini Poster for ROTS. I Got a Yoda & Daria got a Grevious. That's the only 2 Olympic had, I wonder if other Bowling Centers have different ones???

6. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Hmmm it has gotten quiet here, Are Me & D going to be the only ones bowling????????

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm hoping to still bowl, but wasn't planning on signing up until later on in the month and/or when I was going to be out in the vicinity of Olympic Bowl (i.e. didn't want to make a special trip). I also wasn't planning on KnightShade not wanting to bowl on the weekend.

I think TD-2709 & Wingnut were the other two potential players.

~Doc_Bev

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I am still definately in. I need to find a partner to match my subpar skills. :)

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So far it looks like our first three teams are:

T_StarFlyer & DarSolo
    RSWingnut & MadKidJedi
    Doc_Bev & ???

Sounds like KnightShade & TD-2709 are not interested in bowling on the weekend.

Anyone else interested in bowling in the Sunday at 5pm league? We did extend an invite to the USS Tranquility, so we might get some bowlers from there.

~Doc_Bev

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Ok...minor update and an apology to MadKidJedi
    My good friend Matt has finally answered a request from three weeks ago and he wants to play as my partner in Strike Force. I just have to finalize a few things tomorrow with him but he really wants to form up on a team.

MadKid, I'm sorry Bro but I did ask him first about this one. Him and I have had some hard times the last few years and I was trying to get him to be my teammate to start patching things up.

Nicki do you still need a partner?

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yup!
    Unless KnightShade changes his mind...

~Doc_Bev

12. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Nicky- I'll partner with you unless Darren comes 'round to his senses! I will need to know in the next couple of days in order to sign up tho...

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade's still a no, but I suppose that solves our babysitter issue...
    So - MadKidJedi we can be partners.

EDIT: I'm all signed up and got the Yoda poster. I thought it was strange that there was no deposit or registration fee, but maybe that gets taken care of on Sept 25th?

~Doc_Bev

14. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    MadKid is now officially signed up. Nothing like waiting 'til the absolute last day to do so... Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention, but I was unaware of the $25 registration fee until the sign-up form was in front of me. Luckily, I had $26.00 on me! (The last buck and some change bought me an iced coffee ay the Dunkin Donuts next to Olympic. Yum!)

Oh, and in spite of the cash layout to get signed up, I didn't get no damn lenticular nothing. I'll be on the phone tonight to the other AMF Bowling Centers to see if they've any left-overs of these, because I want mine (dammit!) and the Rebellion needs more posters!!!

I guess the league starts on the 25th of September or something right?

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Last day to sign up!?
    As in for real or just to get the lenticular stuff?

16. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Ummmmm... I think it was. I just remember Tom saying "the end of July" at the last meeting. Today was the 31st.

I'll ask around tomorrow, when I actually call the other bowling centers...

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Today was just the last day for the special poster.

That is so strange... I asked the lady if she was sure I didn't have to pay a registration fee, but she said no. She seemed a little clueless though...

~Doc_Bev

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So anyone else interested in bowling with us?
    It's not too late to sign up, just too late to get the lenticular poster.

So who wants to get "official" The Rebellion Strike Force t-shirts to wear at bowling each week? :-B I think it would be a cool way to advertise our club if we all bowled in the same t-shirt, but it would only really work if all the bowlers are interested in wearing one. I pictured it being a standard t-shirt, with our standard logo on the front and a new The Rebellion Strike Force logo on the back. Unfortunately right now the current sale is only $5 off $50 so I think I'd want to wait a few weeks until this sale ends (Sept 6th) to see if something better comes along. But that's fine as it gives us time to get a logo designed, but still time enough to get them in before bowling starts.

So who's with me! :D
    Actually, I'm nerdy enough to wear mine whether the rest of you guys do or not, but I thought it would look cooler if we had a team t-shirt.

~Doc_Bev

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    It sounds cool but I dont know.
    My teammate has almost zero interest in Star Wars and will not be into wearing any shirt. I'd maybe be up for one.

20. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Are you thinking just T-Shirts - or actual bowling shirts?

21. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I think we sould make star wars bowling shirts, or those large graphic shirts , I think they call them Club Shirts?

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Initially I was thinking of t-shirts off cafepress.com, but making our own bowling shirts out of SW fabric sounds cool too. Although they wouldn't specifically advertise The Rebellion, they should certainly attract attention and be a lot less expensive!

And, Wingnut - I figured it would just be us Rebels that would "have" to wear the shirts - your friend doesn't have to.

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    We could still wear our rebellion t's underneath

24. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Maybe a black bowling "jersey" type with a white or red Rebellion legion across the back. Could be cool.

25. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I like the idea of a Star Wars or SW Strike Force bowling shirt - something different since I have far too many t-shirts already. It seems from a quick google search (http://www.bowlingshirt.com/custom/digitalimage.html)that a custom screenprinted bowling shirt would run ~$40 if only 5 of us were ordering plus the $20 setup cost and then a $10 reorder cost, but there are several styles of bowling shirts to choose from. A digital printed one was only ~$41 each for 2-10 shirts. Only white bowling shirts with red or black collars and trim seems to be available for the custom digital printed shirts. Shipping would be ~$12 total. I looked at a few other sites, but this one seemed to have the biggest selection for the price.

Too bad CafePress (http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/products/apparel) didn't have a bowling shirt or button shirt option. Maybe the golf (polo) shirt would work? Can an image be put on the back of the sweatshirts or hoodies?

Did anyone get the Star Wars bowling shirt at Celebration II? That was the only official one I could find online. I thought there was a Vader "club" shirt not too long ago too.

Tom mentioned making the shirts, but would we have time in the next 5.5 weeks? We could just get that iron-on paper and print our own graphic to put on our own bowling (or club) shirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.