Roch, NY Star Wars Strike Force - Anyone like bowling?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master

star 4
  2. T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan

star 4
  3. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    I've only heard back from North Ridge so far, but here's the [link=http://www.rochesterfandom.com/rebellion/sfbowling.html]website[/link] with the standings. BigDanLevitan's 176 bumped MadKidJedi's 126 off the chart for last week. I'm sure my 145 will be bumped off too once NR bowls Friday.

~Doc_Bev
  4. RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master

star 4
    Figures we'd run into some high rollers sooner or later :)
    Nothing to take away from your game Nicki Bravo!
  5. BobaChris12 NE RSA & North Ridge VP

Manager
    star 9
    I was content with my scores last week. 159, 158, 149. At least I am consistent.

It would be great to have a head to head competition after the season. (and a good excuse to get together)
  6. -KnightShade- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We have some other members who would be happy to participate in such a contest.
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    That's an awesome idea! When the season's over we should find a bowling alley in Batavia or something and bowl with each other!

What do folks think of dressing up for bowling on Oct 30th? Ideally it would be SW costumes, but I suppose it could be any Halloween costume.

~Doc_Bev
  8. MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sure, so long as I can wear my spats over those godawful bowling shoes...
  9. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yup, it's mostly the bottoms of the shoes that the bowling alleys are concerned with.

I was figuring I'd have to wear my RFT as my Jedi would look strange without the boots. :p I'm just not sure how well I'll be able to bowl with the helmet on...

~Doc_Bev
  10. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ah, man. My 145 from last week just got bumped off the [link=http://www.rochesterfandom.com/rebellion/sfbowling.html]board[/link] by NR's starwarsarmboy's 210. :eek:

~Doc_Bev
  11. T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok Bowlers, I just got word that there is a mass being said for my brother Mike , (who passed away this summer) this sunday at 5. Would you folks be up to bowling either earlier or later Sunday? Nicky I know you have the Astro meeting at 2 Do you think you'd get out of that early enough to get done bowling by say 4:30? Or would you folks be willing to bowl at like 7 or 7:30?

You don't have to, it's just more fun when we all are there.

Whadda ya think?
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    I don't think I'd be able to get out of the meeting until 4pm-ish. Unfortunately as the con draws near the meetings get longer as we have more to cover.

I would be willing to bowl later, although I think someone should confirm with the lanes that that isn't going be an issue. They might have a 7pm league and not have a lot of extra room (not that we take up much room...).

~Doc_Bev
  13. T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll call at noon when they open
  14. RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course we could all just NOT show up and do a makeup night either the week before or week after...
  15. T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I just called & yea it would be no problem. They always have open lanes.

If you guys are up for say bowling at 7:30 let me know & I'll call them back to let them know so they don't hold those lanes from 5pm if they don't have to
  16. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    7:30pm would be fine with me.

~Doc_Bev
  17. MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Anyone by chance near the city who can offer me a lift? I know it's probably too late... sorry... Otherwise I'm out for this week... again.

I can't call anyone, as my phone is out of order, but we can receive calls at the home number: 482-0314.

EDIT: Nevermind. On my way.
  18. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    As T reminded me last night - I probably won't be home from Boston in time to bowl on the 23rd. And, I don't think I'll have the time to pre-bowl unfortunately either... Hopefully I'll have the time to do a make-up next week.

~Doc_Bev
  19. MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey bowlers; I've got a ride there tonight, but could benefit from a ride home. Can anyone accomodate that? Lemme know...
  20. RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I have no car and Matt is out for this week as well. I will not be bowling tonight. I will go later this week with Matt and we will make up our games at that point.
    Since it appears that only Tom and D and possibly Dean are the only ones bowling tonight...perhaps we should all reschedule for just a makeup night later this week..?
  21. MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'd be down for that! Who wants to call Tom and Daria?
  22. RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok....Matt and I are headed to Olympic...apparently he just got home and he HAS to bowl tonight so we're going.
    I dont know how I'm getting home so who knows lol
  23. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    So am I to assume that MadKidJedi & I are the only ones that need to do make-up for last night?

~Doc_Bev
  24. RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes.
    High game goes to me in the 130's
    I know...I'm trying to figure out how I bowled that well too 8-}
  25. DarSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    You had the highest score at 135! Congrats! [face_dancing]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.