main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Strike Force - Anyone like bowling?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I added the pictures from yesterday's bowling to the album.

And nobody's made any comments to my questions from last week...

Do folks have any thoughts on what we want to do for our 14th week of bowling that falls on Dec 25th. Or our 15th week that lands on Jan 1st? Do we just want to go some week night instead? Or I suppose the other option would be to bowl 6 games on the 18th with the last 3 going towards Dec 25th and then bowl 6 games on Jan 8th with the first 3 going towards Jan 1st.

~Doc_Bev

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I won't have any free nights till after xmas so if we bowl extra can we plan it after the 25th?

3. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Why can't we bowl on the 1st?

I don't want to bowl 6 games in a row since my wrist, hand or arms are usually sore after 2 games.

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I made the assumption that folks would have plans on New Year's Day. I was planning on spending the day with my family myself.

I guess it's sounding like people should make up when they are able. For me, it would be best to get the make-ups out of the way while I'm already out there instead of travelling out a seperate day. So for myself, I'll be doing my make-ups after regular bolwing on Dec 18th and Jan 8th. If that works for others great - we can bowl together. If not, I guess pick a day(s) that work better for you.

~Doc_Bev

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Hooray for T_StarFlyer for getting this week's high game at 135! =D=
    I'll update the standings board as soon as I get access to it again.

~Doc_Bev

6. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    :)thanks It had to happen at least once, right?

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album51/IMG_0177_r.jpg]
    See this is what I was hoping we could get for team bowling shirts. This is a pic of Los Angeles' FF Strike Force team. Maybe if we bowl next season we could make up some team shirts. :cool:

~Doc_Bev

8. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Well, we are crossing our fingers that Tom will be getting out of the mall at a reasonable time for bowling today. He is only scheduled to work until 4 p.m., however, he's been staying later each night. Last night he didn't get home until nearly midnight because there was still a long line for gift cards past 10 p.m. when the mall closed and then all 3 workers restocked so they didn't have to worry about all that this morning. While Tom had been there since 4 p.m., the other 2 guys had been there all day - they had opened. Oh well, we'll make it up later tonight. Hope to see you later. [face_tired]

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just hear from DarSolo that she and T will not be making it to bowling tonight.
    I'm just leaving my house now and should be there just about 5pm.

~Doc_Bev

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We're done! We just bowled Weeks 13 & 14 tonight.
    And 14 was our final week.

If folks are interested we can start our next season right away (or in other words January 8th if we continue with Sundays). But, let's discuss the next season in a new thread.

~Doc_Bev

11. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Awwww - you guys missed it! :oops: Tom bowled a 203 on his 5th. game tonight or the second game for Week 14! He had 4 strikes in a row for 2 turkeys and then another 3 strikes in a row at the end for another turkey! It was amazing. [face_hypnotized]

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Aw poor Matt, he got knocked off the board before I even put him on it!
    If he got higher than a 144 for one of his first 3 games then he could get on the board for Week 13 too.

~Doc_Bev

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Big congrats to T for his awesome game =D= that we all missed. :(

Updated the scoreboard.

~Doc_Bev

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Alright...I called Olmypic today to chew them out.
    Apparently the Yoda and Darth Vader balls have already been picked up...anyone want to chime in?
    No other balls are there and I expressed how p*ssed off I was.
    The only response was that they were calling the company weekly to get the balls in ASAP

15. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I'm confused, we didn't pick up any balls we didn't even know any were in yet.........more to follow unless I'm mistaken I order the yoda ball

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Interesting...

I know I haven't picked up my ball. So unless they gave the balls out to the wrong people - I'm not sure what's going on.

~Doc_Bev

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Is anyone calling Olympic now or should I call them back?
    Oh please tell me I can call them back.

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I wasn't planning on calling them, but I'm not sure how calling them back would help any...
    They're probably not going to remember who they gave the balls to.

~Doc_Bev

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    The manager..."stepped out" :mad:
    Who ordered Vader?

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Lou called back
    Someone order an 8lb Yoda and Vader Ball as collectibles and bowling balls for their kidsbefore we even signed up for the league and those are the balls that came in.

Apparently Yoda is one of the hardest balls to get.
    So now we're waiting...November, December, January, Febuary, March, April....5 months?

21. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Ok it seems some of the balls are in. We got a call Daria went to pick them up (w/Paulie) Was able to get my ball, both our bags , but her Ball wasn't in. So go check it a out. She also got 2 activity books with coupons, so don't forget to ask for those.

It was unclear on what other balls weere actually there.

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Thats funny...I called them yesterday morning and they said they hadnt gotten any balls in yet again. :mad:

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they lied We got a message the night before & Daria pick mine up around 5pm yesterday, she said that were at least 7 others there but not her pink one They actually called her into the office so she could look cause they din't know what was what. She didn't know what exatly others had ordered so she didn't know who's the others belonged to. Call Back & have them look, They are in yello Brunswick boxes that sa Vis-a-ball & ot was the old afro-american guy with glasses, I want to say his name was Lawerence or something like that.

24. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Picked up my ball and Doc Bev's ball today.

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Cool! Thanks Wingnut!

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.