main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Star Wars Summertime Roadtrip coming to Seattle!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Hey guys!

I don't know how long this has been common knowledge, but there is a Star Wars Road Trip Tour coming to Seattle in 7 days. They haven't announced the locations, but I hope they do soon. There is even a contest to win a 4 person trip to C4! Check it out here Star Wars Summertime Roadtrip

Anyone interested in going? Maybe we can make this a more successful Washington State meetup!

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Yes, we talked on this. We still have no idea where, but it would be fun to scout them out. :p

3. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    They have yet to release the specifics on exactly where they'll in Seattle. The same goes for all of the cities. Which I think is a bit odd because this whole thing starts tomorrow!

4. Rishadq

Rishadq Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
  5. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    It's not that we didn't jump on it; we are really interested, there just isn't anything to talk about. :p

6. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    LFL has contacted the local 501st Garrison to have 4 Stormtroopers in attendance at the day's activities. They haven't yet decided on what those activities will be. Don't know how they expect regular fans to show up if they don't publicize it better.

7. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I don't think they want anyone winning the free C4 tickets. :(

8. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    I fear this is just more evidence that CIV will be as poorly organized as CIII.

9. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I should volunteer to organize it. Spreadsheets and lines! LINES!!!! It would be so insanely organized. ::loves spreadsheets::

JediFarfy

10. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hey guys (and gals)! I am copying a post I made over on the Everett forum on what I think could be going on with the road trip

"GGGGGGGGggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! this is so frustrating trying to find more info on this, I hope they aren't this negligent in gettting us timely info on CIV and buying our badges and the like.

I am kinda wondering about something though, maybe we aren't supposed to know exactly where they are going.
    Read this part from starwars.com very carefully (okay, I bolded the part I am referring to ):

Throughout the 11-city road trip, Star Wars fans will want to keep their eyes peeled and their cameras ready

It's almost like they are saying that they are sending SW characters around these towns, but they aren't gonna have a specific location for an apperance publicized and it's up to us fans to find them and snap their pics (for that contest) like it's some kind of freakin' treasure hunt"

There is also something else that is weird that inversil (Keith) pointed out in our thread over there
    If you go to the pull down menu for submitting your contest photos (it's on the same page) instead of having Seattle listed for the 28th, they have Phoenix, AZ

11. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey, I just checked, and they've listed Swedish Hospital, Children's Hospital, Space Needle, and Science Fiction museum as their locations, but not times or anything. The drop down box is still showing Phoenix.

JediFarfy

12. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Want to spend all day at the Space Needle? :p

:D

13. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I forgot about it and have to close on Monday. :( If I get ready and wear work clothes, I can spend most of the day, but have to be at work by 3.

JediFarfy

14. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    If I don't have an interview that day I'd be up for hanging out at the Space Needle! We'll have to think of some good photos to take.

15. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    I just sent off a message to those people at Lucasfilm informing them of their website typo error. I'm sure I'm not the first. Hopefully they'll fix the problem.

16. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hey all C&Ping another post from over at the Everett FF:
    I am a member of the Science Fiction Museum, so I get emails about upcoming events, I just got this timely email today regarding the roadshow stop in Seattle on Monday::

The Star Wars Galaxy Comes to Seattle

Normally, they live in a galaxy far, far away ? but for 11 days this summer, three of the most beloved characters from the Star Wars saga will be touring the United States on a classic road trip that includes a day-long visit to Seattle, Washington.

On Aug. 28, Chewbacca, Han Solo?s faithful Wookie co-pilot; Darth Vader, the feared Dark Lord of the Sith; and Wicket, the cuddly Ewok will journey to Seattle, where they plan to greet local fans and take in the sights, including:

Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame, to explore the history and legacy of some of science fiction?s greatest minds. Space Needle, where they will take in a
    360-degree view of Seattle from the Observation Deck.

Additionally, the Star Wars characters will begin their tour of Seattle with a visit to the Swedish Medical Center, where they will spend time getting to know many of the hospital?s young patients.

Come see these Star Wars characters
    in the SFM galleries from 1:30pm-2:00pm
    and in the SFM lobby from 2:00pm-2:30pm!

so that's one time pinned down

I can't make it though, can't take anymore time from work

17. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Crap, I am working then! :(

18. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    crapinthehat always on a day I work.

19. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I work at 3 and will be taking the bus. Boo. :(

JediFarfy

20. Rishadq

Rishadq Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Hey guys,

Any reportage on this? Did you guys get out and see 'em? Didja, didja? 8-}

21. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    The reportage is in the Seattle times today...photo on page 2.

The gist of the conversation about it on the local 501st board is that the Vader costume was really, really badly done! As in, not much better than a Rubies costume.

22. Cydon

Cydon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2006
    HA! I didn't have work that day![face_dancing] ...The only problem was I didn't know about it!!!!!:_|

23. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Aww! That's ok. It was the second city they did, and there wasn't a ton of information. Oh well, we're still going to C4, just paying for it ourselves.

JediFarfy

24. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.