main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Star Wars Summertime Roadtrip coming to Seattle!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Hey guys!

I don't know how long this has been common knowledge, but there is a Star Wars Road Trip Tour coming to Seattle in 7 days. They haven't announced the locations, but I hope they do soon. There is even a contest to win a 4 person trip to C4! Check it out here Star Wars Summertime Roadtrip

Anyone interested in going? Maybe we can make this a more successful Washington State meetup!

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Everything seems to happen after I move. :_|
    I hope you all have fun at it and make sure to take lots of pictures.

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Well, it would be nice if they had more details as to exact location and time. One would think it should not be impossible for them to know those details when they are to be in Seattle in only 7 days

I cannot commit until those details are available

4. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Yeah, it does seem kinda weird, that we haven't heard of this before and it is happening so quickly!

5. InvaderSil

InvaderSil Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    wooo! That's on me b-day! errr...wait...did anybody check the drop down list for the contest at the bottom of the thing? On the 28th, it is saying Phoenix and not Seattle. I wonder which one is right.

And typically, I don't see a "Hey, which one is right" button. hah

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Hmmmm, that is very interesting Keith, perhaps Seattle is not getting the tour after all

Hey Cheryl! If you are out there, how far is Phoenix from where you live? You might get a chance to go after all

Now, here is another weird thing, they are supposedly in Miami today and yyet there is still no info as to where and when? Someone over at starwars.com dropped the ball on making sure the info is readily and easily accessible from the update page, not to mention, accurate!

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Phoenix is a couple of hours away. It's doable for me if it's really true. :confused:

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It says the 28th but not any place or time - Wait, I see it - Maybe Seattle is being skipped?:oops:

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    GGGGGGGGggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! this is so frustrating trying to find more info on this, I hope they aren't this negligent in gettting us timely info on CIV and buying our badges and the like.

I am kinda wondering about something though, maybe we aren't supposed to know exactly where they are going.
    Read this part from starwars.com very carefully (okay, I bolded the part I am referring to :) ):

Throughout the 11-city road trip, Star Wars fans will want to keep their eyes peeled and their cameras ready

It's almost like they are saying that they are sending SW characters around these towns, but they aren't gonna have a specific location for an apperance publicized and it's up to us fans to find them and snap their pics (for that contest) like it's some kind of freakin' treasure hunt

10. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    If that is the case, it is a very ill-concieved promotion...

11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I am a member of the Science Fiction Museum, so I get emails about upcoming events, I just got this timely email today regarding the roadshow stop in Seattle on Monday::

The Star Wars Galaxy Comes to Seattle

Normally, they live in a galaxy far, far away ? but for 11 days this summer, three of the most beloved characters from the Star Wars saga will be touring the United States on a classic road trip that includes a day-long visit to Seattle, Washington.

On Aug. 28, Chewbacca, Han Solo?s faithful Wookie co-pilot; Darth Vader, the feared Dark Lord of the Sith; and Wicket, the cuddly Ewok will journey to Seattle, where they plan to greet local fans and take in the sights, including:

Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame, to explore the history and legacy of some of science fiction?s greatest minds. Space Needle, where they will take in a
    360-degree view of Seattle from the Observation Deck.

Additionally, the Star Wars characters will begin their tour of Seattle with a visit to the Swedish Medical Center, where they will spend time getting to know many of the hospital?s young patients.

Come see these Star Wars characters
    in the SFM galleries from 1:30pm-2:00pm
    and in the SFM lobby from 2:00pm-2:30pm!

so that's one time pinned down

I can't make it though, can't take anymore time from work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.