main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS: TALES OF THE JEDI- a TV Series....discussion thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kith Aris, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kith Aris

Kith Aris Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 1999
    Ok, maybe I have too much free time on my hands at work lately but still......

I recently got the radio play for TALES OF THE JEDI. I long ago read the Graphic Novels from Black Horse Comics, and even got the West End Games RolePlaying Supplement. Interesting stuff, but for some reason, when I listen to the radio play of it...well, it gets my head burning as I actually picture alot of the stuff.

And it got me to thinking. I remember a couple of years ago, of lively debates on what should happen after the Prequels are done and gone. George Lucas will need some sort of money machine after that, so what is he going to do? Shut down ILM? I doubt it.

And, as I REALLy started to think about it, I just started jotting down the main characters from TALES OF THE JEDI, the Onderon part, anyway, and started writing down whom I thought should play them in a TV series.

Flame away if you want, or you can agree with me that a TOTJ series woudl be worth watching. And, if you could, provide the answers for the casting of......

Ulic Qel-Dromma

Cay Qel-Dromma

Tott Doneeta

Jedi Master Arca Jeth

Naomi Sunrider

The voice of Jedi Master Thrawn

And others, of course. I got my idea's, but since I don't know if I will be flamed for posting anything, i will wait a bit before posting anything.....

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    This is what I like.TOTJ is my favorite of all the EU.
    Exar Kun-The guy who played Long Rifle in the 91 Last Of The Mohicans
    Sorry I can't think who showed play the others.

3. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    Thron, er, Thon? It wasn't Thrawn though :p. I should of course play Ulic!! :p, and my brother Cay. Actually no, I really can't think of anyone, this is a tough casting.

4. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I like that idea. Sounds like it'd be a goodie.

Jauhzmynn

5. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Someone should make a TOTJ fan film.

6. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I would like to see Ulic Qel-Droma and Master Arca... the cover of #1 by Dave Dorman is still my favorite EU comics cover! All for one and one for all!

7. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    what about Exur Kun?

8. Kith Aris

Kith Aris Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 1999
    Your right, I meant Thon I believe, I don't have the novel with me.

I was thinking as casting.....

Ulic Qel-Dromma I was thinking of Casper Van Diene of STARSHIP TROOPERS fame...for some reason, he seems 'the part'.

Cay Qel-Dromma In this case, I guess any blonde, marginally athletic person would do for this role. Since Joshua Jackson of DAWSONS CREEK was so lobbying for the role of Anakin, maybe this can be his redemption.

Tott Doneeta Since he is a Twilek, I believe a martial artist out there, perhaps the luckiest SW fan who has an agent, might be up for the part. I was thinking of that asian american that was in NINJA TURTLES 2 for some reason.

Jedi Master Arca Jeth Christopher Lambert, of THE HIGHLANDER fame. THe perfect Arca Jeth.

Naomi Sunrider Jessica Alba...the perfect Sunrider.....

The voice of Jedi Master Thon In this case, they should go with as dignified an actor as they can find to do it (ie, one with a repute beyond comparison). I was thinking Clint Eastwood or Charlton Heston.

Any thoughts on these?

As far as Exar Kun goes, should it get that far in the series, of course, then by all means, cast someone grand for it. I was thinking that many of the 'bit' roles, like Oss Willem or Andur Sunrider, I am sure there are many A or B list actors who would not mind doing a few bit roles in the movie, just to 'be in the SW universe'.

9. Mr_Moff

Mr_Moff Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    That would not last long.

10. Majin_Vader

Majin_Vader Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    i think its a great idea and should be done in sagas like dbz.also it should be a classic style cartoon and i think there should b 4 sagas 1:freedon nadd 2: ulic 3: sith war & 4: redemption sagas

11. BIOHAZARD

BIOHAZARD Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    this is the best friggin idea i've heard in a long time!

12. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    This actually sounds like a pretty cool idea.

13. BIOHAZARD

BIOHAZARD Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    it sounds a lot better than that clone wars series comming to Cartoon Network.

14. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Well, don't just sit here waiting! Try doing something about it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.