main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Star Wars: Tales of the Old Republic (Add-on story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediRiptide, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiptide

JediRiptide Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2003
    This is an area for an add-on type story. Any person may post on a new chapter to the saga, and the next person must pick up where the last person left off. Any 'spam' posts or outlandish cross-overs should be ignored.
    Here's the basic premise:
    Star Wars: Tales of the Old Republic
    Time: Approx. 2000 years before the Empire
    State of the Galaxy: The Jedi Order still remains poised for any enemy threat, and leads the Republic as guardians and protectors of it's people. The sith are in hiding, like usual, waiting like a serpent to strike when the time is right. The republic remains strong, except for a small area of the Mid-Rim. A war is brewing within a sector between several systems between the two races of the planetary systems, the Maku and the Gudan. Several Jedi, the Jedi Master Ha'ran, Jedi Knight Calina, and Ha'ran's Padawan Joi, have been dispatched to keep the peace and try to disuade the Maku Warlord and the Gudan Kahn from a full scale war between their peoples... but the Jedi sence a deeper, more powerful force at work, playing the two sides like puppets....
    Chapter 1
    -------------
    Calina had been sitting in the room for hours now it seemed, while the Maku and Gudan shouted at eachother. She wondered why she had even been sent, every attempt by her to intervene and help the so called 'peace discussions' was quickly ignored by the delegates. Sitting in the cold room of the orbiting space station, she tried to hold back the urge to walk out of the room on the delegates and goto her quarters to get some sleep.
    "How can you say that the Maku people have rights to the planet Derinek? The Gudan people have lived there for many generations!" yelled a Gudan delegate.
    Calina sighed, she knew these meetings were getting no where. Calina was an oddity of a Jedi, while not a 'prodigy' she still accelerated through her teachings quickly and was one of few to finish the Jedi Trials before the age of 18. Now three years later, she is regarded as a great asset to the order, as a great diplomat and swordswoman. She was a human with long brown hair and brown eyes, a fair skin tone, and an average height, however standing six foot tall was normally intimidating to a smaller race like the Gudan. The chubby green creatures did not seem to even notice her though, with all their babbling. Calina thought the Gudan to be funny looking creatures, barely 3ft tall and almost as wide as they stood. She wondered how they could stand on the three short stubby legs they had. They had faces of cubby little cherubs and tendrils for hair. Yet these little creatues were advanced, colonizing many systems during early times, until recently when the Maku Warlord Ordek seized the government power of his people in a violent coup. He claimed that several worlds were now under his control, yet the Gudan refused of course. The Maku were tall, slender creatures, with yellow fur covering all their bodies. On their shoulders, backs, and chests they had sharp colored tribal designs dyed into their fur, signifying not only their tribal alliegance, but also their rank, as well as age. The Maku have always been war like, even with eachother. A society based on tribes which have existed for one hundred generations, and suprisingly still exist in this day in age.
    "Well, I say we adjurn this meeting for now. Perhaps a nights rest will clear all of our minds," Calina stated to the council of eight, tired of the bickering between sides, "I shall confer with the Twi'lek Jedi Master Ha'ran about this matter, and we will continue in the morning. For now I suggest you all go back to your quarters."
    After a few whispers and back talk, they dispersed, and Calina was finally free to go back to her room onboard the station. As she was walking back, one of the Maku confronted her.
    "Pardon mez, mizz jediz" said one of the Maku, still with a heavy accent. She could tell it was one of the warriors, not a diplomat trained for negotiations. Yes, it was true, the humanoid jackal like Maku did have negoti

2. JediRiptide

Sep 14, 2003
    ((((((((((((Who ever feels like they can continue this story, and feels like writing a chapter is welcome to. Please keep the story within context though, and sorry for my bad grammar in this chapter, forgot to read it over. Enjoy everyone!)))))))))))))

3. JediRiptide

Sep 14, 2003
    I took this from another post asking for backgrounds on original characters, thought it might help to paste it here as well for people adding to this story.
    --------------------------------------
    ------------------------------
    Name: Calina
    Sex: Female
    Race: Human
    Hair: Wavy Brown
    Eyes: Brown

Lightsaber color: Blue
    Padawan: None
    Master: Dorek

Person he/she trusts most: Master Dorek and Master Ha'ran
    Person he/she distrusts most: none yet
    Other friends: Padawan Joi

Greatest Strength: Swordsmanship and Diplomacy
    Greatest Weakness: Overtrusting
    Greatest Ambition: Acceptance, To be a Jedi Master and take on her own apprentices.

Accomplishments: Accelerated in the teachings of the Jedi and the use of the force. She had reached the Jedi Trials long before most, and is considered a promising jedi. While not a jedi progidy, she is still considered one of the most powerful young jedi.
    Most related quote: None yet

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Name: Tsil Ena
    Sex: Female
    Race: Human (Alderaanian)
    Hair: Auburn
    Eyes: Green

Lightsaber color: Amber
    Padawan:
    Master: Sial

Person he/she trusts most: Her Master and her best friend Natin Trawt
    Person he/she distrusts most: none
    Other friends: to be determined

Greatest Strength: Patience, persuasion, and the difference between "Diplomatic solutions" and "aggressive negotiations."
    Greatest Weakness: Skepticism
    Greatest Ambition: Become a Master
    Accomplishments: While with her first Master (until the age of 16), her Master was killed and she was forced to step in on the negotiations and was able to prevent a war before being reassigned.
    Most related quote: Love with limits, pain with purpose, compassion with conviction.

What timeframe is this?

5. JediRiptide

Sep 14, 2003
    The time period is in the first post. Please add to the story if you wish, and your more than welcome to put your character in the story. FYI- This story takes place somewhere around two millenia before the rise of the empire. The way I look at it is, roughly in the middle between the game Knights of the Old Republic and the Phantom Menace. There is a good 4000 years in between the two... plenty of time for conflicts and wars between the Republic and others.

6. JediRiptide

Sep 14, 2003
    On another note, just so you know, I wanted to put it in this time frame to promote new original characters, rather than see Luke and the New Jedi or Obi-wan and Anakin in yet another story. I wanted to add some originality.

7. JediRiptide

Sep 14, 2003
    Hmmm... I'm guessing this Add-on story thing doesn't work too well on these boards, does it. No one is adding on :)

8. JediRiptide

Sep 14, 2003
    As I can see from the little (or none) response on this story, I must have a bad writting style. Could anyone give me any tips on writing short stories?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.