main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars TCG is a lot better then CCG IMO

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by DarthJimmy2002, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJimmy2002

DarthJimmy2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I love the Star Wars Trading Card Game better then the CCG. TCG is made by Wizards of the Coast so its really fun, easy to pick up and play, you know its going to be around for a while, tournaments, plus they have the rights to Star Wars Card Games! Yay! I thought CCG was just to damn hard to play, but with TCG I am a master.
    Right now only Attack Of The Clones set is out but in summer they are releasing Sith Rising a Episode I set! And next year, ANH! Yes! Then ESB, ROTJ, then EP3 baby!

I think the key here is the "IMO" part. This has been discussed before. Try here for one

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Please lock this thread. You're doing nothing but trying to incite an argument.

But let me get this straight. You like the TCG because it's simpler than the CCG? The CCG's complexity was one of the things that made it so fun. The TCG is just throw dice, throw dice, throw dice. Yippee.

3. DarthJimmy2002

May 16, 2002
    Sorry, didnt mean too. Just wanted to sing my praise about my new favorite card game. Guess there still a hellva lot of bitterness about Decphier's (SP?) no being able to make anymore cards. Oh well.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Have you actually tried the CCG? I don't mean just played it once and left it at that, but I mean really played it. Try to learn the rules and strategy and you'll see that it is a much more in-depth and fun game than the TCG.

The very fact that there is only one way to win in the TCG means that the game has little room to expand.

5. DarthJimmy2002

May 16, 2002
    Yeah, I tried to play it several times, had friends teach me, had Card shop owners teach me, I just couldnt get it. And yes, I owned over 250 CCG cards. I just couldnt understand it, so I got TCG, and by the by, i noticed in the What dont you like about the new TCG game or something like that, you really ripped TCG a new one. Are you angry about something? I am excited about all WotC can add with all this new expansions coming out, rumors of Sith Rising stats weapons thats add power to characters etc. etc. as well as new planets and land areas, therefore, having to rule some many planets to win.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm just stating the facts:

1) The TCG uses dice, and it uses dice a lot.

2) It doesn't capture the feel of the Star Wars universe.

3) It's just battle battle battle.

4) The game has little strategy, due to #3.

5) Since there is only one way to win, the game is severely limited right then and there, no matter how many expansions are added on to it.

By the way, what couldn't you understand about the CCG? I agree that reading the rules for the first time may confuse a new player, but they make sense soon enough.

7. DarthJimmy2002

May 16, 2002
    You realize that this whole thread is just us bickering right? Okay. I know your a die hard CCG reading through your posts. You really really really dont like TCG. Thats fine. What I couldnt understand was like Force drain, force draw, all that stuff. Thats what I like about TCG. Maybe if TCG with its add on, brings in the best elements of CCG maybe you like it? What do you think?
    Besides, i selling my cards tommorow for 15 bucks, shame too, i had a hellva lot of good cards, oh well, no good riding a dead horse!

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Force draining is quite simple: If you control (have at least 1 ability when your opponent does not) a location during your control phase, your opponent loses Force equal to the amount of their icons at that location. Certain cards can add to the amount of Force lost as well.

I don't get what you mean about "Force draw," though. There is no such concept in the game.

9. DarthJimmy2002

May 16, 2002
    Hey, I appreciate your help, but Im selling my cards. All 200+ are going to a guy I know for 15 bucks. With that and money I had saved up, im getting Medal of Honor: Frontline and some more AOTC cards. Sorry! :(
    I bet it was a great game though :)

10. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    [image=http://www.hohm.com/html_t/p119_padlock.htm]

11. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    Hey Bib not to dispute you or anything but uh, wasnt ATOC one big battle? Sure you have a chase scene in it and a love story (which really didnt work) but in my opinion the TCG Attack of the Clones expansion captured the essence of the movie perfectly. And I happened to play the CCG since it started and while I was not happy to see Decipher lose the license I do like the TCG better then the CCG right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.