Star Wars TCG, Miniatures, and TTF

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by willhi1979, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willhi1979 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a couple days recently, and I figured I'd say hello. 3 other friends and myself get together to play Star Wars TCG once a month. It would be really cool if we could expand this and get it sanctioned. Maybe would could find a card shop to host it if it gets big enough. If you are interested in joining up, please let me know by replying here or e-mailing me at willhi1979@yahoo.com.

Additionally, I play Star Wars Galaxies on the Shadowfire Server. My character is an Imperial Wookiee...I know. He is a master architect and a master carbineer. Also, I'm going to try to get into the new Star Wars Miniatures game. Has anybody tried to play it, or are you interested in playing it some?

Finally, it looks like the website for TTF is down, and I wanted to get some information about possibly joining, I looked at it a couple months ago but never did anything with it.

Thanks,

William
  2. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings and welcome, William! :D Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy our group. You'll have a tough time getting local retailers to run events with SW TCG ... it does not sell well enough.

However, Natalie and Jane play the TCG. You might want to PM them to get a game going at one of our next meetings.

As for the other games, our group has not taken the full plunge into SW Galaxies with the exception of BlackDog, I believe. I saw the miniatures game up at Gencon, and it looks like fun. No one has spoken of any interest here on the group as of yet, you're the first one. Would you be interested in doing a demo and teaching us how to play?

I never got into SWTCG (even tho I'm a card playing nut), only because I'm an official Decipher volunteer rep and I'm hooked onto the old Star Wars CCG out of loyalty. You can get those old SWCCG cards for a song on eBay or Potomac Distribution .

Patrick Hines and I (Decipher dAgents) are working to promote WARS TCG, which is based off the old Decipher SWCCG game mechanic of attrition and losing force (energy). I find that game more intense and less subject to luck, more to knowledge and skill.

Don't know what part of town you're in, William, but I'll be doing tournaments at All Fun and Games in Cary and Apocalypse Games in Wake Forest. You and your friends are more than welcome to come out. I'll post the complete schedule momentarily.
  3. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    For your calendar, here's the upcoming events for Wars TCG:

Sometime in late September

We are going to have a Wars TCG Demo deck tournament. The location will depend on which area has the largest number of respondents to a poll I'll send out over the weekend. The format will be similar to the format used at GenCon except that you''ll have to print your own demo deck cards and back them with cards from another game. This will be a FREE event, the winner will get a starter deck of their choice when the game releases.

Saturday, October 9, 2004 @ 1:15PM

We will hold a WARS TCG booster draft at Sports Cards Unlimited in Durham (in the Northgate Mall) cost is the purchase of 3 boosters + $1 Decipher tournament fee. For Wars Booster drafting you can bring as many encampents you wish to bring to the event. For this event, I'll have extra encampments for everyone to borrow. Also, each starter comes with multiple encampents so, if you wish to have your own encampents, the store will have starters on hand to purchase. I think I have an extra earther shirt to give away from GenCon for this event. If you haven't seen them, they are very cool.

Thursday, October 14, 2004 @ 5:30PM Location: Sports Cards Unlimited - Northgate Mall Location

We will hold a WARS TCG booster draft at Sports Cards Unlimited in Durham (in the Northgate Mall) cost is the $1 Decipher tournament fee + store purchase (to keep store owner happy.) This will be the first constructed event in North Carolina, it's a warmup event to the big cash event on Saturday, October 16 that will be Sports Card Unlimited's "official" first tournament event.

Friday, October 15, 2004 @ 7:00PM Location: Duelist Kingdom in Haw River

This is a First tournament weekend event run by Nicole Follet-Dunn. You bring a 60 card constructed deck. There will be special foils for all participants and a special T-shirt to the winner. Cost for this event is $10.00.

Saturday, October 16, 2004 @ 11:00AM Location: Sports Cards Unlimited - Roxboro Road Location

This is a First tournament weekend event run by Patrick Hines. You bring a 60 card constructed deck. There will be special foils for all participants all participants, a special T-shirt to the winner, booster packs at randown, CD's with cool Star Wars and Wars TCG related stuff and cash prizes for the top three places. Cost for this event is $15.00.

Sunday, October 17, 2004 @ Location: Apocalypse Games in Wake Forest

This is a First tournament weekend event run by Don Weinstein. You bring a 60 card constructed deck. There will be special foils for all participants all participants, a special T-shirt to the winner and cash prizes as well. Cost for this event is $10.00.

The weekend of October 22-24, 2004

Don is planning a major DPC weekend. If we can get the location and all details worked out, there will be SWCCG, WARSTCG, LOTR and more at this event. Kinda of a mini-con a DonCon!

At each of these events, we will be compiling a list of players and setting up tournaments for the rest of the year at the following locations: Fallen Orc Games - Cary, Sports Cards Unlimited - Durham, Apocalypse Games - Wake Forest, Duelist Kingdom - Haw River and All Fun n' Games - Cary. We will try to keep things on a rotating basis so Don, Greg, Nicole and myself don't burn out on running tournaments.
  4. willhi1979 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to make one of the wars things coming up. I'll see how the schedule ends up. I would be up for demoing SW Miniatures after I get a chance to read over the rules a little more. I also need to find somebody I can play against to figure it out. Thanks and have a great day.

William
  5. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    Our gamemaster Sean just found the Star Wars miniatures at our local gaming store here in Ft. Lauderdale. He will be teaching us sometime this week. I will be glad to show you, Don. See you soon.
  6. willhi1979 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've found a couple stores in town that carry the Miniatures. Foundation's Edge on Hillsborough St. has them and also Fallen Orc Games in Cary. Darth Mom Hobbies which is new in City Market has the Tusken Raider promos that they are giving away. If anybody wants to get together and play, let me know.

William
  7. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    HA! Darth Mom Hobbies! That's awesome! never heard of them. However I'll have to check 'em out.
  8. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    Don,If you do go check out Darth Mom's please snag me a Tusken Raider.
  9. willhi1979 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, Darth Mom Hobbies is new, I think. I saw it at City Market on First Friday when I was out there with some friends. I went back there last Thursday. The owner seemed pretty nice, she seemed interested in having us play SW:TCG there. Her 13 year old plays Yugi-oh she said. It shares a store with a music shop. I couldn't stay long but it sounded like everyone there was pretty nice. I got offered a donut as I was heading to the door, but I declined since I was on my way to Daniel's for a business dinner.

William
  10. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup, I definitely know about Fallen Orc and Foundation's Edge, I know both the owners quite well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.