main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by silverca03, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverca03

silverca03 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Hey everyone I just picked up the TCG and was wondering if there were many peopel in the area that were into it. I never played one before but figured why not buy it just to find out. So if anyone is interested in maybe playign some games let's see what we can do

2. AdronPa

AdronPa Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I'm a 35 y.o. interactive designer living in Whitehall. Other than studying the rulebook and Star Wars Gamer, I have no SW RPG experience. But I do have little D&D experience, little Magic experience, some SWTCG experience, and lots of Video Game RPG experience.

I'm looking for both an RPG group and TCG players that either meet in the South Hills, or somewhere near the city, like Oakland/Shadyside/Squirell Hill/South Side.

If you're looking for a player, drop me a line at wmbbjr@hotmail.com

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just played tonight with a couple of people from the boards here. I'll let you know next time we play.

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Do you guys want to get together sometime next week to play? Maybe somewhere in the Waterfrontor Southside?

5. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I got Darth Maul (B) today from the unleashed figure.

6. AdronPa

AdronPa Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I got Darth Maul (B) today from the unleashed figure.

Where at?

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Someone from my internship bought the Darth Maul unleased figure and since I play the TCG he gave it to me.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Does anyone want to play sometime this week. Friday is really good for me anytime. Saturday I have a graduation party to go to and sunday is open. Also since I'm trying to start a league are any of you interested.

9. Bubba_the_Genius

Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    I'm spending the weekend with my girlfriend at my old college (Auburn University, in Auburn, Alabama), so this weekend's no good for me.

(I also left my dice with my girlfriend, and I have to go retrieve them. :D)

Next weekend, though, should be just fine. Rox, please be sure to keep organizing get-togethers. :)

And while we're on the subject of what cards were found where, I've gotten the bulk of my supplies from Phantom of the Attic in Oakland (some really nice guys work there). I happened to walk by, and I picked up an 11-card booster, to find the quite elusive BOBA FETT. :D

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Does anyone know about any other Promo cards besides the Maul and Zam cards?

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I might be interested in playing, as long as I have the time.

Didn't we get some cards with the Celebration II program? I don't remember if they were special cards though?

12. Bubba_the_Genius

Mar 19, 2002
    There is, I believe, a promo card with every Unleashed figure, which would mean promo's for Vader and Anakin. There's also a promo Anakin in the issue of SW Gamer #10.

There are probably others (in other mag's I think), but I'm not certain of the specifics.

BTW, Rox, given any thoughts to organizing sanctioned tourneys for the TCG?

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yes I want to but I'm trying to get some people here before I go any further. I myslef have only played the game a handful of times and wanted to get some more experience.

14. silverca03

May 23, 2002
    I am definitely interested in getting together and playig sometime I've been stuck playing with a few friends who aren't really into it so it isn't great for me . But i'd love to get more experience playing with other people

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    How about next friday afternoon? Doe anyone want to play then?

16. silverca03

May 23, 2002
    I'm free all week until Friday I'm heading out of town for a 50th anniversary I'm sure that will be just awesome lol maybe some other time soon

17. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    You know I'm in, Rox

18. Bubba_the_Genius

Mar 19, 2002
    This Friday afternoon, June 21st?

I'm there, dude. :)

I have a meeting that morning scheduled until 11:30 (which usually means it will actually run until noon) but I can free up my schedule all that afternoon.

Just lemme know when and where.

Bubba

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    what time is good for you guys. Around say, 1 PM?

20. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    1pm is fine with me. Just lemme know for sure where it'll be.

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Clear your schedules! I'm here to announce the first Star Wars TCG day for the Steel City Jedi Knights.

TCG Pittsburgh Style:
    Where: Barnes and Noble Books at the Point in Robinson Towne Center
    When: Sunday, July 21st
    Time: noon

This will be a double elimination round robin tournament. The winner will take home 5 packs of the Attack of the Clones 11 card booster packs. You must signup in advance for this event because space is limited. For entry in this event fill out the below information and send an email to Rox@thenewrepublic.net with ?Star Wars TCG Pittsburgh Style? in the subject. All ages are invited to compete but if you are under 18 an adult must be present at the time of the tournament.

Signup Info:
    Name:
    Email:
    Username:
  22. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I'll play just let me know where and what time on friday. If possible call me my number is 412-512-5563. it's my cell so just leave voice mail.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    say 1pm at Barnes and Noble? Let me know if it is good for you.

24. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Rox, I'm off work on Monday. Are you available for game play? BTW I'll be entering the Gateway JEDI Outcast challege and will be playing that on Monday as well. We should get as many as we can involved with this. Top prize is $25,000+

Also how about playing TCG on Sat or Sun?

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If are going to play either friday or saturday or sunday please post your day of preference and where you want to play. I'd like to get this ironed out. I'm going to be away form the computer for a while so if you want to call me on my cell phone it's 412.897.1090.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.