main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Teaser Christmas '76

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by colivo, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    I was watching the original Star Wars teaser on the bonus disk that came out in the Christmas season 1976.
    I was 4 years old so I don't remember it, but I did see the movie the next year.

First, does anybody remember seeing the teaser back in '76, and what did you think at the time?

Also I tried putting myself in the position of if I saw the teaser before the movie, and what I would have thought. I probably would have been intrigued, but I don't think I really would have had any idea what I just watched? Your thoughts...

2. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Well I wasn't even born then so.... yah. A little something about that teaser is the white sabers obi and Vader had because they were not even near done with the film at that point. Most of the shots on that teaser were like the only finished shots they had.

3. cmbrown15

cmbrown15 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    I remember seeing a trailer before one of the Sinbad (the sailor, not the bad comic) movies that featured Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion animation. It looked cool to me, around five years old at the time, until I saw a scene of Chewbacca growling.

He scared the heck out of me.

4. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    I wasn't born yet but when I buy movie I'll watch the traller. Then I will imagine I'm just seeing the traller for the fist time and ask myself if the movies looks good and is worth seeing. For the star wars teaser in 76 I think it looks increadable. Not great but something differnt that you dont see for the blockbuster every year. Not many movie trallers do that to me.

5. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Seeing as I was only a few days old at around that time, I didn't have much of an opinion of it. ;) Seriously tho, that trailer seems to me to have a bit of a darker, more serious feel to it, which is probably down to the music which is quite moody. I'd probably think that Darth Vader was going to be spending most of the film throwing people about and killing people left right and centre too...

6. NtriusBIL

NtriusBIL Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2004
    I was born in '79 so I can't directly address your post either, but...

In the dark times before the DVD's, I snagged the Definitive Edition on LaserDisc. I watched the first previews ("A story about a boy, a girl, and a galaxy" AYE!!!) and thought "There is NO way I would have been interested in this!"

Would I have been impressed in the context of the 70's? Who knows...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.