main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars television series - A New Perspective

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jedi979, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Before anybody zaps this thread: I know there is already a Star Wars TV series thread, but it didn't really talk about what I had it mind. That said, what if instead of making a series set after the movies, they made one set way before them. In the KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) time period, for example. Think about it: they wouldn't have to worry about casting, because they could literally make up whatever characters they want. There wouldn't be nearly the plot restraints; since that period of SW history is relatively unexplored (at least compared to the OT period), writers could pretty much have free reign. As for look and feel, I think that if ILM (or a division of ILM created just for this series) did the FX work, it would look great. And perhaps best of all, we could see a side of Star Wars that will never be seen on the big screen. From what I've seen of KOTOR so far, I think it would be awesome to have a series set during that time. Not only that, it would be a chance to finally see some kick-a** girl Jedi as well. That twin-bladed lightsaber-wielding Bastila Shan's a cutie...

2. Dracona_Lor

Dracona_Lor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2003
    I would LOVE to have the era before TPM explored by writers, etc.!

I'm attempting to write a story in that general era, but it's slow going, since I'm too busy between work and class, and such.

3. Jediloren

Jediloren Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    I think it is a great Idea. Jedi979 when and where is this starwars TV series aired?

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    This show doesn't exist. It's a hypothetical type statement.

5. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    It'd be cool if it did exist, though, right?

6. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Definitely.

7. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    This seems like an off idea... Not many movies I know ever turned into a GOOD Live Acyion TV Show... Ever see Mutant X? Unless you mean animation or CGI'S then it would rock!

8. Valiant_Starlight

Valiant_Starlight Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2003
    I would love to see a pre-trilogy era TV show. However, I think it would be better as computer animation such as 'final fantasy' or the 'Roughnecks' show that aired on the SciFi channel a few years ago. A true live action show would not have the cool special effects that is part of the general SW experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.