main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Television Series...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Joe22Skywalker, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSucrose

DSucrose Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2007
    If I were a betting man, I'd bet they'd appear.

2. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Especially as Lucas says Artoo is his personal favourite character. It wouldn't be Star Wars without them, though I hope they're both given something useful to do, rather than being wasted a la the PT.

3. Mace_Won

Mace_Won Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2006
    It would be cool to see R2 and 3PO rescue Captain Antilles and the crew during some early skirmishes with the Empire.

4. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    I would not be surprised to see Ewan show up for a number of cameo appearances just as Harrison Ford appeared in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. At TV series with Ian McDiarmid as Emperor Palpatine, Ewan McGregor doing cameos as Obi-Wan, Daniel Logan as Boba Fett and someone in the Darth Vader suit along with lots of new characters and storylines would have the makings of great television.

5. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    this show is going to be the greatest show on TV. I can't freakin wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I can't wait until we get all of the 3Sa-ers back! I also cannot wait for pics in Insider and the Hyperspace webcam!!

7. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    ... What's a 3Sa-er?

8. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    It meant:Episode 3 Spoilers Allowed

In the early days (before AICN posted massive spoilers) there were little spoilers, yet I had a blast with the speculation and theories.

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    3NS for life. I'll definitely be going spoiler-free for the TV show like I was for the movies.

10. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    If I had the will power I'd do the same but alas I am far too weak.

11. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    So far we're not really given a choice - other than "Cartoon Clon Wars Yoda landing in 3D Simpsons Land".

12. Scum-and-villainy

Scum-and-villainy Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    This TV series really is going to be hit or miss.

On the one hand it could be spectacular and on the other... it could flop terribly.

Boba Fett being on the poster fills me with hope though, Bounty Hunters are a brilliant basis for a series.

Cameo appearances from saga characters could be a bit gimmicky though, so hopefully they won't do that.

13. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Well I wouldn't mind say a hologram of Vader giving Fett an assignment but that's as far as I'd want it to go.

14. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    This TV show will be a major ground-breaking hit - not a miss. Also, I believe GL will find a way to make sure the show cannot be subject to the whims of network schedulers who are only interested in ratings and keeping the sponsors happy. No matter who gets the show, GL will control the arrangement like he did with the prequels. I don't know if there is such a thing as "independent" television, but the Star Wars Live Action TV Show likely will be the closest thing to it.

As for spoilers, they don't really bother me. They are not always accurate or up to date. If I'm interested, I read them and if I'm not, I don't. For me, "spoilers" really don't spoil my enjoyment of seeing the final movie - or in this case - TV show.

15. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    For me ( during ROTS at least) I drew the line at dialog or exact details. I could deal with general plot details but I didn't want a detailed outline of action like "Obi-Wan kicks Anakin on top of the table". It was more liek for me, "anakin and Obi-Wan fight on Mustafar". I am unsure if that makes ense.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That makes sense- I adopt differing spoiler approaches depending on the franchise. With Star Wars, i like to be generally in the dark of specific things as well as character deaths and the like, but broad strokes and such I usually can't avoid giving into, but I can exercise a level of patience with it. By contrast, with Battlestar Galactica, I avoid most spoilers as that's a program meant to just blow you away with it's shocks (I adopt the "raise your hand in front of your face to block the TV" approach to those bloody annoying teasers integrated into the second part of the title sequence), whereas, say, with Stargate I eat up all the spoilers shy of exact dialogue/scripts, etc as that show is just so darn addicting I need something to hold me over during midseason/season breaks.

It'll be interesting to see what I end up doing with the SW show after the nature of the show becomes apparent and I can judge which to take- though, obviously, being a mod here will probably require I have some level of spoiler exposure so I can keep tabs on the various spoiler-designated threads.

17. Yuuzhan_Vongs

Yuuzhan_Vongs Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2007
    It's speculated that Quinlan Vos could also be in the series.

My guess is that it will cover Jedi during the pruge and the transformation of the Clone Troopers to Stormtroopers and the persicution of the Galactic Empire. Like the fear it places on planets, it's xenophobic ideals, it's anti-non human laws and things such as that.

18. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    It's still a long ways off...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31763

19. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah...well they are trying to sell 2009 to the toyfair crowd. That is still "years away" so I expect it to be in motion by then.

20. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Fett could work as the main character now since I think of it. I mean he does now have a bigger role in the recent Post RotJ novels( Legacy). He could work, but what exactly is he going to do? Is he going to be accepting pay jobs from Rebels and Imperials?

Fett's tough but so was Blade and his show only lasted one season.

21. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    That's cuz

1. The Blade series was lame.
    2. The Blade movie series was b-movie, at best.
    3. All Blade really was, was a Wesley Snipes vehicle. No Wesley, no Blade.
    4. Blade - [face_laugh]

22. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    I'm sure we'll see Boba just because of the interest George has in Logan playing him.

What I would love to see in the series would be more planets or maybe visit some from OT like
    Bespin or maybe something from EU like Manaan(highly doubt this one though).

23. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm sure we'll see Boba because my vintgage figure winked at me when I had the flu.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, if you factor out the fact that actor who played Blade on the TV series sucked, that show actually got surprisingly good as the season progressed- and I think the showrunners sorta realized that too, and regulated Blade to what he was best at- beinga force of nature, so to speak, while the genuinely interesting supporting characters could start taking center stage. Judging by the pilot and first couple episodes, I didn't care too much for the series, but by it's end I was actually rather dissapointed it wasn't renewed as it was actually quite good by then.

It was certainly a hell of a lot better than the tremendously huge piece of crap that was Blade Trinity (the glorious Ryan Reynolds not withstanding).

25. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    "I'm sure we'll see Boba because my vintgage figure winked at me when I had the flu."

I think someone drank too much Robitussin :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.