main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars temp scores; Episode III web documentary music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by xoliver, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoliver

xoliver Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2001
    The Annotated Screenplays reveals that Star Wars had a temp soundtrack including bits of Holst's 'Mars' and Stravinsky's Le Sacre du Printemps. What other music has been used in temp soundtracks for the Star Wars films?

Also, what's the incidental music used in some of the current Episode III web documentaries?

2. xoliver

Aug 3, 2001
    If you guys don't know, do you know anyone who might?

3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Your question is rather general. You say "some" of the docs.

Well, I'm generally unspoiled, so I haven't really watched those web docs. I would suspect that they use cues from the SW films.

Anyhow, if you are a Hyperspace member, you can drop a question to Pablo about such matters. He has a Q & A thread for it on the OS.

4. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    They use a lot of existing STAR WARS music.

5. xoliver

Aug 3, 2001
    I found some notes relevant to the temp soundtracks (and SW music in general) here.

Some of the web documentaries (don't recall numbers, but they're no good if you aren't watching them anyway) include in-universe-style (as opposed to dramatic orchestral) music that I don't recognize.

GK edit: Fixed link. :)

6. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    What do you mean by "in-universe-style"? The Star Wars universe? Our universe?

If you give me a specific web doc number, I may go check it out if it doesn't seem too spoilerish.

7. xoliver

Aug 3, 2001
    I meant as in the Star Wars universe. OK, I figured out that music in #4 and #7 is "Ewok Feast" from the Episode VI soundtrack which I don't have. There are other snatches that I don't recognize, but as you see I don't know the recorded material all that well.

Another (short) thread on my first question: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14053575&start=14053575&search=temporary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.