main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Star Wars: The Beginning (AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Brandon Rhea, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Title: Star Wars: The Beginning
    Author: Brandon Rhea
    Based Upon: 'The Star Wars' by George Lucas, The Journal of the Whills by Brendon Wahlberg and One Tin Solider by Various Artists.
    Characters: The Skywalker and Original Characters
    Timeframe: Founding of the Jedi Bendu Order
    Author Notes: This novel is set at the beginning of life within the Alternative Star Wars Saga which was created by yours truly. This short novel was based off of the story of The Skywalker and the founding of the Jedi Bendu Order as told in George Lucas' original drafts of The Star Wars. It is also based off of the biblical song titled One Tin Soldier. The novel has very short chapters, thus making it a short novel, but it doesn't really need that much in my opinion.
    More Author Notes: The novel is based off of [sources listed above] and is obviously very short. I made it short so that it would look like a biblical passage, which in the Star Wars Galaxy would be the Journal of the Whills which is also alluded to in this story. Other religious tie-ins include the Kingdom of the Mountain and the most obvious one being the people which dwell within the Valley of the Shadow of Death. I've always liked to think that the many religions on Earth each have their merits and are tied together in one way or another, though I believe in the Christian God more than anything else. Yes, I am rambling now, but I say this because I like to think that the religions of Earth are connected to the religion of the Star Wars Galaxy, which is predominantley the Force. I'm sure that might offend some people, though it's the way I have always written the religious conotations in The Alternative Star Wars Saga.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One
    The Ashla and The Bogan

In the beginning, there was nothing. Volcanoes spewed over the newly formed worlds, no water or habitability in sight. However, things began to change rapidly over the next few centuries. Life arose on a multitude of worlds and flourished. This life brought forth the Force, an energy radiated by all living beings. Even as living beings died, the Force they generated remained intact. And so, the Force grew to become the living essence of the galaxy itself. Being a part of the great cycle of life, the Force had two aspects: creation and destruction. Each of the parts balanced against the other, and the Force came to know itself.

Eventually, the energies of the Force had grown strong enough to be sensed by living beings. A holy man named The Skywalker was the first to become aware of the Force on the second planet to bare life, Ashlan Four. He had traveled for years, searching for a purpose in life while praying to whatever God he heard mentioning of. However, none of them responded. Finally, he received a response from what sound like millions of voice speaking to him in unison. He studied for years, coming to see in a new way. His aura and his powers grew stronger day by day. The Force spoke to The Skywalker and he came to know the life-giving aspect of the Force. And, he named it ?Ashla?, a word meaning ?bringer of hope? in the ancient Ashlan language.

However, the life-taking aspect of the Force quickly responded to what the Ashla had done. It too spoke to The Skywalker, and he named it ?Bogan?, a word meaning ?bringer of death? in the ancient Ashla language. The Bogan sought out the holy on in an effort to twist his mind into doing its evil deeds, increasing the energy of death in the galaxy. But, the Bogan had not yet learned the way of seduction so it could only try to compel The Skywalker to comply.

?I fear you not,? The Skywalker proclaimed. ?I shalt not betray my people to thy temptations. You have failed, dark one.? The Bogan tempted him for years, but The Skywalker?s strength prevailed. Realizing that it had failed, the Bogan quickly diminished itself, thus bringing balance to the Force and giving the Ashla it?s rightful title as the

2. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Oh, right, I forgot that I always have to bump my works a few times for someone to read it.....

3. Matt-Darklighter

Matt-Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    very nice, its nice to see something about the beginning, ive found odd bits here and there but this makes it all very interesting, and that the descoverers of the force would also bring balance for the second time, very cool

4. commander_of_501st

commander_of_501st Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2006
    I like it :>

very well found. some things seem unlogical to me, but it's a very good story.

btw, I also have a story about the beginning of the jedi's and the discovery of the force ( first jedi story ). but like you said, people don't read very quick. ( so i'll make some publicity :p )

but this story is very nice.

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    What were the odd and illogical bits?

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fascinating story. I rather enjoyed it and the story of the Bendu being slain, only for the Valley people to discover something meant to be shared anyway.

7. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Indeed. That part is from the song One Tin Solider. However, in the song it says "Peace on Earth" so obviously I had to revise that a bit.

8. commander_of_501st

Jun 8, 2006
    well, the unlogicaly bit to me is at the valley. why do they call itthe valley of death in the first place ? and if they call it like that, why set a settlement over there ?

it's just with some things that I ask myself the question " WHY ". ( very important in a story )

but it could also have to do with me being Belgian and my English isn't perfect as you can see in my story ( pub :p )

but besides that, it's a very good story. and if you'd change it just a tiny little bit, it would make it very logical ( most things in your story already are )

but this is mostly a personal thing. I like it when everything fits in one point. ( so don't pay any attention to me :p )

9. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    The Jedi Bendu call it the Valley of the Shadow of Death. When they arrived, there was already a settlement there.

10. commander_of_501st

Jun 8, 2006
    yes, I got that , but why do they go to a planet with life if they have to protect something no one may know ?

11. commander_of_501st

Jun 8, 2006
    but it's just a little thing. maybe I got it wrong. the story is realy good.

12. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    No, no. You missed a part. When The Skywalker first discovered the Force no one other than his family knew it. However, if you re-read the part when he dies he says that his "...family will not be enough to safeguard all of it". They went out in search of new disciples.

13. commander_of_501st

Jun 8, 2006
    and why do they call it the valley of death ? if they are looking for a next gardian race, I don't think you would find it there. ( but I probably got that wrong to. I knew that they were to find other gardians, but when you wrote the valley of death and shadow, I thought they were there for some other reason. )

14. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    The people of the Valley are not the only inhabitants on Kal'Shabbol. Perhaps I should make that clearer.

15. Matt-Darklighter

Matt-Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    mayb these jedi saw something dark in the future of the vally, or did the local people name it that, some old myth or legend. and whats the future of the planet, thats where the darkside reawakened, could that vally become the vally of the dark lords, the planet becoming known as korriban???

16. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Nope. The Valley of the Shadow of Death was a name given by the Jedi Bendu of Kal'Shabbol, as they basically had what we would call "ghost stories". However, once the Jedi Bendu of Ashlan Four discovered how the people of the Valley sacraficed themselves for the good of the Force, it was given the name Valley of the Ashla. That's part of a story after this, though.

Kal'Shabbol does not become Korriban. Because this is AU and part of my Alternative Saga backstory, it's still Kal'Shabbol. Thousands of years after this story, a rift will occur in the Jedi Bendu Order. Things will become corrupt, their code will change and the order will be renamed to the Jedi Order. However, two dozen or so knights that were loyal to the Jedi Bendu Order left the Jedi Order and headed out into the galaxy. They had to decide on a new home, so they chose Kal'Shabbol. They founded a new order and named it the Bendu Order, in memory of what once was.

Much like the Jedi Bendu of The Skywalker's era, the Bendu Order became the guardians of peace and justice in the Ashlan Expanse. To clarify, the Ashlan Expanse is in the Unknown Regions and, because historical records were lost during the corruption, the Jedi Order did not know of the existance of the Bendu Order or the Ashlan Expanse as the corrupt Jedi Masters during the great corruption came up with the story of how the order was formed on Ossus and elsewhere, aka. the official story of George Lucas' Star Wars Saga....not mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.